3D Rendered Helmet Tutorial

Davidson

how do you get that logo-vinyl-sticker effect GTS?

These are the settings I used, you just adjust the bottom 2 sliders. Just make sure your outermost color on your logo is the same color as the helmet, or you wont get the same effect (if not, just make another layer or stroke with the color of the helmet)

BevelSettings.png

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for sharing gts!

No problem.

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

All credit goes to Davidson on this obviously, but I thought I would upload a PSD of the the first helmet for anyone who is having trouble with the mask or is just lazy <_< .

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dlenodhtm5n

All credit goes to Davidson on this obviously, but I thought I would upload a PSD of the the first helmet for anyone who is having trouble with the mask or is just lazy <_< .

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dlenodhtm5n

Thank you very much for that. It is what i needed. I am just having some trouble not lazy.

Davidson- Is there an easy way to give these black (or other colored) backgrounds? I love white helmets, and they're getting lost with the white BG.

Thanks!

If you have the mask on, you shouldnt have a background anyway. After that if you did want a bg, you could just make a layer with the color you want

So i am still having trouble. GTS posted a very helpful file but i am still a little lost. If someone could make the product that is in step 5 of the first post that would be very helpfull as well. Thanks to anyone who can help me to get this to work.

When you open the psd it should be just like step 5 just without the white background.

Okay here is my first Helmet.

I did have a problem with the mask in Photoshop CS3.

I had to select the mask layer and go to image>adjustments>invert.

Select all and Copy (Shortcut Control C)

While still on the Mask layer I then hit the add layer mask.

Then went to channels and pasted it in the mask layer as Davidson said...

Thanks just how I did may be an easier way..

BTW this is awesome Davidson thank you so much...

Tom

I stand corrected I don't know why earlier today I had such problems.. I tried again and it worked fine, I must have done something wrong the first 100 times I tried I just did it in 2 minutes and it did work fine. Must have been one of those moment where you just have to walk away and come back later. Sorry.....

I got CS3 and if you do it exactly how he explains it, it works fine.

So i am still having trouble. GTS posted a very helpful file but i am still a little lost. If someone could make the product that is in step 5 of the first post that would be very helpfull as well. Thanks to anyone who can help me to get this to work.

When you open the psd it should be just like step 5 just without the white background.

Yeah it is. what i cannot figgure out is how to 'copy the mask' once i have the mask layer in a new window. Thanks for all yuor help man.

Yeah it is. what i cannot figgure out is how to 'copy the mask' once i have the mask layer in a new window. Thanks for all yuor help man.

Well if your using the psd you dont have to worry about the mask, its already on there and applied. That was the point of the psd, was so you could just start right away with the logos and colors, didnt have to worry about setup.

I know its not the ones Army wore last year, but I wanted to make one with this ACU pattern....

ArmyCamoHelmet.png

Well if your using the psd you dont have to worry about the mask, its already on there and applied. That was the point of the psd, was so you could just start right away with the logos and colors, didnt have to worry about setup.

When i open the file you gave me the edges are still fuzzy like in step 4, then davidson made a list of things to do to get rid of that and you end with the product in step 5. I really want to get this and your advice is very helpful, thanks.

When i open the file you gave me the edges are still fuzzy like in step 4, then davidson made a list of things to do to get rid of that and you end with the product in step 5. I really want to get this and your advice is very helpful, thanks.

It should be just like step 5. Its gotta be your version of PS or the zoom level. Ifs it on an odd numbered zoom (like 33% or 66%) its gonna look fuzzy, so zoom to 100% or its got to be something with your PS.

Archived