Milwaukee Brewers "BC" Cap

illwauk

I'm not expecting this to go over too well based on the comments in the Blazers Rip City thread, but I still want get some C&C... especially from other Brewers fans.

What drove me to make this was my preference for hats with interlocking letters. I figured that if the Twins can get away with "TC" then the Brewers should be able to get away with "BC." It could stand for "Brew City" (in this case, I think using a city nickname is justified in that it obviously ties into the teams nickname) or it could be more symbolic as in uniting the teams english-speaking fans (who call them the Brewers) and spanish-speaking fans (if they weren't calling them the Cerveceros before... they are now). Kind of like the Canadiens "CH" (I know the H might not stand for Habs, but that's how a lot of people interpret it).

brewers_brew_city.png

BC could also stand for the 'Brew Crew'.

Looks nice, but I'm not sure the C has enough weight behind it logically for the idea to work.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The TC works because you cannot use an M for Minneapolis (although you can for Minnesota) and you can't use an StP for St. Paul. And since neither city can claim superiority, the TC describes both at the same time. The Brewers are from a single city, so an MB would probably be a better choice for interlocking letterforms. It wouldn't make a bad fashion cap though.

Actually Milwaukee is the Cream City, not the Brew City.

Milwaukee is both... :P

ilwauk- I like it in concept...especially because of all the reasons "BC" works which have been mentioned. I'd buy one in an instant but I'm not sure if I'd like to see it on the field.

brewerssig.jpg

I love it as a concept, but on the field it might confuse the casual fans, much like I'm sure the TC did at first. It makes sense to me in many different ways, (Brew Crew, Brew City, Brewers/Cerveceros, Baseball Club..thats all I can come up with). It might not work on field but as a concept it is great and I want one, though I would hate to support MLB.

Looks great as a "fan" cap, maybe to go along with a local marketing campaign, but not as an official on-field part of the uniform, for most of the same reasons I have against the "rip city" thing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

ilwauk- I like it in concept...especially because of all the reasons "BC" works which have been mentioned. I'd buy one in an instant but I'm not sure if I'd like to see it on the field.

Actually, it's that it could stand for so many things, that I don't like it. In fact, my guess was going to be that it stood for "Beer City". The fact that some people know Milwaukee as the Cream City AND the Brew City, and others know it as neither doesn't help, either. It's obviously a beer Mecca, but not with any widely enough known, singular nickname. The Twin Cities can get away with such a thing, because the phrase is known pretty much continent-wide. Very few city nicknames beyond that wouldn't be a tremendous stretch.

Actually, it's that it could stand for so many things, that I don't like it. In fact, my guess was going to be that it stood for "Beer City". The fact that some people know Milwaukee as the Cream City AND the Brew City, and others know it as neither doesn't help, either. It's obviously a beer Mecca, but not with any widely enough known, singular nickname. The Twin Cities can get away with such a thing, because the phrase is known pretty much continent-wide. Very few city nicknames beyond that wouldn't be a tremendous stretch.

IIRC, Milwaukee has a handful of "official" nicknames (City of Festivals is another) and that's not even including the more casual names like "Mil Town," "The Brew" or "The Kee." I was always under the impression that Brew City was the only official one that had any currency outside of the region. In fact I was almost shocked that someone actually considered Cream City to be "greater" than Brew City.

Archived