3D Rendered Helmet Tutorial

Davidson

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please comment on this template, it is my first attempt working with Cinema 4D, 3D Studio and Photoshop. I would like to have some feedback from you guys.

http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/galatrejo/slideshow/My%20NFL%20Helmets/My%20Template

These are some samples, for the full album please visit the link above...

NFL-00034.jpg
NFL-00037.jpg
NFL-00007.jpg
NFL-00015.jpg
NFL-00026.jpg
Once more, I wish you all the best for the next Year!!!

Why the old logo on the Panthers helmet above?

I was watching over your profile and I have a question for you:

Have you ever gave a nice comment to anyone?

Seems like you only ask for things to be done for you but you give nothing in return...

I want an opinion on my work, not on the mistake of a single one of all of them!!!

I'm sure you have no freaking idea of the time and effort it takes to make a single one of this helmets and you can only see a single mistake... what a shame!

Cheers

Seems like you only ask for things to be done for you but you give nothing in return...

I want an opinion on my work, not on the mistake of a single one of all of them!!!

I'm sure you have no freaking idea of the time and effort it takes to make a single one of this helmets and you can only see a single mistake... what a shame!

Cheers

The helmets look fine on Fraser's templates. Something about your new template seems kind of flat, though, like the helmet isn't spherical enough.

I'm going to be very candid with you here -- if you can't take criticism and improve with it (and what cokeologist posted is not criticism, but an observation), you'll never grow as a designer. If you let your ego get in the way, you're limiting yourself from growth and learning.

Weren't you the one that told Fraser he was essentially being rude for posting a photo and not sharing the template? Cool your jets, man. You'll get a lot more out of this place by interacting civilly than attacking anyone who replies to you.

Cheers

The helmets look fine on Fraser's templates. Something about your new template seems kind of flat, though, like the helmet isn't spherical enough.

I'm going to be very candid with you here -- if you can't take criticism and improve with it (and what cokeologist posted is not criticism, but an observation), you'll never grow as a designer. If you let your ego get in the way, you're limiting yourself from growth and learning.

Weren't you the one that told Fraser he was essentially being rude for posting a photo and not sharing the template? Cool your jets, man. You'll get a lot more out of this place by interacting civilly than attacking anyone who replies to you.

Thanks for the advice.

This is a lot more constructive comment as you are telling me what you see like weird, then I can try to fix it and work on it.

That's what I was looking for and I really appreciate this comments.

I believe me, if I promise to post a template, or someone request a template from me, I will, I don't like to post promises I will not accomplish.

I'm not offering any template as I'm just a humble beginner and I know they may not like as much as those from more experienced people. That why that time I asked for a promise to be accomplished, I never intended to be rude, and I won't.

Have a great New Year!!!

• 2 weeks later...

There are some jersey templates out there. This one from Djruggs is very good. http://www.mediafire.com/download/1f2n1k1jajomrmf/Nike+Football+Uniform+Template.psd (https://www.mediafire.com/?w46ga81unuxcc84 if you want pants)

Davidson, I want to thank you for the templates. I did eight modernizations of defunct NFL teams using the template. Rather than posting them up here I just leave the link.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/96654-updating-defunct-nfl-teams/

SRS9qVx.jpg

Sorry if this picture is too big, but here is my first design. Thank you so much for the template! It's exactly what I was looking for when I came here, and it actually exceeded my expectations. I can't wait to make more of these, Mizzou of course, and especially with the three picture Revo Speed templates!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived