Embroidered Imaging - Requests?

Patchez

o ok, well this is a screenshot of the program that I have....

th_screenie-1.png

so whatever it is, it seems like it has the capability to do some kind of stitching logo work. like i said before, any aid to making this possible would be greatly appreciated.

also, the program came with a "DRAWings Editor x3" if that is something involved in the process.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
o ok, well this is a screenshot of the program that I have....

so whatever it is, it seems like it has the capability to do some kind of stitching logo work. like i said before, any aid to making this possible would be greatly appreciated.

also, the program came with a "DRAWings Editor x3" if that is something involved in the process.

That output does not look familiar to me. Looks more like needlepoint! Was your logo a bitmapped or vector file?

The way I do it is to create the logo in Illustrator, making sure design elements of the same color, but different shape or "cut apart" from each other save it as an "Illustrator 3" file (.ai).

Then open that file in Corel Draw (forgot what version I have, it's on my XP side of my MacBook Pro and I am typing from the Mac side right now!) and from within Corel Draw, simply save it as a Corel Exchange file (.cmx).

Then within DraWings, open that .cmx, select the target material to be sew on (I always select a heavier material), verify/edit color threads and then it's time to select stitch type & angles.

Since I am not actually creating a file for real world embroidery, I save the "preview" image as a .png (without including the background material).

This file opened in Photoshop will have a clear background so you may see through parts of the stitching. To solve this, I duplicate the layer, apply a blur on the bottom layer which fills the gaps with appropriate colors. Then in the upper, non blurred layer, using the magic wand tool (Contiguous), I select the clear background, then addressing the lower blurred level, delete any blur spilling over the trim of the design. Flatten the two layers and if you are as anal as me, use the clone tool to "clean up a bit"

Now having stated the above... I never read the instructions, so if you are willing to read this, you might be better off learning from the pros instead!

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

awesome...thats a great help. i'll give that a try. also, i dont know if im missing it in the interface or not, but how exactly do you "select stitch type and angles"? sorry if im being pestering about this, but it's too cool of a technique to pass up :)

edit: my input for that screenshot above was a .png...i couldnt get an .eps or .ai to load. i guess now i know to import a .cmx

sry for the double...but here's my first go at this:

SSFC.png

im fairly happy with it, i cant figure out whats wrong with the O (i made it a "satin" layer, but it still looks flat)...i think ive i figured out the stitch type and angles. does it look like i went about it correctly? does everything make sense? thanks again for the guidance Patchez!

sry for the double...but here's my first go at this:

SSFC.png

im fairly happy with it, i cant figure out whats wrong with the O (i made it a "satin" layer, but it still looks flat)...i think ive i figured out the stitch type and angles. does it look like i went about it correctly? does everything make sense? thanks again for the guidance Patchez!

Looks great for your first go around! Are you using the same full software Patchez has, or is it the trial version?

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Awesome! Great choice to start with as well.

I have noticed that it a path shape is NOT closed, is will not process correctly. So check the O's in your vector program.

I don't see enough highlights in the image, perhaps because your output is from Windows and I am viewing on a Mac. No big deal, but better contrast adds to depth and realism. Perhaps on the darker blue, lighten it up slightly in the vector program before processing.

thanks for the words of wisdom there. i'll slowly get better with this. here's some more stuff:

my OKC Thunder alternate logo:

thunderball-final.png

a wallpaper idea i had for my boy CP3:

th_CP3uni.jpg

better with these?

Awesome! Great choice to start with as well.

I have noticed that it a path shape is NOT closed, is will not process correctly. So check the O's in your vector program.

I don't see enough highlights in the image, perhaps because your output is from Windows and I am viewing on a Mac. No big deal, but better contrast adds to depth and realism. Perhaps on the darker blue, lighten it up slightly in the vector program before processing.

thanks for the words of wisdom there. i'll slowly get better with this. here's some more stuff:

my OKC Thunder alternate logo:

thunderball-final.png

a wallpaper idea i had for my boy CP3:

th_CP3uni.jpg

better with these?

Conrad that Thunder logo looks awesome!

I like the plain logo in your thread a great deal but seeing it like that really brings it to life. I dunno if you added the jersey material in the background after in photoshop (or something similar) or if it's part of the embroidery software, but right now the patch looks like it's sitting on top rather than stitched into the material. If you were to give the logo a very small pillow emboss it would help bed it into the material and make it look complete.

But awesome job on the patch though it looks terrific.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

good call on putting all the same color materials in the same direction patchez...also good point about the pillow emboss technique steve. therefore, i did both of those to this refinement of the CP3 wallpaper:

th_CP3uni2.jpg

i also extracted a couple of the material textures from DRAWings so i could use them as patterns in PS. now the uniform texture is a more accurate material than large-hole mesh. i suppose i could do this kind of technique for any uniform (namely nba cuz i have vectors already), but i dont wanna step on patchez with the requesting thing. it's your call patchez, u want me to start a new thread or somethin? thats if ppl would want something from me, being the noob in this technique :P

good call on putting all the same color materials in the same direction patchez...also good point about the pillow emboss technique steve. therefore, i did both of those to this refinement of the CP3 wallpaper:

th_CP3uni2.jpg

i also extracted a couple of the material textures from DRAWings so i could use them as patterns in PS. now the uniform texture is a more accurate material than large-hole mesh. i suppose i could do this kind of technique for any uniform (namely nba cuz i have vectors already), but i dont wanna step on patchez with the requesting thing. it's your call patchez, u want me to start a new thread or somethin? thats if ppl would want something from me, being the noob in this technique tongue.gif

Go for it Conrad, but could we keep it in this thread... I could rename it if needed.

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

I did this right after I created the logo. The plug-in I use isn't as realistic as the real thing, but it works pretty well. The only problem I have with it is the plug in doesn't allow me to alter how it's stitched.

MY50PATCH.png

I'd like to make a request please.

Can someone make an embroided version of the New Orleans Saints shield logo? That would be kic kass! \m/

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I did this right after I created the logo. The plug-in I use isn't as realistic as the real thing, but it works pretty well. The only problem I have with it is the plug in doesn't allow me to alter how it's stitched.

MY50PATCH.png

Logoman what plugin was it you used to produce that it looks really good? I'm really loving this thread and got a few new ideas for ways to fake this up in photoshop but before I try them out if there are plugins people have already found I'd love to know what they are. Thanks.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Archived