Chicago White Sox

goforbroke

This idea was brought up in another thread that I can't for the life of me remember so I apologize to whomever suggested it. But I was just curious to see what it would look like. I welcome someone with better custom font skills to take inspiration and make a cleaner version of this and post it here if you'd like.

cws.jpg

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

It's pretty good, but I think it's just too much in one spot. I would try the CWS at an angle like the current logo is.

Yeah I tried that but for some reason since it is innitials it made more sense to me for it to read left-to-right instead of top-to-bottom. so i decreased the angle.

Why do people think this is so bad? I actually like it, to an extent. This could use some refining to make it a better logo.

This is my opinion, and NOT intended to block creativity.

I feel that the typestyle used in the primary logo NOT necessarily needed to extended beyond that logo. Nor the diagonal placement for that matter.

The Sox primary logo is in caps and lower case.

This particular font (Old English or similar) NEVER lends itself to professional design and legibility when used with ALL CAPS. Even if this example represents initials.

Ever follow a car with the owner's name or nickname in Old English, all caps, usually on a curve, on their rear window? Illegible and easily categorized as "low rent"

An additional example of where capitalization of similar fonts are overused would easily be found at your nearest biker bar on various tattoos.

Even on a tramp stamp on a relatively hot chick, it's "low rent"

Again, IMHO something I would not want associated with my favorite baseball team!

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

I appreciate the comments, positive and negative. I admit its not my best work mainly because I didn't want to use an Old English Font I wanted to try and customize a font, of which this is my first attempt at.

(I'm not even sure if the Sox logo is a real font... if it is I'd love someone to let me know what it is so I can try and make this with that font instead of having to mutate a C and W)

My point here wasn't really to show off this concept, more to introduce the idea and spark a convo on whether it would look good if executed well. I know this execution isn't perfect. Again, I invite people with better custom font skills to make a better version of this idea.

Why do people think this is so bad? I actually like it, to an extent. This could use some refining to make it a better logo.

This is my opinion, and NOT intended to block creativity.

I feel that the typestyle used in the primary logo NOT necessarily needed to extended beyond that logo. Nor the diagonal placement for that matter.

The Sox primary logo is in caps and lower case.

This particular font (Old English or similar) NEVER lends itself to professional design and legibility when used with ALL CAPS. Even if this example represents initials.

Ever follow a car with the owner's name or nickname in Old English, all caps, usually on a curve, on their rear window? Illegible and easily categorized as "low rent"

An additional example of where capitalization of similar fonts are overused would easily be found at your nearest biker bar on various tattoos.

Even on a tramp stamp on a relatively hot chick, it's "low rent"

Again, IMHO something I would not want associated with my favorite baseball team!

Is it just me or is your signature image rather ironic in this thread? :therock::P

Archived