Los Angeles Stars

fkaKrock5cent

Hello all!

I decided to enter in the first Drawl Brawl Challenge with the Los Angeles Stars. I liked the way some of the logos came out (as well as the uniforms) but I defently didn't do as well as I wanted to (0 votes in the first tier). Without further ado, here's the design!

DRAW_BRAWL_2009_vector_template.png

C and C would be great!

The spotlight in the star idea is pretty good, but I could see how some might mistake it for an X. Use the NBA Dallas ASG logo as inspiration, and see if you can make the spotlights more distinct.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Nice concept, but the 'Los Angeles Stars' is the most-used bland and overused team name for LA.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

The spotlight in the star idea is pretty good, but I could see how some might mistake it for an X. Use the NBA Dallas ASG logo as inspiration, and see if you can make the spotlights more distinct.

That was my inspiration to begin with. Whats tough about that logo is spliting the spot light at the bottom two corners of the star (where the spotlight begins)

Any thoughts on the rest of the kit? Uniforms, Alternate logo? Was the 4 inside the L.A pushing it too far?

I think if you actually put the lights underneath the light beam, it would look better and it would be easier to tell what it was. As for the '4', I think it's a pretty good idea, but the way you tried to incorporate it kinda takes away from the actual 'LA' logo. Overall it's pretty solid but could be improved.

g4104.png

I think if you actually put the lights underneath the light beam, it would look better and it would be easier to tell what it was. As for the '4', I think it's a pretty good idea, but the way you tried to incorporate it kinda takes away from the actual 'LA' logo. Overall it's pretty solid but could be improved.

When you say put the lights underneath the light beam, are you referring to the split I mentioned earlier, which is supposed to look like the NBA All Star game logo?

Also, how does the 4 take away from the L.A logo?

Thanks for the comments!

When you say put the lights underneath the light beam, are you referring to the split I mentioned earlier, which is supposed to look like the NBA All Star game logo?

Thanks for the comments!

Well, the 'LA' logo looks akward leaning like that and the 'L' is too crammed into the 'A', if that makes any sense.

As for the spotlight, I did a quick mock-up of what I'm thinking.

01spotlight.png

g4104.png

Thanks for the comments!

Well, the 'LA' logo looks akward leaning like that and the 'L' is too crammed into the 'A', if that makes any sense.

As for the spotlight, I did a quick mock-up of what I'm thinking.

01spotlight.png

I thought about doing that, I'll give it a try!

And I think I see what you are talking about with the L and A

Thanks again!

Hello all!

I decided to enter in the first Drawl Brawl Challenge with the Los Angeles Stars. I liked the way some of the logos came out (as well as the uniforms) but I defently didn't do as well as I wanted to (0 votes in the first tier). Without further ado, here's the design!

DRAW_BRAWL_2009_vector_template.png

C and C would be great!

OK:

(1) I love the Star logo. The searchlights are very clever.

(2) Don't tell the NFL about the 4 in the LA logo.

(3) You're not concerned that the Stars' colors are very close to the Chargers' colors down I-5?

(4) Yellow/gold is a bad color for a jersey. (The Rams discovered that in the 1950s, I believe.)

(5) For much of the '60s and '70s, the Rams wore white at home. I'd consider doing that and making the blue jerseys their road/alt/whatever-they-wear-when-they-can't-wear-white jersey.

(6) The stripes on the jerseys are unnecessary and derivative.

(7) You could also flip the gold and white on the logo and the helmet (i.e. gold helmet, blue star with white "searchlights"). If you do that, then I'd go with gold pants over white (but keep the blue pants).

Packers-2.png

Hello all!

C and C would be great!

OK:

(3) You're not concerned that the Stars' colors are very close to the Chargers' colors down I-5?

(4) Yellow/gold is a bad color for a jersey. (The Rams discovered that in the 1950s, I believe.)

(5) For much of the '60s and '70s, the Rams wore white at home. I'd consider doing that and making the blue jerseys their road/alt/whatever-they-wear-when-they-can't-wear-white jersey.

(7) You could also flip the gold and white on the logo and the helmet (i.e. gold helmet, blue star with white "searchlights"). If you do that, then I'd go with gold pants over white (but keep the blue pants).

1- Thanks

2- Why, does the NFL not like references to it's past? Or has Brat Farve ruined that number entirely?

3- Not at all, too much history to make a radical change and their recent re-brand makes them look even less similar

4- Is there a fun back story to this or does it just look that bad?

5- Didn't know that, I like that idea

6- I kinda like them but if it comes to that I'll get rid of them (or tone them down, I'd rather not have a totally stripeless jersey)

7- When I think of spot lights I think of Gold, but I'll try the combo out

Thanks!

Hello all!

C and C would be great!

OK:

1- Thanks

2- Why, does the NFL not like references to it's past? Or has Brat Farve ruined that number entirely?

3- Not at all, too much history to make a radical change and their recent re-brand makes them look even less similar

6- I kinda like them but if it comes to that I'll get rid of them (or tone them down, I'd rather not have a totally stripeless jersey)

Thanks!

2- I think the NFL is a little sensitive to teams leaving (i.e. the Los Angeles-to-San Diego Chargers, Los Angeles-back-to-Oakland Raiders, Los Angeles-to-St. Louis Rams).

4- The latter.

norm-van-brocklin-nfl-single-game-passing-record.jpg

6- Seeing the star logo makes me think of doing something with the star on the shoulders similar to what the Rams had in L.A. (the Ram horns on the jersey), but if I could figure out what I had in mind, I'd draw it.

Packers-2.png

Hello all!

C and C would be great!

OK:

1- Thanks

Thanks!

2- I think the NFL is a little sensitive to teams leaving (i.e. the Los Angeles-to-San Diego Chargers, Los Angeles-back-to-Oakland Raiders, Los Angeles-to-St. Louis Rams).

4- The latter.

norm-van-brocklin-nfl-single-game-passing-record.jpg

6- Seeing the star logo makes me think of doing something with the star on the shoulders similar to what the Rams had in L.A. (the Ram horns on the jersey), but if I could figure out what I had in mind, I'd draw it.

6- Hummm... I can't think of what you have in mind other then putting a logo on the sleeves. Unlike the rams I don't see a way to something like this. Also, I still want this to be the Stars, not the Rams/Chargers part II.

Why would you want to highlight that LA has lost 3 other pro football teams? Now if the 4 stood for four titles or something that would be different. But reminding everyone that "Hey we had a chance 3 other times maybe this time we will stay!"

The name is boring, the font is uninspired and while I like what you are attempting to do with the logo, but I would bet that Jerry Jones in Dallas might not be to happy with another team with a HUGE star on the side of the helmet.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Why would you want to highlight that LA has lost 3 other pro football teams? Now if the 4 stood for four titles or something that would be different. But reminding everyone that "Hey we had a chance 3 other times maybe this time we will stay!"

The name is boring, the font is uninspired and while I like what you are attempting to do with the logo, but I would bet that Jerry Jones in Dallas might not be to happy with another team with a HUGE star on the side of the helmet.

Except that that is clearly not the same kind of star as the Cowboys have ... and even non-uniform obsessives could see that.

Packers-2.png

Archived