2009/10 NHL Redesign

Brass

Three years ago before the start of the season, I released my 2006/07 30 Days, 30 NHL Teams Redesign Project.

Well, after nearly three months of work, my NHL Redesign for the 2009/10 season is finally finished! The main difference between my last redesign and this one is the introduction of the EDGE Uniform System. I decided to "get with the times" and adopt the style. However, even though I'm using these types of jerseys, my style still remains conservative and in many cases, tied with the past. I worked really hard on this project. Usually spending a couple days per team and taking suggestions and tips from critics of my last redesign. However, if you're expecting exciting new logos, sadly, this isn't the redesign that you want. I basically tried to stick with logos and colours that teams already used. I also decided to dump the socks and pants and just focus on the jerseys.

Last time around, I released teams based on alphabetical order. This time, I came up with a list and will release the teams in a random order. This way, it will kind of be a surprise on which team I'll introduce. Like last time, as well, I'll introduce one team per day. If for some reason I miss a day, two teams will be introduced the next day to make up for it. Let me remind you, that every team is already created, so there will be no long waiting! So, here we go!

All of the teams will be added to this list to keep track of the teams already revealed:

Eastern Conference

Northeast Division

Boston | Buffalo | Montreal | OTT - Home, Road, Third | TOR - Home, Road, Third

Atlantic Division

New Jersey | NY Islanders | NY Rangers | Philadelphia | PIT - Home, Road, Third

Southeast Division

Atlanta | Carolina | FLA - Home, Road, Third | Tampa Bay | WSH - Home, Road, Third

Western Conference

Central Division

CHI - Home, Road, Third

| Columbus | DET - Home, Road, Third | NSH - Home, Road, Third | STL - Home, Road, Third

Northwest Division

Calgary | Colorado | EDM - Home, Road, Third | MIN - Home, Road, Third | VAN - Home, Road, Third

Pacific Division

Anaheim | DAL - Home, Road, Third | LAK - Home, Road, Third | Phoenix | San Jose

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first team I'm going to be covering are the Nashville Predators. Here is the 2006/07 version.

It was pretty unanimous that the silver alternate jersey I made wasn't a fan favorite, so I decided to scrap the idea. The biggest change in the set might be the logo. I decided to simplify it and lower the number of colours in the logo. Gone are the teal and orange (sans the eye of the predator). Speaking of the crest logo, I decided to go with the logo that didn't have the triangle and "Nashville" above it, just for consistency's sake. I also substituted the skull logo on the shoulder for the Nashville logo. As a reminder, here is what Nashville currently uses.

Overall, I actually like the current set of home and away uniforms used by the Preds in real life, so I decided to stick with them, with just slight modifications made. The most notable change might be the deletion of the white "sleeves" that extended from the cuff to halfway up the arm on the blue jersey. I also added an extra trim from the collar down the arm as well.

The alternate might be the most interesting piece of the Predators collection. I was initially stumped as to what to include for the alternate, and then stumbled upon the story of the Nashville Dixie Flyers, a team that played in the Eastern Hockey League from 1962-1971. I decided to do some research and was able to dig up some old pictures via a search of their uniforms. I really liked their classic, yellow look so I decided to use it as inspiration for Nashville's third. Here is the picture that inspired the third:

PiloteFloNashville.jpg

I decided to use the "Predators" text in the middle of the uniform and keep the Nashville logo as the shoulder patch. Also, not sure if you can see it, but in between the white and blue lines are slight silver trims. So, without further ado, here are the Nashville Predators.

Nashville Home

NashvilleHome.png

Nashville Road

NashvilleRoad.png

Nashville Third

NashvilleThird.png

As always, suggestions, comments, questions, whatever are welcomed!

what the hell is ccslc?

Early to rise, early to post a new concept for my NHL Redesign! Today, we will be examining the Edmonton Oilers. Here is the 2006/07 version.

