njmeadowlanders

What did you just notice for the first time?

1,853 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

IMG_1413.JPG

This has been my go-to watch face for the Apple Watch since I got it for Christmas. I like the minimalism of it. The digit changes number and location depending on the hour. Today I realized that with the digit the hour hand is completely superfluous and now it bothers me. 

Felt unbalanced to me the second I looked at it. I would rather have the hour and minute digits both in the background behind the hands.

Christian Bale's two iconic roles:

Bateman-

american-psycho.png.24c4e18e87cf05ee1b4ca2686aea4a3a.png

and Batman-

batman.jpg.51800a09e1cb3859402bdc81f63a435a.jpg

Just found out from my grandmother today that my great-grandfather (her dad) fought and was wounded during the Battle of Vimy Ridge. Very cool!

1 person likes this

PF1.jpg

PF2.jpg

Seems like they are judging "Ricky".

We just signed up for Planet Fitness last month (Very good deal for the price), and the whole "No Grunting" policy strikes me as pretty strange. The place is covered with ads for their "No judgement" slogan, but they definitely use a huge double standard when it comes to people who wanna get a serious workout. I kinda get it, I mean I don't wanna have to hear Billy the Bodybuilder scream with every set in between talking about protein and gains. Nobody likes that dude. But at the same time I don't want him to be shamed out of his membership for being a bit of a meathead. I dunno, maybe playing softball with a bunch of CrossFit bros has softened me a bit, but they're really not that bad. Just put on your headphones, run on the treadmill, and mind your own business. You don't need a church-like atmosphere to sweat. Also, if I was ever working out and that stupid alarm went off, I'd probably cancel my member ship right then and there. 

I almost did Planet Fitness, but I didn't like how you had to hand over your bank account number and notify them in writing if you wanted to cancel. The $10/month tempts me every once in a while, though.

17 hours ago, Cosmic said:

I almost did Planet Fitness, but I didn't like how you had to hand over your bank account number and notify them in writing if you wanted to cancel. The $10/month tempts me every once in a while, though.

I have a Planet membership (In addition to my normal gym) because its only $10 and literally a half mile away from my girlfriends house and I can lift there before work the nights I stay over. 

I was a member for a little over a year because there was one by my office. The cost was good, but it was just a little too bare bones for me such as the most basic of lockerooms and not that many machines. Their judgment free zone stuff is good marketing, and I appreciated them saying "don't be a dick to people who aren't in as good of shape as you", but it also led to a lot of people in my way who didn't know what they were doing, and there were still "lunks" walking around. 

My normal gym is closer to my house so it's more convenient. Cost is higher, but I use it more, they have more machines, better free weights, and it has basketball courts for when I wanna school fools*

*shoot baskets by myself. 

1 person likes this

Planet is OK. 

But...

No benching?

No Squatting or Deadlifts?

Dumbbells only go to 60 lbs?

No long bars to add weights to for curling?

Planet is OK for me as a way to sneak in a workout when I would have otherwise missed, it couldn't be my main gym. 

This isn't a notice so much as trivia...

Leone originally wanted Charles Bronson to star as his man with no name; he declined & the role went to Clint Eastwood.

Eastwood in turn was offered the role of Harmonica for Once Upon a Time in the West; he declined & Bronson accepted.

Oddly, I think the way it turned out was perfect - Harmonica is a great quiet shadowy character, Blondie is a bit more steely & brave to face anyone in broad daylight.

The Infiniti logo is a road.

DB8F6765-4799-4DB7-BA94-B10F5180676F-1452-000002A785B08774.thumb.jpeg.c4c238579884873b6bd69f9d6e1382dc.jpeg

It also isn't spelled "Infinity," with a "y."

3 people like this