Sign in to follow this  
CAB

How did you discover this place?

In Chris's birthday thread, there was some posts by people discussing how they found out about the CCSLC. I thought it would be cool to see how we all got here. This may or may not have been done before, it it is... please graveyard.

For me, I was searching for a Falcons logo on google images and below the logo, I saw the link to sportslogos.net, and joined. It took me a while to discover the CCSLC (not sure how), but now that I've been here for a while, I really am becoming obsessed.

Discuss.

I did a google search. I think it was for "sports uniforms forums and discussion" or something like that. Before I found this place I just sat around and waited for the latest uniwatch column. It finally occurred to me to see if there were any other uniform geeks in the world besides myself and Paul Lukas. Who knew there were so many?

Before I got here I would bore my girlfriend to death every time a team changed something on their uniforms. Now I bore her to death with all that stuff as well as tales from other threads around here. I don't know that she thinks of it as an improvement on the situation.

I did a google search. I think it was for "sports uniforms forums and discussion" or something like that. Before I found this place I just sat around and waited for the latest uniwatch column. It finally occurred to me to see if there were any other uniform geeks in the world besides myself and Paul Lukas. Who knew there were so many?

Before I got here I would bore my girlfriend to death every time a team changed something on their uniforms. Now I bore her to death with all that stuff as well as tales from other threads around here. I don't know that she thinks of it as an improvement on the situation.

That's basically my story (including the bore my girlfriend part), except I learned about this place when given a shoutout in a Uniwatch column.

Before coming here, I used to read the multiple archives of Uniwatch spread out amongst ESPN, Slate and Village Voice.

I asked my sister to make me one of those needlepoint things of the Pirates logo. She Google image searched the logo, and it led to the main logo site. She told me to look around it for the Pirates logo I wanted. Being very into sports logos and all I fell in love (so to speak) with the site bookmarked it on my own computer. Then i discovered the forum, and the rest is history.

Used to be a reader of UniWatch when it was in the Village Voice, then discovered CWx's SSUR while searching for a new uniform leak (can't remember which one... Bills maybe?) Used to read all of the rumors there (which were pretty accurate - nailed the 2003 Eagles changes), then eventually started going through the links... one of which was for this place (in one of it's previous forms.)

Was looking for Atlanta Flames and Buffalo Sabres logos back in 1997 on my WebTV. Came across the earliest incarnation of Creamer's page. Been here ever since...

I was doing a project for a class, and I needed logos of all my favorite teams, so I googled, and found sportslogos.net. It took me a while to actually find the boards, but once I did I can truthfully say it changed my life. This place is awesome.

looking for uni mods for my win-PC Microsoft NFL Fever2000, back in '99.

or it could have been the old SLE forums... not sure which was 1st.

and on the old CCSLC (which may no longer exist for search), there was a very similar thread. good revisit.

I was looking for something to kill time while working at the radio station back in high school. I got into logos and stuff when the Oilers changed to the Titans and one day stumbled across the old SSUR forums. I posted for a few months before signing up here. I thought this place was too crowded with non sports stuff and didn't really expect to hang around. Its been four, maybe five years now and I can't stop posting!!!

I was always trying to make accounts to post comments on the logos. One day I just clicked on forums to see what the hub bub was about. That was like a year ago when the "your favorite concept" thread was up, and seeing you guys favorites really blew my mind.

I was googling such things as "sports uniforms" and ended up on SSUR, which, IIRC, linked here.

I was looking for spot color values for a t-shirt print project back in the day and came upon SSUR, perused the links sections and found the old SLE and CCSLC. Hooked.

I frequented the sportslogos.net site for years, finally realized there was a message board and decided to give it a try.

I was looking for spot color values for a t-shirt print project back in the day and came upon SSUR, perused the links sections and found the old SLE and CCSLC. Hooked.

IIRC, the SSUR also linked to the Fanhome boards, moderated by Tank and Uniwatch designer Scott Turner. I think I joined there even before joining here, but got really frustrated and just left because the quality of the posts on there was so poor. There were some good posters (some of which are on these boards too) but the average posts / topics read like they were written by four-year olds.

I was looking for information about the new Houston Aeros logo, when they thought they could get rid of the cartoon plane. Stumbled upon here, where my first post was about the upcoming change.

IIRC, the SSUR also linked to the Fanhome boards, moderated by Tank and Uniwatch designer Scott Turner. I think I joined there even before joining here, but got really frustrated and just left because the quality of the posts on there was so poor. There were some good posters (some of which are on these boards too) but the average posts / topics read like they were written by four-year olds.

That's right. I perused the Fanhome boards, but never posted. The level lack of intelligence there astounded me.

I think I stumbled into here via a Google search.. and was also looking for logos to somehow trace for my books and etc.. so far I am still here checking new logos and reading topics as well... but not posting a lot lately.....