Cleveland Browns logo

andrewharrington

You may or may not remember the original one I did. It was an update of the classic Brownie logo (the one that has him standing, hands on hips, with a football in one arm). This one is inspired by the rare and less often seen 'Running Brownie' image, which you can find buried somewhere around page 9 of a Google image search for 'Cleveland Brownie logo.'

logo.png

field.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

To be fair, neither a 1940s era illustration of the same character nor a stock helmet graphic say NFL logo at all, either, so it fits right in with the Browns' marketing strategy. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

As soon as I opened this thread I was like ?Wow, that?s amazing! The best and most unique Browns logo concept I?ve ever seen!?

You may want to make the arms a little thicker or shorter. Also, the face sort of reminds me of Dobby, the house elf from Harry Potter, but that?s not by any means bad.

hp2cs_253Dobby.jpg

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Nice work.... but looks kinda wussy. If you want to be called the "Fairies," this logo would be perfect. For the Browns, I'd suggest the Dawg.

But the team isn't the "Dawgs". It's the Browns. And Brownie the Elf is appropriate, whereas the "Dawgs" only refers to the fans, and not the team.

You wouldn't rename the Redskins the "Hogs" or "Hogettes", would you?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

This has huge potential.

Right now I really like it, but I think something's off. Maybe the proportions.

I think his visible hand looks way too big.

And I think a little bit of thickness to his upper arms would look much better.

Like mini-biceps. Right now his arm with the football is a little 'flimsy' looking.

[Maybe make the inner part of the eyes -- closest to the nose -- a little thinner, to make him even more mean looking.]

Fix those little flaws, and this could be amazing. Good job.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I'm not a big fan of the elf but it is what it is.....

I'd like to see something based off the helmet stripes. Like an orange background with the helmet stripes coming down from the top and then forming a "C" white with brown outline, then down at the bottom of the C, back into the stripes.

Don't know what shape that would be placed in.... Maybe a shield, football or stadium shape???

And it should not be put on any part of the uni or helmet. Just grass and shirts.

Just an idea. Sorta like this...

BrownsLogo.jpg

This has huge potential.

Like mini-biceps. Right now his arm with the football is a little 'flimsy' looking.

[Maybe make the inner part of the eyes -- closest to the nose -- a little thinner, to make him even more mean looking.]

I can respect that, but I think making those changes would start to bridge the gap between cartoony and humanesque. I want to keep that distinction very clear because I think this logo loses it's charm the more it becomes like a real person and less like a cartoon. The big hand, the skinny arms, large head, etc. are very important to the visual perception of the character. It's really a form of the Uncanny Valley Effect. Personally, I find a cartoony depiction of the character to be more desirable than a more human-like one. That's not to say it couldn't look good, because it could (anything can), but I'm of the opinion that it's not an appropriate or desirable direction to steer this project.

This has huge potential.

I can respect that, but I think making those changes would start to bridge the gap between cartoony and humanesque. I want to keep that distinction very clear because I think this logo loses it's charm the more it becomes like a real person and less like a cartoon. The big hand, the skinny arms, large head, etc. are very important to the visual perception of the character. It's really a form of the Uncanny Valley Effect. Personally, I find a cartoony depiction of the character to be more desirable than a more human-like one. That's not to say it couldn't look good, because it could (anything can), but I'm of the opinion that it's not an appropriate or desirable direction to steer this project.

I understand what you are saying, 100%

Thanks for explaining that, I think you're right.

Although I think right now the arm with the ball has no dimension, that's what the problem is, IMO.

Other than that, I think you've got what you're going for.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I've been here for a while and I'm gunna be honest I want to know what "IMO" means. thanks haha I feel dumb.

In My Opinion.

But I love this logo. The hand does seem a bit big, but it still is awesome.

If the Browns used a revised elf, the dog, and the B ball logo, I think they'd have one of the best sets in the NFL.

Any pics of the stiff arming elf logo?

His hand is bent backwards too far. Try extending your arm and raising your hand in the "Heisman" pose. Unless you are very flexible it is unlikely that you will be able to make a right angle between the back of your hand and your arm. I'm not sure if I'm conveying this well but it just looks unnatural for his hand to be bent like that at the wrist.

Again, that's part of it being a cartoon and not a humanoid. Most cartoons only have 3 fingers, for example. Realistic? No, but it's not meant to be. For what it's worth, though, I can bend my hand to that position with relative ease. Not the most comfortable position for my hand to be in, but since when is football supposed to be comfortable. :P

Archived