Horse/Chargers Logo

The Fixer

I re-did my cousin's high school logo roughly with a new horse. I did this on Corel, but im reinstalling my illustrator as i post this, so im going to add some more detial, and highlighting. mostly on the bolt. So still some work to do. Im also gonna redo their uniforms because they are terrible. also gonna redo the outline and make it thicker. but so far can you give some advice? this is also my first original logo made using a program like illustrator. (made some just piecing images together in photoshop before)

Illini West, (hence the I in the forehead) so the left one is mine, the right is the old one, and then their helmet

charger3-2.png

First off, the logo is pretty nice for a first time. But there is some things to work on:

-The bolt could be shortened; it makes the logo a little too lengthy vertically and kinda throws it off.

-Like you said, the outlines need to be thicker, or get rid of it altogether

-The 'I' looks out of place here. It could work well if you make the vertical line of the eye part of a shadow in the forehead bone, and the bottom horizontal line could tie into the top of an eye bone. (Does that make sense?)

Other than that, great job for a start, keep it up.

Pretty good start. Couple things:

Line weights should be adjusted, especially around the bolt. You could use the same outline scheme of the bolt on the helmet, orange-blue-white. I would flip the orientation of the bolt, right now it looks kind of like the horse is tipping over, and if it was flipped the logo it would be more contained, circular almost, I can't think of the word I want to use to describe it. Also you appear to be using two shades of blue.

yeah thanks i need to work on the bolt a bit. I just got a good idea for it. but ill for sure try your idea nole thanks. and haha I know i was. Their logo is the horse thing above and that is bright blue, but then if you look at their uniforms its like dark dark blue. so i dont know what to do, probably gonna go with the dark

ok an update, i took it into AI and retraced it and reworked it a bit, then wanted to see what the horse looked like so rounded it off took it into PS and colored it with just basic orange and blue, not the actually shades. the town is dallas city, IL so i put a star for the eye, i also liked the idea. Im afraid the way i colored it it looks too much like the texans though. and then im gonna add the bolt after hearing your opinions on the new horse

horse1.png

Hmm... the first logo doesn't seem to be related at all to your "update". Not to mention that the first logo is far superior. I'm not sure that you really made the first one. Not positive, but this just seems fishy.

You're accusing me if stealing. F off man. You know nothing so please don't come to my thread and accuse me. Thanks

Ya cuz I'm a little happy with how it turned/ is turning out for mu first logo and I don't need people putting me down. I appreciate his advice but really? Is it nesicary It's definantly based of some other logos/ pictures I found but not copied

Well sorry but I'd really like help not well that. On the other side it's kinda flattering.

I guess I might simplified the new one too much and ill go back to working with the first. Though anything I make with ai it just turns out looking sloppy. Any advice for this? The 1st was made in corel psp the 2nd in ai

ok an update, i took it into AI and retraced it and reworked it a bit, then wanted to see what the horse looked like so rounded it off took it into PS and colored it with just basic orange and blue, not the actually shades. the town is dallas city, IL so i put a star for the eye, i also liked the idea. Im afraid the way i colored it it looks too much like the texans though. and then im gonna add the bolt after hearing your opinions on the new horse

horse1.png

Ok, why in the world if you've spent time drawing it up in Illustrator would you then take it into photoshop to colour it? It's totally counter productive, you can do all the colour changes you want quicker and more accurately in Illustrator than you will EVER manage to do them in Photoshop. I'd suggest spending a bit more time learning to use the tools before rushing to produce concepts.

The original version you produced in Corel had some nice touches to it, I agree with others who commented the the bolt is too long and the it's curve should go the other way to follow the curve of the horses neck rather than fight against that natural flow as it currently stands.

The new version just looks rushed. Sorry there is no other way to put it. I mean there's really no excuse for all the sections that dont line up, other than the piece was done in a hurry, and to be honest speed isn't an excuse either, it's a reason but nothing excuses it. Take your time and have some pride in what you are doing, I know you're excited about this new piece you're working on, everybody feels that way about a new piece, but we dont need to see it every thirty seconds! Show us it when it's ready to be seen.

I mean ask yourself if we were a client do you think you could walk into a meeting and say, "oh this is just a rough idea, when it's finished the ear will line up perfectly and those other bit that dont meet up right will be fixed"? Well I suppose you could but the client would walk out and head next door to the other designer who presents clean and complete work without a second thought. First impressions are so important, so take your time, and if the reason bits of it look rough is because you got stuck or didn't know how to do something then ask for help in the requests section learn how to solve the problem then show us the piece when it's fixed.

IMO you've tried to stylise this version way to much and have obliterated just about every feature on there that actually makes it look like a horse. I mean you have the forelock of the mane going right down the length of the head, the shape of the nose is off and gets lost where is merges with the neck and the nostril looks like an after thought added with the paint brush tool in Photoshop.

You seem to have tried to make a horse version of the Texans logo, while it could be argued from an originality standpoint that's not such a great idea, I think from a learning standpoint you could gain a lot from it as an exercise. However what makes the Texans logo a success is it's use of bold simple shapes. The shapes you've got going on right now are not simplistic enough or accurate enough yet to pull it off.

It's not often I say this as I usually try to find whatever positives I can from new versions or updates to logos on here and encourage people to keep working on the new version to make it succeed, but this time when I compare the update to what came before I cant find one single positive, the changes you've made to the shapes just dont work and you've changed the colours to the Broncos colours! I mean c'mon? Could you not have tried different colours especially when doing a horse based logo? Like I said I hate to sound harsh but if I was you I'd ditch this new version go back a step and start over from what you had originally.

You tired something, it didn't work, but you tried so that's to be applauded. Not everything works every time, I guess that's a positive lesson that can be learned. I look forward to seeing how this progresses but would suggest the best way to proceed would be to start off by taking a step back to your first version.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

• 2 years later...

spääääääääääääm

what is that for???? ur just beijng stupid. oh yeah. work with the first one you did. as for the helmets, try a different style of the bolt. ripping off the chargers is just wrong.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

×òî âñåãäà åñòü âåðîÿòíîñòü òîãî, ÷òî ïîêà ãîñòè íå ïîëó÷èëè "àðîìàòíûå" çàêóñêè, òåðïèòå äî ïóíêòà íàçíà÷åíèÿ. Ñêîëüêî âû çàïëàòèòå ïîñòàðàåòñÿ èñïîëüçîâàòü åãî ñåé÷àñ òàêæå, åñëè õî÷åò êîìó-òî ñòîÿùåìó ïðåäëîæèòü ñèãàðåòó èëè ïîäàåò îãîíü. Êàñàåòñÿ ðàññòîÿíèÿ ìåæäó ãîâîðÿùèìè, òî, êàê ëó÷øå íå òðàòèòü ïðîèñõîäèò ïîèñê, ñîðòèðîâêà èëè èíûå.

Ëó÷øèé ñàìñóíã

Archived