Where did YOU see comic sans today?

fkaKrock5cent

My AP English Physics Psychology class notes.

So is this the true meaning of "college-level?" Comic Sans?

AP Conspiracy!

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the "wings" of a wooden airplane. Coincidentally, it was an airplane which you could buy and customize, out of a catalog given to me by the people at the campus printing resource center. We were there on a "field trip" with, also coincidentally, my graphic design class. My friend turns to me upon reading what was printed on the wings ("Drugs Don't Fly With Me") and added "And Neither Does Comic Sans."

It's also on a link from OU's homepage, upper left corner... ugh. I found this today when I was looking up something.

OhioBobcatsSquareSig.pngPittSquareSig2.pngOregonStateVintageSquareSig.pngve26tk.png

Images thanks to TornadoGTS

A house in the next street has a sign on its front door requesting that dog owners refrain from letting their animals defecate upon their doorstep (only in much less polite language) written in comic sans. It's quite amusing.

This wasn't today, but just yesterday the lady that works in a desk over at my office was asking her friend about what font she was going to use and mentioned how she likes comic sans.

I told her how disappointed I was in her for doing so. And I don't know that it'll help- but maybe, just maybe one of these days she'll stop and think before using it. If so, I feel I did my job that day.

That is awesome.

Is it true Kobayashi held the record in #3 until Joey Chestnut came to Spikes? /Nathans hotdog eating contest joke

You only get so often to reference that.

In all seriousness, the reigning champ is a skinny girl who is about 5'2". She was pregnant at the time and ate 14 dogs. She was no longer skinny after she won.

TDZiMMB.png

My eyes literally melt out of my head everytime I see Comic Sans.

Sitting down for a slideshow only to be greeted with Comic Sans is like finding El Dorado, only to realize the City of Gold is just a landfill of Ferrero Rocher wrappers.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Sitting down for a slideshow only to be greeted with Comic Sans is like finding El Dorado, only to realize the City of Gold is just a landfill of Ferrero Rocher wrappers.

This is now in my favorite quotations on Facebook. Congrats.

A kid in our graphic design class actually tried to defend using Comic Sans in one of his designs last week... needless to say, it didn't work.

OhioBobcatsSquareSig.pngPittSquareSig2.pngOregonStateVintageSquareSig.pngve26tk.png

Images thanks to TornadoGTS

This is now in my favorite quotations on Facebook. Congrats.

A kid in our graphic design class actually tried to defend using Comic Sans in one of his designs last week... needless to say, it didn't work.

Sweet! I'm honored :P:D

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I haven't seen Comic Sans anywhere today. Lucky me. :hockeysmiley:

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

• 2 weeks later...

Y'all act like you're too good for Comic Sans. Why don't you find a good way to use it instead of huffing and puffing about how much it sucks and how terrible the people who use it are. Challenge yourself to make it work instead of jumping on the lazy 'it sucks' bandwagon. It'll make you a better designer, and you'll never look at 'taboo' fonts the same way again (or any font, for that matter). There's a good way to use almost every font. You just have to figure out what that way is.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived