Strange Detroit Lions Jersey

buckeyes

On NFLShop.com they are selling a red Detroit Lions jersey. It's listed as Red QB Practice Jersey and is ofcourse #9 with Stafford on the back. The jersey itself is a dark red mesh. From the pictures that I've seen from Lions camp/practices this jersey and their practice jersey look nothing alike and the red jersey just looks so dumb. So why even bother selling it? I don't get it. :huh:

Pics

Real Practice Jerseys: slideshow_1059380_215421_Lions_Stafford_Footb.jpg

Red QB Practice Jersey: p6330975dt.jpg

newsig.jpg

-The Few, The Proud, The Paint Users.-

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ that's all. See, if we take the replica Lions jersey, it's so worth the $80 or whatever (j/k) instead of getting you the actual bland jersey.

It's the NFL's version of the fashion color baseball hat.

KISSwall09.jpg

They are selling red Cutler jerseys on nfl.com too. Besides the fact that the jerseys include a sleeve logo (which isn't present on the Bears practice uniforms), the Bears quarterbacks don't even wear red. But I guess there is a market for people that want a quarterback jersey that is not orange and has sleeve logos that aren't present on the real jersey.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

These red QB practice jerseys have been out for at least a couple years now. It's the NFL just cashing in on those fans who have to own every-single-thing about their favorite player ot team.

6uXNWAo.png

That packer one makes me miss the old Cardinals jersey.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

They're doing that for Aaron Rodgers on the Packers, as well.

Not only do the Packers quarterbacks not wear sleeve logos, the cut of the jersey is all wrong.

The name and number should give away on which team the player plays. The logo is unnecessary. All to make a buck.

Here's what I don't get: they make very few Saints throwbacks, presumably because there's not much of a market for them. But there's enough of a market for this crap? Who in their right mind would buy these goofy practice jerseys?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I am surprised that they are selling these...but I was under the impression that the Quarterbacks always were these in Practice so that they do not get HIT during hitting drills or workouts...

The Eagles have been doing this for years....McNabb, Kolb, and Feeley always wear these RED jerseysduring practice.

These red QB practice jerseys have been out for at least a couple years now. It's the NFL just cashing in on those fans who have to own every-single-thing about their favorite player ot team.

Yeah, I did see them at least two years ago.

applogosig15.pngapplogosig13.pngapplogosig14.png

The first non-banned member of ther CCSLC to post in The Ugliest Bathroom.

I am surprised that they are selling these...but I was under the impression that the Quarterbacks always were these in Practice so that they do not get HIT during hitting drills or workouts...

The Eagles have been doing this for years....McNabb, Kolb, and Feeley always wear these RED jerseysduring practice.

They do but the real practice jerseys don't have sleeve logos or the team font. And some teams like the broncos and bears let their qbs wear orange, it serves the same pourpose becaus if everyone is wearing either blue or white then orange means don't hit.

With all this in mind, I was heading back to work from lunch when a radio commercial came on talking about how you can now get a great close shave while showing your team spirit. Yes, Gillette Fusion razors with Falcons logos are now available at Wal-Mart. Went to their website and yes, apparently NFL fans everywhere can shave with their favorite teams too:

1113000200983_215X215.jpg1113000200985_215X215.jpg1113000200992_215X215.jpg

Good grief.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

With all this in mind, I was heading back to work from lunch when a radio commercial came on talking about how you can now get a great close shave while showing your team spirit. Yes, Gillette Fusion razors with Falcons logos are now available at Wal-Mart. Went to their website and yes, apparently NFL fans everywhere can shave with their favorite teams too:

Good grief.

In all honesty if it was only a buck or so more than the regular ones I'd probably do it...

Good grief.

In all honesty if it was only a buck or so more than the regular ones I'd probably do it...

The only use I'd potentially have for an NFL logo in my bathroom is a Patriots logo at the bottom of my toilet.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived