EPL Redesign

theflakeband

Home shirt design is fine, but the rest of the set is pretty weak and a step backwards in my opinion. With a few exceptions adidas has been pretty good at keeping Liverpool's designs away from the bad templates they use for other teams, so to use two such templates for the change kits really misses the mark. I'm really not a fan of the team in black, much better clash colours have been used in the past. The yellow and green kits have been my favourites, but also the white with black shorts. I don't mind the grey kit, but only once in a while, so since they used it last season a change would be nice.

As for the addition of the new sponsor, it just looks slapped on the front of the shirts with little thought. This may be how it turns out in real life (god forbid), but for a redesign concept I'd say you can afford a little more creative licence. The blue and green really don't fit Liverpool's look, I'd far rather see a completely white version. You've changed the colour of the text on the grey shirt to a colour which isn't part of the Standard Chartered scheme, which I think makes it look even worse, but if you are going to use the team's colours in the sponsor I don't see why you can't do the same with the home shirt.

Home shirt design is fine, but the rest of the set is pretty weak and a step backwards in my opinion. With a few exceptions adidas has been pretty good at keeping Liverpool's designs away from the bad templates they use for other teams, so to use two such templates for the change kits really misses the mark. I'm really not a fan of the team in black, much better clash colours have been used in the past. The yellow and green kits have been my favourites, but also the white with black shorts. I don't mind the grey kit, but only once in a while, so since they used it last season a change would be nice.

As for the addition of the new sponsor, it just looks slapped on the front of the shirts with little thought. This may be how it turns out in real life (god forbid), but for a redesign concept I'd say you can afford a little more creative licence. The blue and green really don't fit Liverpool's look, I'd far rather see a completely white version. You've changed the colour of the text on the grey shirt to a colour which isn't part of the Standard Chartered scheme, which I think makes it look even worse, but if you are going to use the team's colours in the sponsor I don't see why you can't do the same with the home shirt.

As a another Pool fan, I agree on the sponsor, but I love the gray kits, the 90 and 08 ones were the best looking Pool kits I own, and I thought about white, but decided to go with black because we're wearing white this year and the yellow ones are ugly. I look every LP kits and this is what i thought would look best. Give me a couple of days to work on your suggestions.

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.pnglucassig-1.pngAgger.jpg21l0u9i-1.png

My problem with a lot of the soccer designs on the board are that they appear basically recolors or existing designs. When put next to some of the great work on say hockey or football redesigns they tend to be a bit disappointing in that regard. And I am afraid these lack much in the way of originality.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

My problem with a lot of the soccer designs on the board are that they appear basically recolors or existing designs. When put next to some of the great work on say hockey or football redesigns they tend to be a bit disappointing in that regard. And I am afraid these lack much in the way of originality.

I couldn't agree more. The problem of course is that many teams have such traditional kits that not much can be done. You know, Liverpool plays its home games in all red and that's it. The other thing is that usually soccer shirts are quite simple and the shorts are of one color. So there isn't that many elements to play with. You don't have all kinds of stripes at the hem and all that. Then again, some teams do have stripes (Milan, Juve) and there isn't much you can do with those either.

Archived