CHL Redesign

chickenfish13

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I definitely agree with the other posters that it's a bit too abstract right now. That being said, I think you can do a lot to fix that by dealing with the color issues. When I think crawdads/mudbugs, I think deep red, like the red in your first logo. However, there's not enough difference in value between the red and blue. So why not use the light blue from the top middle logo? You can still use a darker blue (red, light blue, and dark blue can look great together when done carefully) on the outside circle. Also, I'd use the white differently: I'd try to use it more a accentuate highlights to give some more definition to the mudbug's "parts," like the eyes, where the claws join, etc.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

OK, here is an update based on dgnmrwrw's color idea. I think it looks ok. Also, I wasn't quite sure how to accentuate it, as the claws don't join into the body yet, and from this angle, you wouldn't be able to see the eyes that well, so I tried as best as I could, and would like some c and c to keep on improving it.

mudbugsiedanc.png

I think it's an improvement. That certainly helps the mudbug shape pop out quicker. As far as the use of white, what I really meant was to use the white more sparsely as a highlight, instead of having big white shapes as you do now. You could maybe even use the dark blue for shadows, which would help integrate it.

EDIT: sizemore's rotation idea is definitely worth looking at.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Actually sizemorematters, I did have that idea pop into my head, but never tried it, so I will give it a shot. I get what you mean now dgnmrwrw, so I will maybe have an update later, but I am leaving today and will be gone for the weekend, so if not today, not until monday. Thanks for the ideas though guys. It really helps.

Leads to be a great shoulder patch, and nothing more.

That is amazing c and c!!!!

Seriously though, could you explain why it isn't good enough to be a main crest, what it could have to improve it, stuff like that?

Well, how does it MAKE a good main crest? It's a sports logo not a Magic Eye poster of a sailboat. There's nothing to get excited about, unless it's printed on a pog and you're nine. While the Mudbug isn't exactly the most fierce creature on the planet, you've muted it to be just as fierce as the man on a Mens bathroom sign. It's just bland.

They're right. It looks nice and clean but that's about it. I'm a long time fan of the CHL and I think their fans (as is true in many, but not all minor leagues) like pissed-off cartoon primary logos. I give you an A for thinking outside the box, but I don't see this flying.

newsig.jpg

Jerseys look pretty sweet. My only suggestion would be to put another stripe around the red shoulders that is the same width and color as the light blue striping. It would make the red show up better and would tie in with the bottom stripe. Also, the white inside of the collar should be navy, that portion of an actual jersey would be the same color as the base. But it's pretty obvious you are getting way better at jerseys; simplicity, I think, is usually the best route, and these are simple but very good.

I like what you have done so far, however, I think you might be trying a little hard with the Mudbugs. The 'Bugs have a solid logo as far as minor league hockey goes, and their somewhat unique color scheme is what makes them real cool. I think if you stuck with the original logo and just worked the purple,red and teal together, you can come up with a better uniform than they currently have. Although I know you're attempting to re-design them, I think your concept would be better off improving their look as opposed to completely changing their identity. That being said, keep up the great work, love the Central League Project, lot of potential with this project.

OK, so after awhile, I'm back with an update. I hope for this to be the final update to the Mudbugs. With the Alternate, I tried to use light blue more, as it was the most scarcely used color on the other 2. I tried to keep the classic but modern look with the Alternate, as I have been doing before. If you don't like the first 2 jerseys, you probably won't like the Alt., but just trying to be different. I tried for a long time to come up with a Secondary/Alternate logo, but I couldn't get anything, so I just went with a wordmark. C and C, don't know when the next one will be up.

Mudbugsfinalogo.png

mudbugsfinalhome.png

mudbugsfinalaway.png

mudbugsfinalalt.png

Archived