Mighty Ducks

Frenchie

So we just watched the original Disney movie of the Mighty Ducks with the green uniforms, and it triggered a memory to me.

I seem to recall a picture of a press conference with Michael Eisner at a table with the Movie's DUCKS' jersey behind him (or a post conference photo with him wearing it).

Anyone knows if that was ever considered that the green, yellow & purple (Indigo?) shirt would be the NHL's team's uni?

Anyone ever saw that picture? or is my mind playing tricks on me (It all keeps adding up, I think I'm cracking up...)

It would have been in a Hockey News or an Annual Year Preview (not the official NHL, as I have those magazines at home)

Thanks,

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So we just watched the original Disney movie of the Mighty Ducks with the green uniforms, and it triggered a memory to me.

I seem to recall a picture of a press conference with Michael Eisner at a table with the Movie's DUCKS' jersey behind him (or a post conference photo with him wearing it).

Anyone knows if that was ever considered that the green, yellow & purple (Indigo?) shirt would be the NHL's team's uni?

Anyone ever saw that picture? or is my mind playing tricks on me (It all keeps adding up, I think I'm cracking up...)

It would have been in a Hockey News or an Annual Year Preview (not the official NHL, as I have those magazines at home)

Thanks,

Your memories are correct!!! Eisner was wearing the Mighty Ducks 1 jersey at the press conference. The green jersey with the yellow and purple trim. With the very, very caroon duck on it!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Think I have that Hockey News magazine with that one on the cover.. will have to dig that up somewhere and find it and see if that indeed is the one or not...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

MightyDucks_edge.png

Is this the jersey you're talking about? I did this about a year ago after I did a hanging piece for a school project and I still have my edge templates, so for the fun of it, I put the Mighty Duck jersey on the edge template.

Is the D-5 for the district they played in? That made the kid on the Hawks join their team?

Or is it a sign for a sequel! :D

Yep... that's the original... don't forget the fat kid from Philly who's still hoping to move back to Philly... (maybe his mom used to "sing" at the games...)

And cameo appearances from Basil McRae and Mike Modano... in MINNESOTA (where they belong)

@Frenchie_TO

Is the D-5 for the district they played in? That made the kid on the Hawks join their team?

Or is it a sign for a sequel! :D

Yep... that's the original... don't forget the fat kid from Philly who's still hoping to move back to Philly... (maybe his mom used to "sing" at the games...)

And cameo appearances from Basil McRae and Mike Modano... in MINNESOTA (where they belong)

The irony of this was Anaheim was one of the city that the North Stars was thinking of moving before deciding on Dallas.

Okay, I gotta say it. It was a dick move on Bombay's part to use a technicality to force Banks to switch teams mid-season.

Okay, I gotta say it. It was a dick move on Bombay's part to use a technicality to force Banks to switch teams mid-season.

Using the RULES to your benefit?

The Hawks should have forfeited the whole season with an illegal roster.

@Frenchie_TO

he was a defense attorney after all. But yeah, watching that movie later as an adult made me think the same thing.

PvO6ZWJ.png

What kind of intra-city pee-wee league has different arenas for every team? Arenas where the pee-wee team is the primary tennant at that?

And yes, it was a dick move on Bombay's part. But given the history he had with Riley, I say its (at least somewhat) justified.

Oddball, do you have the vector of that logo?

Any chance that logo will be put on the site? Under "miscellaneous logos" or "unused logos" or something?

I presume so. I never even thought about it. I just made it and didn't think anything of it. I just have no clue where to send it or what format they'd want it in, or heck what size.

What kind of intra-city pee-wee league has different arenas for every team? Arenas where the pee-wee team is the primary tennant at that?

It's Minnesota...I'd say it's pretty possible.

Most high schools and citieshave their own arenas here. That's where they shot them. So in that regard, every team (at each level) has their own (often municipal) arena. I used to be able to look at them and tell you which ones they shot at. That was 15 years and far too much living I'm afraid.

But besides a hockey team, the movie also spawned a neat initiative to build even more hockey rinks. http://www.leg.state.mn.us/LRL/Issues/Ducks.asp

FACT: Canada has secret aspirations to steal us.

FACT: The rest of the country wouldn't really notice.

ok those aren't facts, i'm just weird.

Archived