Utah Jazz - Early '80s Green Road Unis

TruColor

Actually, recoloring the logo really highlights what a good logo it isn't. While the Jazz wordmark itself was kind of cool, the J-note all by itself looks pretty feeble. Too much white space.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, recoloring the logo really highlights what a good logo it isn't. While the Jazz wordmark itself was kind of cool, the J-note all by itself looks pretty feeble. Too much white space.

That's why you bring back the whole original logo as is, or in some different format like what the Sixers have done. The current Pistons logo is regarded as one of the best logos in the league, and I think the Jazz could be in the upper tier as well.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

admiral give it a rest. The J note logo is a classic and should have never been changed. Any Jazz fan will tell you they prefer it over anything they have had since or any other stupid ideas that people have thrown out there. Most Jazz fan also would like to see the old colors as well. I can see them changing the uniform template to something modern like Wasatch has put together but I don't think they would have to.

admiral give it a rest. The J note logo is a classic and should have never been changed. Any Jazz fan will tell you they prefer it over anything they have had since or any other stupid ideas that people have thrown out there. Most Jazz fan also would like to see the old colors as well. I can see them changing the uniform template to something modern like Wasatch has put together but I don't think they would have to.

I am a Jazz fan who likes the current logo and colors so I don't think you make a great spokesman for all Jazz fans. The love the Mardi Gras colors and logo, but that was another era of Jazz history this is now and I love our current set. Granted I'd like new jerseys, but other wise I can't complain.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I am a Jazz fan who likes the current logo and colors so I don't think you make a great spokesman for all Jazz fans. The love the Mardi Gras colors and logo, but that was another era of Jazz history this is now and I love our current set. Granted I'd like new jerseys, but other wise I can't complain.

If you like the current uniforms then I have to question your design sense. thicon_wink.gif

For the Jazz, I like their note logos a lot. However, I do like the mountain part of the mountain ball logo. I'm hoping that their next look will incorporate these two elements together; it could look great. Bring back the original colors, except make the purple more an indigo (or blue-violet).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

If you like the current uniforms then I have to question your design sense. thicon_wink.gif

I not very hot on the current primaries, but I love the alternate uniforms and template. Am I all for Hardwood Classic jerseys especially the green ones, just not as a primary uniform.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I not very hot on the current primaries, but I love the alternate uniforms and template

Well if you like the current baby blue alternates, then you're back in my graces! :D

Am I all for Hardwood Classic jerseys especially the green ones, just not as a primary uniform.

I too agree, but if you throw that into a modern template like the one I mocked up, the green and gold would work very nicely!

The only question now, do I send these to the Jazz President? It’s a good thing I know him a bit, he might listen to me just a tad. thicon_wink.gif

That's why you bring back the whole original logo as is, or in some different format like what the Sixers have done. The current Pistons logo is regarded as one of the best logos in the league, and I think the Jazz could be in the upper tier as well.

The Pistons logo is regarded as great by people who think a plain wordmark on top of a basketball is a great design...

The old logo was both a basketball in a circle and a piston in a cylinder. The current one is just a basketball.

Interesting, I went to go look at the current logo again, and noticed two things:

1. There actually is a blue outer circle still, but it's more like an outline and doesn't look like a cylinder anymore.

2. I remembered the current logo as looking decent despite being so plain; but it doesn't. It looks as awful as it is on paper.

Actually, none of their logos have been that great, but at least on the old one the wordmark was incorporated in an interesting way. I hated those teams so much though it's hard to like the old logo really.

Not sure what they should have done - probably made the update a little closer to the old one; thicker blue circle; keep the more realistic basketball; keep the modern wordmark but confine it to within the basketball, because the piston can't move with a big wordmark taped over the end of the cylinder.

At least the uniforms are pretty much top-notch now.

Jhans, Navy Blue and Powder Blue are just so over used in the pro sports right now. Also the uniform template they use now is very generic. I know quite a few Jazz fans and there are not many who think the current unis are good.However many of the Jazz fans I know are my age and long for the logo and unis of our youth. Let me just say though that I've shown my son who is a huge basketball fan the unis of my days being a big Jazz fan which was directly connected to Stockton and Malone. You know what he said? Wow those uniforms are awesome, it does'nt even look like the same team now. He likes the late 90's unis better than the current ones also. What's my point.I think when you have a great team history you should stay closer to your roots when changing uniforms. One funny comment my son made was of course the length of the shorts from back in the 80's.Any of you guys see the logo someone came up with over on the Jazz board that has the mountains on the ball of the J note logo trying to blend in more of a Utah theme to the old logo. I'll see if I can post it later.

Here's the link to the forum I can't post the image on this board it's the 5th post down on the thread

Old and New

Somebody would just have to find a way to add the J note to the ball with the mountains to make it a true blend of old and new

The only thing I don't like about this logo is the blue sky I would color that part purple and call it good.

Archived