Utah Jazz - Early '80s Green Road Unis

TruColor

It looks like only Deron Williams will be sold. They are not selling any authentic Dantley jerseys (bummer)! But, the employee told me that they are getting a shipment of purple jerseys with Stockton and Williams.

No Memo or Millsap green jerseys, that?s absurd!

That was my thought as well. I really want my hands on a Dantley jersey.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like only Deron Williams will be sold. They are not selling any authentic Dantley jerseys (bummer)! But, the employee told me that they are getting a shipment of purple jerseys with Stockton and Williams.

No Memo or Millsap green jerseys, that?s absurd!

That was my thought as well. I really want my hands on a Dantley jersey.

I believe Mitchell & Ness still sells the old Dantley green jersey?..

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen quite a few items on the Jazz store that have the old note logo recolored and while I love that logo it just does'nt look as good in two tone blue and gray. If they are really going retro with the logo why not bring back the colors. I seen someone on here say that they talked to someone at the Jazz store and they said they might actually wear the purple throwback this year can anyone confirm this? I bet more people will buy the purple jersey than the green if the team wears it this year. However I prefer the green jersey over the crap they wear now.

I seen someone on here say that they talked to someone at the Jazz store and they said they might actually wear the purple throwback this year can anyone confirm this?

Yes I can confirm that they WILL NOT be wearing those this year.

I bet more people will buy the purple jersey than the green if the team wears it this year. However I prefer the green jersey over the crap they wear now.

I disagree. While many of you might think the old retro purple jerseys are cool, the green are newer to most, and therefore seem to be a lot more popular.

I've seen quite a few items on the Jazz store that have the old note logo recolored and while I love that logo it just does'nt look as good in two tone blue and gray. If they are really going retro with the logo why not bring back the colors. I seen someone on here say that they talked to someone at the Jazz store and they said they might actually wear the purple throwback this year can anyone confirm this? I bet more people will buy the purple jersey than the green if the team wears it this year. However I prefer the green jersey over the crap they wear now.

I was one the one who talked to a Fanzz employee. It was all secondary information coming from his boss who works closely with the Jazz front office. He told me there wouldn't be any Boozer or Millsap green jerseys and as we can see there are. So I now question whether we will wear the purple this year. Plus, its not on the 2009-10 style guide.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Yeah, I guess your right it is the new thing and alot of people will be snatching them up for Christmas. I just prefer purple. BTW Wasatch are the Jazz really considering a recolor of the old note logo in 2011?

I've heard it will be next year or 2011. Honestly, I am curious to see how they pull it off. I wonder if it's a complete redesign of the main logo or just new jerseys?

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Yeah, I guess your right it is the new thing and alot of people will be snatching them up for Christmas. I just prefer purple. BTW Wasatch are the Jazz really considering a recolor of the old note logo in 2011?

I've heard it will be next year or 2011. Honestly, I am curious to see how they pull it off. I wonder if it's a complete redesign of the main logo or just new jerseys?

I'm putting my money down for next season since that's what I've heard many times from one of the higher up FO employees. Like you though, I don't know if they'll just switch over their current secondary logo or if it'll be a complete new redesign. I'm hoping they just bring back the retro logo below but in the new recolor. I know, I?ll probably get razzed on for having green be the new primary color since purple is the true essence of the Jazz franchise, but for me, green is a nice change! And yes, I also elected to drop ?Utah? from the logo itself but I?m not opposed to it being in there.

Retro_Green_Jazz_Logo.png

I'm putting my money down for next season since that's what I've heard many times from one of the higher up FO employees. Like you though, I don't know if they'll just switch over their current secondary logo or if it'll be a complete new redesign. I'm hoping they just bring back the retro logo below but in the new recolor. I know, I?ll probably get razzed on for having green be the new primary color since purple is the true essence of the Jazz franchise, but for me, green is a nice change! And yes, I also elected to drop ?Utah? from the logo itself but I?m not opposed to it being in there.

Retro_Green_Jazz_Logo.png

I'm with you on the green and gold. I like that combination much better than the purple and gold.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I found this video on You Tube of the green jerseys in action. Enjoy!

Wow, amazing find! This makes me even more excited to see these babies thrown back onto the court Dec. 4! I couldn?t help myself, so I?m posting all these photos. Question though, is that Doug Collins commenting on the game? The voice sounds nearly identical to him!

1984NBAWCSG4_Jazz1.jpg

1984NBAWCSG4_Jazz2.jpg

1984NBAWCSG4_Jazz3.jpg

They do look nice but you still have'nt pulled me over to the darkside yet just look at these beauties in action against the Lakers.

I can see why you like the purple having not really seen much of them since? 96. Here?s what I propose though.

Retro_Modern_Jazz_Uni_Wordmarks.png

How about adding a little purple on the ball for the home primary. A little purple section on the right side. If you are looking at the ball it should be green/yellow/purple/green. That would basically switch out green for purple and purple for green from the original home logo. I would buy that over anything they've worn since 96. Still holding out hope they go full retro with my idea but I would gladly take yours with these proposed changes.

Archived