Where did YOU see comic sans today?

fkaKrock5cent

The title kinda explains what I'm trying to get at here. We all see comic sans and it bugs us to peaces. So, where did you see it today? Pictures are optional.

I saw it on a handout from class today and in another classes powerpoint slide.

btw, you MUST post in comic sans!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The title kinda explains what I'm trying to get at here. We all see comic sans and it bugs us to peaces. So, where did you see it today? Pictures are optional.

I saw Comic Sans right here today.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I saw Comic Sans right here today.

smart ass... :P

I am defying you, I can't bring myself to use comic sans.

But my US History teacher certainly can. As in, her power points. Exclusively comic sans. I may have to switch out of the class.

What's it with teachers and comic sans? I guess it's because it's seen as a "fun" font. (which I guess it is, it's just over used)

But my US History teacher certainly can. As in, her power points. Exclusively comic sans. I may have to switch out of the class.

What's it with teachers and comic sans? I guess it's because it's seen as a "fun" font. (which I guess it is, it's just over used)

It depends on what grade they teach. I have a friend who's an elementary school teacher and she uses Comic Sans because of the way the letters are written, especially the lowercase a. When teaching young kids to write, do they write a or a ?

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

It depends on what grade they teach. I have a friend who's an elementary school teacher and she uses Comic Sans because of the way the letters are written, especially the lowercase a. When teaching young kids to write, do they write a or a ?

You learn the one without the hat but it isn't really enforced. A lot of girls seem to switch as time goes on though. Anyway, I posted to say that grade doesn't matter, I still regularly see it and my friend in AP BC Calculus has it on his handouts too. Embarrassing.

Well today, it was used in my math class. My teacher used it all through out a power point presentation. But the more interesting part is that she gave an explanation. "It's easier on the eyes from the back of the room". Since I do sit in the back, it is easy on the eyes from a note-taking standpoint, but from a design standpoint, yikes.

LosAngelesLakers.pngLosAngelesDodgers.pngSanDiegoChargers.png

thanks to crkraider22

My data mining professor in grad school used comic sans for all of his slides, INCLUDING THE CODE! Nothing is worse than a non-fixed-width font for code examples... unless it's comic sans.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My data mining professor in grad school used comic sans for all of his slides, INCLUDING THE CODE! Nothing is worse than a non-fixed-width font for code examples... unless it's comic sans.

I will piggyback on BBTV. I had a former boss at a university who was a Vice Dean of Students and used to send MEMOs in comic sans. I left, and he is in his 30th year. Then again, he used to love to watch "Raymond" every Monday and take naps in on the message room tables. Total beating/embarrassment when i have to print it out and share it with the students. I printed it as written to mock, but to try to let them know the power of written word. Then the next year, Facebook hit campuses. Damn.

As a teacher myself I used to use comic sans quite a lot. It has that quirky 'see I am not so dull after all' look about it, but it does become a bit like the handout equivalent of the teachers novelty tie, and is to self consciously trying to be cool, rather than actually cool. Now I never use it.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived