Sign in to follow this  
ONUV

new UT practice jersey

raysox    1,212

I KNEW that adidas would do something like this. Though I love adidas, so I approve.

Sodboy13    2,548

Football, meet soccer. Head, meet desk.

tajmccall    216

Puke. I used to love the tasteful way Adidas did the stripes. Then they did two things that made me vomit.

• They changed their logo.
  • They started forcing teams onto their templates, instead of making templates for their teams.

Its that sort of processed, assembly line creativity that makes me want to spin kick most large apparel companies. I understand its slightly more affordable to design 15 different jerseys rather than 150, but there are creative ways you can do it. Thats why its called a 'creative' position.

A pox on them all, I say.

MJWalker45    984

As long as it's only the practice jersey I'm fine with it, but Adidas' latest template they shoved on Michigan, Arkansas and Mississippi State suck. But ultimately it's up to the school to say what adidas provides.

tajmccall    216
As long as it's only the practice jersey I'm fine with it, but Adidas' latest template they shoved on Michigan, Arkansas and Mississippi State suck. But ultimately it's up to the school to say what adidas provides.

Yes, but Adidas and most other companies provide very little in the way of choice. Which is my beef.

BRice16    60

Yes, but Adidas and most other companies provide very little in the way of choice. Which is my beef.

Only if the schools let them. They'll do any design, the school just has to demand it.

mavhusker    0

Guess I will have to watch for that this weekend when Nebraska starts practice. So far all we have heard about is the throwbacks they will be wearing on Sept. 26th.

Sodboy13    2,548

I understand branding, and I understand we're just talkin' 'bout practice, but these things really offend my aesthetic sensibilities. People can bitch about the swoosh all they want (Paul), but the three stripes have developed far more of a garish omnipresence. Watch any MLS or NBA game, and try to tell me I'm wrong. If adidas ever decides to drop the Reebok brand, I will truly weep for what will fall upon the NHL.

It amazes me to look at my NASL Chicago Sting jersey, with two stripes across the chest, and think that was an adidas design.

CAB    41

At least the 3-stripe obsession hasn't found it's way onto the NBA game jerseys...

...yet.

cappital92    46

I don't think it's horrible. It's on too many teams for my liking, but if only one or two schools wore it, I'd like it a lot more.

raysox    1,212
At least the 3-stripe obsession hasn't found it's way onto the NBA game jerseys...

...yet.

2009%20NBA%20All%20Star%20Game%202NsDVKON7KVl.jpg

I actually love the practice uniforms. Nothing wrong with them, IMO.