CHL Redesign

chickenfish13

Hey Guys. I have one more team coming in the redeveloping the NHL, but it won't be ready for a while, so I wanted to start something a little different. Hockey is my sport, and instead of redesigning the NHL, i wanted to redesign the CHL (central hockey league.) I'll be doing them alphabetically, so first up is the Allen Americans. They are a fairly new team, so I kept their primary, just with a few changes. I dropped the swooshing puck at the bottom of the shield, and got rid of the script at the top. The secondary is just the A-star, in different colors. With the jerseys, I wanted to do something classic, so I just went with simple stripes, using all the colors from the logos. I doubt any of you will be crazy about the Alternate, it's something a little more out there. I used the striping from the primary shield, and gave them an inner grey stripe. I hope at least one boar member likes it, and if not, then it's something to work on.

Also, you may notice that I'm posting the logos and jerseys at the same time, to show that I worked on this for a little while, and would like some c and c on it to make it better. So with that, C and C please, and thanks for viewing.

chlamericanlo.png

chlaahome.png

chlaaway.png

chlamericanalt.png

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty good stuff here. I don't know what the team looks like now, but I like this. The alternate's stripes makes it too hard to see the logo and numbers. What if you used the white A-star logo from the other jerseys and used white numbers or white outlines on the numbers?

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Everything looks pretty good, but I would suggest that you make the number on the back of the alternate white, because right now it's kinda hard to see and gets lost with the other stripes.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Everything looks pretty good, but I would suggest that you make the number on the back of the alternate white, because right now it's kinda hard to see and gets lost with the other stripes.

Yeah, they actually are white, but Inkscape exported it like that. So, I updated the logos and alternate on my original post, and I now present the Amarillo Gorillas. For the logos, I referenced to all kinds gorillas, and for anyone whos ever tried and succeeded, I applaud them, because it's probably the hardest animal to make a logo for :D . The secondary is based off their current secondary gorilla foot logo, with a script I made based off their current. The color scheme is unique, or I think it is. Their current colors are apparently red-black-grey-white, but the red kinda looks orange to me. So I went with orange, dark grey, and silver. I'm not sure if you guys will like the jerseys, as the idea kinda just came to me, so I went with it. I was lost for ideas for the alternate, so I kinda altered the striping. This whole concept may need some work, but I was just going with something different, so enjoy, and c and c.

chlgorillalo.png

chlamarillohome.png

chlamarilloaway.png

chlgorillaalt.png

Yeah, they actually are white, but Inkscape exported it like that. So, I updated the logos and alternate on my original post, and I now present the Amarillo Gorillas. For the logos, I referenced to all kinds gorillas, and for anyone whos ever tried and succeeded, I applaud them, because it's probably the hardest animal to make a logo for :D . The secondary is based off their current secondary gorilla foot logo, with a script I made based off their current. The color scheme is unique, or I think it is. Their current colors are apparently red-black-grey-white, but the red kinda looks orange to me. So I went with orange, dark grey, and silver. I'm not sure if you guys will like the jerseys, as the idea kinda just came to me, so I went with it. I was lost for ideas for the alternate, so I kinda altered the striping. This whole concept may need some work, but I was just going with something different, so enjoy, and c and c.

chlgorillalo.png

chlamarillohome.png

chlamarilloaway.png

chlgorillaalt.png

For the home, maybe invert the silver/gray colors so you could see the numbers better

This might come off as mean, but, I think you're really 0 for 2 so far with this overall concept.

I think you've made the Americans set far too busy than it needs to be. For starters, a rookie team, why would they need changes to a logo? Just leave it alone then allow it to grow or die on its own before you deem any change. The jerseys, it's like you brow beat us with the concept of Americans with stripes, only to add more in the latter design. It might be better if most of the jersey was a solid color rather than a central stripe that blends into a color of the logo taking away from it rather than adding to it.

Then, in your next concept, you oversimplified the Gorillas. While you think that a unique color scheme would be the best way, you sort of used muted colors in the logo and jersey to effectively make them (theoretically) blend into the eye and not stand out at all. While I would agree the current Gorillas logo is a tad busy, a muted gorilla head or foot is probably not the way to go either.

Archived