2010 World Cup Kits

Frankie

Thought that over the coming months, we'll see lots of federations release their kits for the 2010 World Cup. Earlier today, Puma released the lineup for the African nations competing at the African Nations Cup:

puma2_5F00_2.jpg

AngolaH_736002_pr.jpg

cam2_5F00_thumb.jpg

gh2_5F00_thumb.jpg

ic1_5F00_thumb.jpg

mo1_5F00_thumb.jpg

You can see the rest of the kits on http://my.thescore.com/branded/default.aspx

Personally, I think this is Puma's attempts at TATC. I'm not really sold on any of these designs, but I applaud Puma for taking the initiative to get out of the "retro" phase. It'll be itneresting to see what Nike and adidas have in store in the coming months.

Juventus.png

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If these weren't so tight fitting, I'd go out and buy one as they are unique. I just can't get over the tight fit. I don't want to see tight fitting clothes on a guy. The women's soccer team, possibly, but not the guys. Yeah, I know, I'm sexist. Deal with it.

Leaked Germany WC kits...actual unveiling in November.

germany-world-cup-2010.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

On the Puma batch, neat use of war paint stylings. It will be interesting to see if Puma's European countries have something like that, or more traditional stripings and colorings.

When the Football Federation of Macedonia said that they will have "Puma design unique jerseys for the macedonian national team for the first time", at first I didn't expect anything special. But after I saw these beautiful jerseys for the african teams, I'm hyped :D

Anyway, anyone noticed that Cote d'Ivoire and Cameroon have changed their federation's logos? Furthermore, Cameroon's national team logo (the lion on the right side) has been revamped too. I especially like what they did with Cote d'Ivoire. For Cameroon, the federation badge is a step backwards, while the national team logo is excellent.

If these weren't so tight fitting, I'd go out and buy one as they are unique. I just can't get over the tight fit. I don't want to see tight fitting clothes on a guy. The women's soccer team, possibly, but not the guys. Yeah, I know, I'm sexist. Deal with it.

agreed.

but yeah i like the creativity put into the design elements...can't wait to see others. also, that germany kit needs some more color in it.

As a soccer player, I love the tight fit. Just like football, it makes it so much harder for your opponent to grab you, that any "casual wear" aspects NEED to be sacrificed. I also enjoy somewhat tighter fitting clothes in everyday wear as well, so this makes me want to pick up a few Puma jerseys all the more.

Anyway, anyone noticed that Cote d'Ivoire and Cameroon have changed their federation's logos? Furthermore, Cameroon's national team logo (the lion on the right side) has been revamped too. I especially like what they did with Cote d'Ivoire. For Cameroon, the federation badge is a step backwards, while the national team logo is excellent.

Yes, I noticed that too. I'd bet that those are special Puma designs for the World Cup and aren't "officially" recognized by the federations. But either way, both Cameroon's Lion and Ivory Coast's Elephant logos are HUGE upgrades. I may need to pick up an Eto'o and Drogba jersey this time around.

I also like the new font Puma is using... hopefully we'll get capital letters this time...

but yeah i like the creativity put into the design elements...can't wait to see others. also, that germany kit needs some more color in it.

I really like those Germany kits, especially with the lack of color. White and black only! Plus the number font is much, much better.

The thing that stood out to me, more than anything, was the fact that it looks like Cote D'Ivoire has a new crest. Does anybody have a cleaner image of it?

That said, if Puma wanted to get away from the boring designs, then they did it about as nicely as they could. It looks very contemporary, and I'm guessing that they'll fit in just fine next year.

I wouldn't call it TATC. It's not that drastic. I can't say I love the war-paint or in-the-blank logos...but I'm pretty sure I like them. They're different without going crazy. And that's something rare for soccer kits.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Great! They make it up for the last WC lazy jerseys. Even the colors respect African artwork, paintings, traditional clothing, construction materials, etc... yeah maybe color is the best achievment, dunno for wearability but hope I get 1 or 2 this summer.

Yes, I noticed that too. I'd bet that those are special Puma designs for the World Cup and aren't "officially" recognized by the federations. But either way, both Cameroon's Lion and Ivory Coast's Elephant logos are HUGE upgrades. I may need to pick up an Eto'o and Drogba jersey this time around.

All the other jerseys (including Ghana's, as one of the big three) have the federations' official logos. The question here is, did Puma design the new logos for the federations, along with the jerseys, or not? I'd bet it was Puma. My second bet would be the french company that rebranded the "Confederation Africaine de Football" in February...

Archived