Utah Jazz - Early '80s Green Road Unis

TruColor

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. When will we see them in action? When are they coming out?

That?s the question of the month for me! The Jazz organization doesn?t even know the Hardwood Classic Nights as of a week ago!

It?s also a shame to learn that nobody carries the Hardwood Classic shorts. I guess I?m one of the few people in town that has a pair of these green aways shorts! :P

Ditto.

I wish they would commission some designer to go back and do a modernized update of their 80's/90's look, kind of like what the San Diego Chargers did to their 60's look with their newest uniforms. Get rid of the current garbage and revert back to the "classic" Jazz colors. That would be heavenly.

I completely agree. There?s a rumor going around here that they?re going back to a modernized retro logo next year.

I wouldn't mind seeing a retro logo, though there are a lot of people that seem to despise purple as the main color; I can name my brother and an old roommate that think this way. There are likely a lot of Jazz fans (within and without Utah) that think this way. While I wouldn't mind seeing a return to the old green, gold, and purple, I would agree that the colors should be done in that order--green, gold, and purple.

My main reason for this is that the pre-mountain-look merchandise (and the uniforms, to some extent) remind me too much of the Lakers (all that purple and gold!), and while those green/gold 80's uniforms looked too much like the Sonics then, the Sonics don't exist right now, leaving the Jazz to claim the spot as the sole primarily green-gold team in the NBA. They can either bring back purple as a trim, or have a blue-violet color in its place to appease the anti-purple crowd.

I would also say to keep the mountains--in one form or another--on the logo.

I like the idea of them bringing back green/gold (since, as you said, they'd be the onky team in the L that uses it). But purple trim would just add more fuel to the "Utah and New Orleans should switch identities" debate (which, for the record, I'd be all for).

I like the idea of them bringing back green/gold (since, as you said, they'd be the onky team in the L that uses it). But purple trim would just add more fuel to the "Utah and New Orleans should switch identities" debate (which, for the record, I'd be all for).

I think it?s a little too late for a switch; the Jazz basketball organization now has deeper roots in Salt Lake City versus New Orleans. It?s not more different than the Lakers having more history in Los Angeles over Minneapolis.

64-12416-F.jpg

YEAH GREEN!!!

I wonder if those will be the same exact uniforms the NBA Online Store and Fanzz here in Utah will sell.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

I think it?s a little too late for a switch; the Jazz basketball organization now has deeper roots in Salt Lake City versus New Orleans. It?s not more different than the Lakers having more history in Los Angeles over Minneapolis.

64-12416-F.jpg

YEAH GREEN!!!

I wonder if those will be the same exact uniforms the NBA Online Store and Fanzz here in Utah will sell.

I am pretty sure they are. You can always count on Adidas to ruin them.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I really don't see what makes these green Jazz jerseys any good. Wasn't the green jersey year the year they were moving home games to Las Vegas?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I really don't see what makes these green Jazz jerseys any good. Wasn't the green jersey year the year they were moving home games to Las Vegas?

It was. I think I love them for three reasons. One, I love the Jazz. Two, they were only worn for a couple of years and rarely seen. Three, it's not purple. I'd really like to see the Jazz use green more in their logo and jerseys.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

They wore the green unis from 81-84.

The road unis had "Utah" on them from 1984-85 onwards (but these unis didn't have the note logo on the shorts). I would guess that the home unis just said "Jazz" from 1984-86.

The road unis had "Utah" on them from 1984-85 onwards (but these unis didn't have the note logo on the shorts). I would guess that the home unis just said "Jazz" from 1984-86.

Is it confirmed that they wore the green jerseys in the 1981-82 season? I've only seen 1982-84. I am assuming that the Jazz from 1984-86 had the full logo on the road purple and just Jazz on the home whites, until the home jersey the same treatment. I am hoping to find more stuff online.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Is it confirmed that they wore the green jerseys in the 1981-82 season? I've only seen 1982-84. I am assuming that the Jazz from 1984-86 had the full logo on the road purple and just Jazz on the home whites, until the home jersey the same treatment. I am hoping to find more stuff online.

This is about as much confirmation as I've found:

85724931.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548C4A6CC5B26D9CA15DB36501C355FF2B3DD21BA1031F69540

Danny Schayes (on the right) only played for the Jazz during the 1981-82 season. This photo's probably taken at the game played Feb. 24th, 1982 (the only time the Jazz played in Boston that season).

This is about as much confirmation as I've found:

85724931.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548C4A6CC5B26D9CA15DB36501C355FF2B3DD21BA1031F69540

Danny Schayes (on the right) only played for the Jazz during the 1981-82 season. This photo's probably taken at the game played Feb. 24th, 1982 (the only time the Jazz played in Boston that season).

The picture isn't showing up, could you please repost it?

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

FYI ... take my source for what's it worth. I went to the Fanzz store yesterday to ask when the green jerseys will be in and what players will be available. The jerseys will be sold beginning November 28th in Fanzz stores. It looks like only Deron Williams will be sold. They are not selling any authentic Dantley jerseys (bummer)! But, the employee told me that they are getting a shipment of purple jerseys with Stockton and Williams.

There is also talk about the Jazz breaking out the purple jerseys this year from what he said. I asked him if there were any plans for a new logo, and he said that his manager has seen some of the new designs. The only thing he said was that it will be a recolor of the old note logo and it will change will come in the 2011-12 season, not the 2010-11 season like I would expect.

I thought I would just pass this information along, again take it for what's it worth. The employee seemed liked he knew what he was talking about, but at the same time he talking about how the green jerseys were worn in New Orleans.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

It looks like only Deron Williams will be sold. They are not selling any authentic Dantley jerseys (bummer)! But, the employee told me that they are getting a shipment of purple jerseys with Stockton and Williams.

No Memo or Millsap green jerseys, that?s absurd!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Archived