This package was pretty easy to make, because quite frankly, I knew what I wanted. The Oilers are a team that are proud of their success in the 1980s, as well they should be. However, I wanted to step away from the straight up orange and blue motif that I used in 2006/07 for them, as well as what they use as their current alternate. I've always loved this jersey, which they used for just one season - in 1996/97. In my opinion, it's a great nod to the past, but still represents a new generation with the colour change. I decided to adopt this style and add some minor changes. The most obvious might be the inclusion of the copper shoulder yokes on the dark jersey, which didn't appear on their blue jersey back in '96. I did this, mainly for consistency's sake. I also decided to add more copper and a thin red line with it at the cuff of the blue, home jersey. Without it, the jersey looked a tad bare, so I figured that could help bring more colour and life to the uniform. I also brought back the Oilman logo on the shoulder, which I believe Edmonton has throw out. As a reminder, here is what Edmonton currently uses.

The alternate jersey might have been the easiest part of this package. I've always been a fan of their 2001-07 alternate jersey, so I decided to include that just with a couple modifications. The first was changing the collar from a tie-down, to a regular one. I also added the Oilers main crest logo on the front, just to tie this jersey in with the home and away duds. As a reminder, here is what Edmonton currently uses as their alternate.

With that aside, let me introduce the Edmonton Oilers!

Home

EdmontonHome.png

Away

EdmontonRoad.png

Third

EdmontonThird.png

As always, suggestions, comments, questions, whatever are welcomed!

what the hell is ccslc?

Bump. This is quickly falling to the second page. Any comments, suggestions, questions, whatever on my first two concepts?

what the hell is ccslc?

I find it interesting that we have some of the same or similar ideas about how NHL teams should look. With that said, I like what you have done so far. I have no complaints. The Oilers home and road look good, but it is a little too much striping for my liking. I would have done...well...this, but with your choice of logo. Great job so far, really looking forward to the rest!

Nashville Third

NashvilleThird.png

I've actually been meaning to do a very similar 3rd for Nashville lately, based on the same Dixie Flyers sweater. Very nice job, sir, with all 3 jerseys. Only gripes are with the crests used on the home and away. They look naked without any silver in them, and the logo on the away just gets lost on the jersey.

Attention, St. Louis Blues fans! Your team's time has come! Today, we will focus on the Blues! Here is the 2006/07 version.

When the St. Louis blues unveiled their most recent alternate uniform, I loved the style. Not so much the logo, but I just loved the style of the jersey. Just a nice colour and style that was very classy. Since I enjoyed that, I decided to go with that style as the base for the home and away threads. I decided to stay with one colour of blue to not complicated team, even though, yes, their team name IS the Blues. Anyway, gone are their current uniforms that have pointless piping and weird shoulder yokes. I also brought back the shoulder logo that adorned their mid-1990's uniforms. I just recoloured the logo, dropping the red, matching the yellow on the shoulder logo to the yellow on the home and away and including a lighter blue so that creating a third jersey wouldn't be as hard. As a reminder, here is what St. Louis currently uses.

Decided to work conservatively with the Blues alternate. I modeled the jersey after the original uniforms worn by St. Louis. I utilized the two blues and yellow that adorn the shoulder logo, onto the jersey itself. A pretty straightforward concept, as you can see. Like I said, as much as I love the Blues current third, I really dislike the logo. Too me, it just looks like a jumped mess with the text, the Arc, the logo, etc. As a reminder, here is what St. Louis currently uses as their alternate.

So, here you are...the St. Louis Blues!

Home

StLouisHome.png

Road

StLouisRoad.png

Third

StLouisThird.png

Thoughts?

what the hell is ccslc?

The Blues alternate looks too LA Kings with the nearly purple blue and the yellow.

Also, you have some link issues on your original post, just FYI

Link issues should be fixed.

what the hell is ccslc?

Well, another day means another team. Today, we're dealing with the Ottawa Senators. Here is the 2006/07 version.

I've always been a fan of the Sens original striping which can be seen here and here. What I decided to do was keep the striping and add gold and the little dashes (honestly, not sure what they're called) inside the thick, gold stripes, as I did in my 06/07 version. The only thing that's very different besides that, is that I extended the red all the way to the cuff on the black jersey. I also decided to switch from the old logo, to the newer, forward-looking Senator logo. Also added the Peace Tower logo as the shoulder patch. As a reminder, here is what Ottawa currently uses.

Since the barberpole style has some deep ties in Ottawa, I decided to go that route, but didn't want a fullout, striped-filled jersey. I decided to just go semi-barberpole and use the Sens current shoulder logo as the primary on that. To tone down the amount of red, I altered the logo slightly to include a white strip in the background of it, instead of a red one. It also reflects the pattern of the striping. As a reminder, here is what Ottawa currently uses as their alternate.

