2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

Okay, so:

According to Uni Watch:

"I?ve seen all the new MLB designs for next season and can report that another team is going to have a powder blue alternate jersey, plus one team is adding a powder blue alt cap."

Friendly speculation on what changes you think we'll see? Who gets the powder blue alt jersey and powder blue cap? After their early May uniform survey, do the Mets have changes on the horizon? Twins redesign (we remember the altered wordmark from the new stadium)? What do you guys think?

My guess:

I could see the Brew Crew being the next in line for a trip down powder blue lane since the throwback Friday alts seem to have been ditched thanks to poor responses from the players (shows what they know!) and I could see the Royals being the team adding the powder blue cap to match the jersey. I kind of wish it could be the Rays, since their navy alt jersey is LAME and they should have gone powder blue for their alt in the first place.

I'm dying for a Mets redesign. I could see them stay the same across the board except exchanging the black alt for a new blue alt. And I think the Twinkies might ditch the pinstripes when they switch wordmarks.

Let the spectulation begin!

sig2024.png

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See now I was thinking that the powder blue alternate would be either the Cardinals or White Sox and that the powder blue caps would be the Rays. If they pull off the powder blue crown with navy blue visor, that would be very cool.

59Fifty-Game-Fitted-Alterna_300.jpg

The cap above was originally the alternate cap for the Charlotte Stone Crabs (Rays Single A affiliate), but from everything I have seen it looks like the team is wearing them a lot more often.

It's good to know New Era already has the material in-stock for powder blue, so seeing the Rays adopt of of their own would be great.

The White Sox had light blue in the past, but it makes zero sense in their current scheme. And the Cards seem to have decided to go the traditionalist route, and I just don't see them going with an alternate jersey anytime soon. The Rays just got that navy alt, so they probably wouldn't blow that out, so unless they are adding a 4th jersey to the set (which is possible), they're out too. The Brewers effectively killing the pinstripe throwbacks opens the door for the powders.

And the Rays' BP hats have powder blue bills, so it's not that much of a stretch to see them go with a powder alt cap.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I would like to see the White Sox do it, but I'd expect the addition of red to their current unis before going back to blue.

Brewers, Blue Jays or Rays would be my guess...unless the Phillies return to powder blue instead of the royal.

87Redskins.png

I would like to see the White Sox do it, but I'd expect the addition of red to their current unis before going back to blue.

Brewers, Blue Jays or Rays would be my guess...unless the Phillies return to powder blue instead of the royal.

There's nothing to return to - powder blue was never a Phillies color. It was simply the base of their road jersey (like many other teams), but never one of their colors - which is why I think it's silly that so much merchandise is out there made in powder blue. On the other hand, royal blue is actually one of their colors now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I hope the powder blue in question is the Rays. I have that Charlotte Stone Crabs cap, and it's an absolute thing of beauty. The Rays should already be wearing it, along with a powder alt instead of navy. It's be as distinctive in the AL East as the A's are in the West. The Phillies also should adopt powder blue, but that would only make sense in a larger shift back to maroon, which the Phillies are too evil ever to do.

I have two bits of somewhat informed speculation:

1. Many, possibly all, teams will have new fleece shirts in 2010; and

2. The Nationals will continue to have an uglier, less coordinated uniform set than even the Mets.

20082614447.png

I'm hoping for more orange (and blue, of course) for the Mets, but a powder blue button-up for the Cards would look pretty sweet, if pulled off right. It'd be cool to see the A's come up with a gold alternate hat, as well as see them drop their black alts. altogether.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I hope the powder blue in question is the Rays. I have that Charlotte Stone Crabs cap, and it's an absolute thing of beauty. The Rays should already be wearing it, along with a powder alt instead of navy. It's be as distinctive in the AL East as the A's are in the West. The Phillies also should adopt powder blue, but that would only make sense in a larger shift back to maroon, which the Phillies are too evil ever to do.

I have two bits of somewhat informed speculation:

1. Many, possibly all, teams will have new fleece shirts in 2010; and

2. The Nationals will continue to have an uglier, less coordinated uniform set than even the Mets.

Wait, you also know that they'll introduce another alternate uniform only to be worn on Saturdays or when facing the Blue Jays?

:upside:

Why do teams keep getting halfway with their powder blues??? :mad:

Royals, Rays, Brewers: Please get powder blue jerseys AND pants!!! (including city names, no less)

Matching powder blue jerseys with white pants is like matching gray jerseys with white pants... It just doesn't work...

-- $0.02 --

Royals, Rays, Brewers: Please get powder blue jerseys AND pants!!! (including city names, no less)

Matching powder blue jerseys with white pants is like matching gray jerseys with white pants... It just doesn't work...

-- $0.02 --

could potentially be the phillies, with a throwback away from the 80's. they have done that in the past, and its a hot item in Philly year after year.

No one has suggested the Padres yet?

They have that powder blue swirl in their logo, and could be a phase out of the sand colored roads that the players seemingly hate and play off the Chargers' love of powder blue...

-- $0.02 --

The problem is that neither the Brewers nor anyone else I'm aware of wore powder blues at home. That was their road uni, and what's the point of wearing road throwbacks at home? (Or, for that matter, on the road except for special occasions.)

Packers-2.png

-mets should drop the black jersey and adopt a blue one. should adopt a new blue hat with orange birm

-pirates should adopt 2 new hats, yellow crown black birm, and black crown yellow birm/ the shoudl also adopt a yellow jersey.

-a's should adopt a yellow jersey also and maybe a yellow crowned hat.

-yankees should get white and grey crown hats that go with corresponding navy home and road jerseys. they shoudl also get a "yankees script" uni.

-red sox should gt a navy hat with a red birm, and a red hat with navy birm. and bring back the old red alt with piping

-blue jays should bring BLUE back, What a crazy idea !?!? fix the bird logo on the hat.. remove the j from it and it wuld be nice.

-texas should put rangers back on thier home and at least one alt, preferablly the red

-marlins ...bring back the teal

-mariners should bring back the teal birm hat

-rays change the cript on the navy alt to powder blue and the birm of hat to powder blue

-braves make the script and numbers on the navy alt red.. im so tired of seeing the all navy

-dodgers should have a blue alt.

theres others but its taking to long

Mets, Jets, Islanders

I am guessing its the Rays, although I would prefer if it was a navy cap with a powder bill and the sun burst logo rather than the "TB." Thats a cap I would get! As for some of the other guesses in previous posts... The White Sox would be a HUGE downgrade. They are near perfect with the black and hint of silver. The Padres could be interesting, but I do love those sand unis and would hate to see them pushed even further to the background.

Archived