njmeadowlanders

What did you just notice for the first time?

1,853 posts in this topic

When you are using wifi on a plane, have the laptop automatically find a DNS server, as opposed to setting one. The service to attempt to charge you for the wifi won't let you get to its web page otherwise.

(may or may not be posting this from an airplane)

The beginning of the songs "Starstrukk" and "That's Not my Name" are the exact same.

The AllState Insurance spokesman now has a beard.

Carl Edwards was wearing a #16 citi financial hat in victory lane yesterday in Montreal (he drove the #60 car)

Whenever Outside The Lines on ESPN does a story about an athlete who went to prison they use music from the Shawshank Redemption.

If they're gonna use the music and talk about "rehabilitation" and what not, they should also have to use Red's parole hearing speech. :P

If they're gonna use the music and talk about "rehabilitation" and what not, they should also have to use Red's parole hearing speech. :P

Rehabilitated? Well, now let me see. You know, I don't have any idea what that means...

At certain angles, Brad Childress looks just like my dad.

At certain angles, Brad Childress looks just like my dad.

He also looks like Tony Kornheiser. :P

Very off topic, but I got in trouble for singing the chorus of the song in Jigga's personal statement thing at school. Said it to my very cool teacher who's like a friend, another teacher heard, got 2 weeks detention.

Very off topic, but I got in trouble for singing the chorus of the song in Jigga's personal statement thing at school. Said it to my very cool teacher who's like a friend, another teacher heard, got 2 weeks detention.

Don't blame this on Jigga :P

I don't handle cash/change very often.

I went to a place for lunch that only accepts cash, and of course, got some coins in my change. I saw a strange shape on the back of this penny I got, instead of the usual Lincoln Memorial picture that's on the back. At first glance, it looked like some dude (Honest Abe, I assume) taking a crap while reading a newspaper.

I never knew they changed up the design on the back of the pennies this year. Shows you how often I venture into the non-sports designs section of this board....

I don't handle cash/change very often.

I went to a place for lunch that only accepts cash, and of course, got some coins in my change. I saw a strange shape on the back of this penny I got, instead of the usual Lincoln Memorial picture that's on the back. At first glance, it looked like some dude (Honest Abe, I assume) taking a crap while reading a newspaper.

I never knew they changed up the design on the back of the pennies this year. Shows you how often I venture into the non-sports designs section of this board....

I believe it's just for 2009 only:

http://usmint.gov/mint_programs/lincolnRedesign/

Then after 2009 it'll feature a complete overhaul, sort of like the nickels and quarters...I guess dimes will follow soon as well.

RIPmetrodome/Ilovemybrotheralex/whoeverelsehewas has returned...again.

How are you so sure? You seem awfully quick to accuse everyone.

I don't think so. You're jumping without any evidence.

I've had this thought for a long time, but...

The 4 major sports can have a game on the same day.

November 1st.