UFL Team Names & Logos

AJM

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those who are smart know that the XFL went out of their way not to name any teams after animals.

This league is doomed, just for all the venom being thrown its way for everything they do.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

This league is doomed, just for all the venom being thrown its way for everything they do.

I agree and think that thats true of any football league that isnt the nfl. Sure the afl is popular, but its no star and doesnt get the respect of the nfl.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Well, FWIW these name aren't official...I checked out the UFLAccess site and found that there were numerous names submitted for each team. However, if the folks at the UFL are as rigid as Clay Bennet and Co. are when they named the Thunder (that was the name they planned from Day 1, if you ask me), and don't do anything about it, and then release these names, then shame on them!!

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

You're right, they're not official, but they're still better than pretty much anything MLS started with.

But it still doesn't matter what this league does, everyone will still bitch and moan about name choices, uniform colors, name it, even if there's nothing to complain about. The whiners all want NFL quality output from a less-than-AFL quality league. It doesn't matter if Joe Bosack or Plan B does anything with the league identities, they'll still complain because it wasn't Flynn or Phoenix (k, that last one is a stretch).

K, I'm done ranting. Go back to whatever it was you were doing.

Remember: 6-game regular season.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Wow! Sentinels is fine, but those other three are a total laugh. What the hell is a Tusker supposed to be anyway?

A tusker is a type of elephant that can be found in the Florida Everglades, or so I've read.

Wow! Sentinels is fine, but those other three are a total laugh. What the hell is a Tusker supposed to be anyway?

A tusker is a type of elephant that can be found in the Florida Everglades, or so I've read.

A boar.

There also happens to be a restaurant in Disney World named Tusker House. Hmm.

msg-117798227822.jpg

A boar.

picard-facepalm.jpg

Not the Tusker House lol I don't like that place...

6fQjS3M.png

A boar.

I thought Disney World was supposed to be family friendly. I guess they felt they needed "something" for Dad.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

A boar.

I thought Disney World was supposed to be family friendly. I guess they felt they needed "something" for Dad.

Tusk03NewEntry.jpg

Doesn't look too intimidating.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

LAS VEGAS LOCOMOTIVES

What, no "Vegas" theme?? I cannot believe another Sin City team passed on "Kings", "Snake Eyes", or "Hangover".

Technically it is a Las Vegas theme all be it not one that most people think of when they think of Las Vegas. Las Vegas after all was established as a railroad town for former Montana Senator William A. Clark's San Pedro, Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad. So although Locomotives in itself is not a great name for the team, it does have a Las Vegas theme to it.

I get the history, but I still think it should be the Las Vegas Locos. You can keep the train imagery, but make it a crazy train.

As long as the logo depicts said crazy train literally goin off the rails.

Ozzy%20Osbourne646_MainPicture.jpg

The Prince of Darkness approves this epic win.

galaxy.png

A boar.

Tusk03NewEntry.jpg

Doesn't look too intimidating.

So it's not a gentleman's club? I see.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• 2 weeks later...
The Sentinels already unveiled their uniforms. Endorsed by Jon Favreau no less!

jonfavreau.jpg

Who could forget the Replacements?

By law and TNT's programming, it's next to impossible.

Las Vegas Locomotives has been confirmed as the team's name. Their logo and uniforms will be revealed tomorrow.

Sounds like a trainwreck to me.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived