Mighty Morphin Power Rangers get a revamped logo

Chawls

A glimpse of the revamped logo can seen at this link.

(CYPRESS, CA ? October 1, 2009) ? Go! Go! Get your Power Morphers ? it?s Morphin? time! Bandai America will bring the best-selling Power Rangers toy line back to its intergalactic, prehistoric roots with the ?five teenagers with attitude? that started it all in a new collection of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers toys. The inaugural and most recognizable of 15 Power Rangers themes, this powered up Mighty Morphin line will feature both fresh and nostalgic play and collection experiences. Including action figures, vehicles, Megazords and role-play items aligned with the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers TV series premiering Saturday mornings January, 2010 on ABC Kids; the highly anticipated toys will begin to arrive at retail by the end of this year.

You can read more about it at Bandai America's official blog here.

Thoughts? Opinions? Gripes? Personally, I'm looking forward to reliving a part of my childhood ^_^

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I recall these were badass toys, and MMPR was a ton of fun as a kid until it got out of hand with the Turbo and all that junk. But until the 1st movie came out and the series sunk downhill, I was a big fan of both the show and the sweet toys.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It's Morphin Time! haha, just a few weeks ago, I had a childhood kick and watched videos of MMPR on Youtube for hours, remembering my childhood, I think they've done the logo justice, the previous logo is basically the same style, just in an older dated look...

I believe it's a good upgrade, but it could have been better. The longer tail of the P makes the whole logo seem unbalanced, and capitalizing the R in Rangers leaves an unbalanced space for "Mighty Morphin" as well, a few tweaks and you've got a solid winner...

Black guy as the Black Rangers? Asian girl as the Yellow Ranger? It wasn't until I was older that I spotted the subtle racism in the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.

Nonetheless, loved the original toys and the first series, and didn't even mind the first movie that much. Megazord was the absolute most bad-ass toy you could have as a 4-year old, too.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I think this is awesome. I loved watching the original Power Rangers when I was younger. It's also nice to see that the "refreshed" toys don't have the power coin symbol on their chests. It always bugged me that they didn't in the show, why did they on the toys and in the movie?

I think it looks great. I only watched the first show for a couple of seasons because I fell into that age group that wasn't quite too old for the show but I was reaching the age where I was getting interested in other things. I still enjoyed it while I watched it though. I love the updated logo.

I remember when the show was so popular that when it was moved to 5 PM, it was just killing the local 5 PM newscasts in the ratings.

And the Green Ranger was the best. He could kick all the rest of Rangers' asses but gave up being a villain so he could get some Pink Ranger tail. Hell, his ride was already the same size all the rest of team's zords combined.

DragonZord.jpg

"King Kong ain't got nuthin' on me!"

I loved this show when I was little... and while I haven't been into Power Rangers for a good few years (I grew out of it while Lost Galaxy was airing over here), this news makes the little kid inside me all excited and jumping around and stuff.

Actually, it's funny that this is being announced now: just the other day I was thinking that they should do something like this for the series 20th Anniversary in 2013.

Edit: As for the logo, I'm a little disappointed that there's no red behind the "Mighty Morphin". Still a pretty good redesign though :D

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I remember when the show was so popular that when it was moved to 5 PM, it was just killing the local 5 PM newscasts in the ratings.

And the Green Ranger was the best. He could kick all the rest of Rangers' asses but gave up being a villain so he could get some Pink Ranger tail. Hell, his ride was already the same size all the rest of team's zords combined.

The Green Ranger now:

green-ranger-mma.jpg

He doesn't even look like the same guy.

I really like the new logo. It has the feel of the original, but much more modern. So are they rebooting the series, or just re-airing the old (and severely outdated, but totally awesome) originals?

spacer.png

The Green Ranger now:

green-ranger-mma.jpg

Neither does the Red Ranger:

austin-st-john0000025.jpg

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

The Green Ranger now:

green-ranger-mma.jpg

Neither does the Red Ranger:

austin-st-john0000025.jpg

Here's the pink...

amy_jo_johnson.0.0.0x0.300x400.jpeg

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Wow! I didn't realize there were so many closeted Power Rangers fans on this forum. Pretty rad! (Wait, is that 80's or 90's slang?) :unsure:

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Wow! I didn't realize there were so many closeted Power Rangers fans on this forum. Pretty rad! (Wait, is that 80's or 90's slang?) :unsure:

The Ranger fans are from the 90?s. The 80?s would be something like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Thundercats, The Smurfs, GI Joe, Transformers, etc.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

wow, awesome childhood flashbacks... thanks for sharing!

the very 1st Red Ranger (Austin St. John aka Jason) with the T-Rex was my fave and I always had a crush on the Kimberly the Pink Ranger.

I was so looking forward to the movie and then was shoked when they were replaced with new actors!

because of the synchro, the departures had not yet occured. I took a long time to get over that, well until I kinda outgrew the Power Ranger years... (never really watched all other incarnations) appart from some youtube clips.

I still have Lord Zed and the Gold Ranger (also played Austin St. John for a while), sadly I can't find Goldar and the Red Mighty Morphin Power Ranger anymore.

as for the Logo: appart from the colors I like it, cleaned up, diffrent angle, modern touch but still similiar to the original one.

Archived