So, without further ado, let me introduce the Ottawa Senators!

Home

OttawaHome.png

Road

OttawaRoad.png

Third

OttawaThird.png

Keep the feedback coming, guys!

what the hell is ccslc?

Well, after a couple days on Long Island with limited internet access, I'm back and ready to unveil 3 teams to make up for the loss. The first team we'll be looking at are the Los Angeles Kings. Here is the 2006/07 version.

I've always thought that the Kings had all the tools to create some serious, kick-ass jerseys. I'm hoping I could capture just a little bit of that in this concept. I knew that I wanted to go with purple and gold, as a nod to the past, but I didn't want to completely make them vintage unis. I decided to give the colour a "worn" look by making the purple and gold a little more "cloudy" coloured. I decided to bridge a couple generations of Kings history by tweaking a past logo by adding their current King crown, which I think is the best they've had. As for the jersey style itself, I wanted a slightly more conservative style. As a reminder, here is what Los Angeles currently uses.

As for the alternate, I decided to just go with the Gretzky era uniforms, nothing more, nothing less. As a reminder, here is what Los Angeles currently uses as their alternate.

Anyway, here are the Los Angeles Kings.

Home

LosAngelesHome.png

Road

LosAngelesRoad.png

Third

LosAngelesThird.png

what the hell is ccslc?

To make up for Saturday, today we're going to look at the Dallas Stars. Here is the 2006/07 version.

Last time around, I basically ripped the North Stars jersey and slapped Dallas logos on them. Here, we're going to do the same, but we're not going to Minnesota - we're heading to the history of hockey in Iowa. I've always thought that the Iowa Stars sported some awesome duds and always wondered why the Stars didn't adopt a similar style. I decided to use that style as the basis for my uniforms. As well last time, I decided to go with the outline of Texas logo as the crest, but that wasn't well received so I went back to the traditional logo. Other than that, it's a pretty straight-forward concept. As a reminder, here is what Dallas currently uses.

As for the alternate, I decided to simply use what they currently as their home uniform. I think the uniform isn't strong enough to be an everyday home jersey, but does have enough to be a "once in a while" alternate jersey. As a reminder, here is what Dallas currently uses as their alternate.

So here we go! The Dallas Stars

Home

DallasHome.png

Road

DallasRoad.png

Third

DallasThird.png

what the hell is ccslc?

Now it's time to unveil Sunday's uniforms. For this, we're unveiling the Vancouver Canucks! Here is the 2006/07 version.

My biggest pet peeve with the current Vancouver uniforms is the fact that colours in the crest logo and lettering don't match the colours on the jersey. What's the sense in that? Also, it seems as if the whale logo is very controversial in Vancouver. Some hate it, some love it, but there's one logo that sure seems to be loved by not just those in Vancouver, but those all over - Johnny Canuck! I decided to stick with the blue and green currently used by Vancouver and due to the abundance of silver in the Johnny Canuck logo, decided to make that a secondary colour. I also used the Johnny head logo on the shoulders. This way, we're erasing the whale logo, and while we're using throwback colours, still ushering a new generation of Canucks history by using Johnny. As a reminder, here is what Vancouver currently uses.

As for the alternate, I decided to just swap colours and logos. Didn't go drastic, just went with the most logical choice. As a reminder, here is what Vancouver currently uses as their alternate.

So now....the Vancouver Canucks!

Home

VancouverHome.png

Road

VancouverRoad.png

Third

VancouverThird.png

what the hell is ccslc?

Thanks, jake22. Just trying my best. Hasn't been much buzz about my project, but happy to know that you're enjoying it!

what the hell is ccslc?

The St-Louis set is too dark. The yellow trims become practically non existent and I like seeing the Blues in a traditional royal blue. They are one team that really should not take the navy route.

For the Kings, it was hard for me to figure out the color of the trimming in the stripes. After a first quick look, I thought it was silver until I got a closer look. It's not even gold, it looks more like the sand color that the Coyotes currently use. I would of preferred something closer to yellow.

Still, a very fine series. I'm looking foward to seeing the designs of the rest of the league. Keep'em comming!!

Archived