Utah Jazz - Early '80s Green Road Unis

TruColor

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi there

i am a jazz fan from Australia.

my swingman jersey which was worn at the pacers game says 1979-80 on the jersey.

is it safe to say this is a mistake?

as conlcusion seems to be 81 or 82 they started to wear it.

also the name and number at the back of the jersey wasn't it all yellow when they wore the strip in the 1980's

as mine has williams in white and number 8 in yellow....was certain that the number and name were all yellow during the time the green jersey was worn

The green uni was worn from 1981-84 and had yellow names.

hi there

i am a jazz fan from Australia.

my swingman jersey which was worn at the pacers game says 1979-80 on the jersey.

is it safe to say this is a mistake?

as conlcusion seems to be 81 or 82 they started to wear it.

also the name and number at the back of the jersey wasn't it all yellow when they wore the strip in the 1980's

as mine has williams in white and number 8 in yellow....was certain that the number and name were all yellow during the time the green jersey was worn

The green uni was worn from 1981-84 and had yellow names.

In the Fanzz stores they are selling the purple jerseys with yellow names and numbers. Seems like they mixed them up?!

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Nope, the home uni was essentially the same from '79 to '84. That jersey's a pretty bad fake.

Actually from 1979 to Malone's rookie season. The 'Utah' was added to the roads in 1984 and the homes in the 1986-87 season.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Try these babies on for size! thicon_biggrin.gif

RH_Jazz_Home_Mockup1-1.png

RH_Jazz_Away_Mockup1-1.png

RH_Jazz_Alt_Mockup1-1.png

Sort of a Memphis-ish

To an extent yes, but different enough.

Something about these is Lakersish in a way that the original ones weren't. Interesting that that's possible.

As interesting as the green/yellow are, they seem so sonicsish and represent such a short part of the team's history that didn't have much success (except Dantley.) But I feel like the best way to tie it all together is purple/gold with a significant green component...time to review the older posts in the thread...what if the white in the side panel were green?

Actually, recoloring the logo really highlights what a good logo it isn't. While the Jazz wordmark itself was kind of cool, the J-note all by itself looks pretty feeble. Too much white space.

That's why you bring back the whole original logo as is, or in some different format like what the Sixers have done. The current Pistons logo is regarded as one of the best logos in the league, and I think the Jazz could be in the upper tier as well.

Kind of digging back into the past to reply to this...

But the Jazz equivalent of the current Piston logo would be the J-note 'modernized' to the point that it isn't a note anymore. Or maybe just the ball from the J-Note, with a "Utah Jazz" wordmark on top of it.

Archived