Pittsburgh Penguins logo/jersey concept

mcrosby

I like this new update but I personally like what you did first with the adding the blue to the black and gold better. Maybe try putting that new alternate "P" logo on the home and away with the blue added and just use the blue throwback/winter classic jersey as the alternate. Overall, this is great work.

I'm glad somebody liked the addition of blue. I may try to work it back in (because I love the bright in the dull). Until then, I'd love some more C&C.

Here's an update. I removed the thin black strip at the cuffs of the sleeve, continued the gold portion on the back onto the front, and thickened the outlines on the alternate. Let me know what you think.

penguinsblackupdate2.png

I really like the logo on that alt. The black numbers would have to go white but I do like the update.

no they wouldn't, the outline could be a tad thicker, but this is better. alternate jerseys are just that ALTERNATE. they can afford to be out there. these look awsome

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

Let's put it this way... I always HATED the modern penguin logo! I'm glad Mario Lemieux brought back the skating penguin logo! How about making the same unis - but with THAT logo?

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

As much as the robo-penguin was hated, I think the dislike for the skating penguin is somewhat pronounced as well. I think it's a classic hockey logo, and I am sporting it on my chest at the moment, but I do not plan on including it in this concept, as it is a concept.

Would there be interest in an updated skating Penguin logo?

As much as the robo-penguin was hated, I think the dislike for the skating penguin is somewhat pronounced as well. I think it's a classic hockey logo, and I am sporting it on my chest at the moment, but I do not plan on including it in this concept, as it is a concept.

Would there be interest in an updated skating Penguin logo?

Good. Like to see the skating penguin as the primary logo, with Robo-penguin as secondary.

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

Both updated logos look nice, with a few small concerns. On the robo penguin, I'd either make that white part on the head yellow (as it is in nature) or leave it white. I wouldn't use the blue.

Also, I'm wondering about the white sections on the wings/flippers/arms. Is that an aesthetic decision that you thought looked better, or do penguins have white under there? I thought they were black, but I may be wrong.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

The underwings of penguins are mostly white, I had left it out before just because I wanted to maintain simplicity, but adding it really helps distinguish the the wing and is a bit less abstract. The blue highlights on the wing and cheek are an attempt to bring the blue into the logo, instead of just an outline. I should have some updates very soon.

Personally I love this concept. My favourite thing about this concept is the fact that you did this with Paint. You didn't make any, "Oh, I can't make it any better, I use Paint," excuses. You just did what you wanted to do in Paint. I think a lot of users could learn from you and bigmike (and any others I'm forgetting). Great job!

g4104.png

Archived