NBA Teams in need of a new look

jimbojohnny56

But, for now its the Wizards, unless someone can convince Abe of the racial implications of the name.

What's racist about "Wizards"? Unless you're talking about one of those KKK wizards, but that's a serious reach if you ask me.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But, for now its the Wizards, unless someone can convince Abe of the racial implications of the name.

What's racist about "Wizards"? Unless you're talking about one of those KKK wizards, but that's a serious reach if you ask me.

It's more in the logo (point hat). But, the name alone is not racist.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

It's more in the logo (point hat). But, the name alone is not racist.

Yes, but the standard image of a "wizard" also features a pointy hat. So that alone isn't enough. Seeing how they handled the colouring of the logo, I'm fine with it from a racially sensitive point of view.

First of all the NBA as institution needs to drop the stupid fine for any team that changes the logo. With that said, let's get on topic.

BOSTON CELTICS: Introduce some gold as an accent color. I will also drop out the leprechaun logo but it's just my opinion. WHITE-GREEN-GOLD

NEW JERSEY NETS: I liked the gray alternate more than the current red. Despite being around since 1997 the uniforms are not so outdated. The logo it's horrible but not clipperish. WHITE-NAVY-RED-GREY

NEW YORK KNICKS: An orange alternate and it's all right for me. WHITE-BLUE-ORANGE-BLACK

PHILADELPHIA 76ERS: A modern version of the old logo and outlines on wordmarks please. WHITE-RED-BLUE

TORONTO RAPTORS: I will be fine with Huskies, but since Raptors it's still the name I would want them to throw in a new primary logo. WHITE-RED-BLACK-GREY

CHICAGO BULLS: All perfect for me except the ball in the middle-court logo. Maybe some secondary will fit. WHITE-RED-BLACK

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS: 2003-2004 and still the last great redesign. Nothing to change, perfect to me. WHITE-RED-NAVY-GOLD

DETROIT PISTONS: Great uniforms, boring logo. WHITE-BLUE-RED

INDIANA PACERS: Serious, classic. For me a great update on their identity, but the Chuck Person era just rule! WHITE-NAVY-YELLOW

MILWAUKEE BUCKS: I like their current identity, maybe they can improve the logo but the colors are perfect. WHITE-GREEN-RED

ATLANTA HAWKS: Red, yellow and maroon instead of black and a new logo. It's a shame because their current unis are amazing (except of the ATL thing) WHITE-RED-YELLOW-MAROON

CHARLOTTE BOBCATS: Drop out the PRIMARY LOGO and they have a great identity. WHITE-BLUE-ORANGE-GREY

MIAMI HEAT: Ten years in and still looking good, a solid identity and part of the league's history. WHITE-MAROON-BLACK-YELLOW

ORLANDO MAGIC: If they get a real logo the colors and uniforms are perfect. WHITE-BLUE-BLACK-GREY

WASHINGTON WIZARDS: Same as the Magic, I really like blue, black and gold more than the red-blue monochrome. WHITE-BLUE-BLACK-GOLD

DALLAS MAVERICKS: Drop the two-blue madness and return to blue and green as the main colors. I will also make them look more westernish, something like GFB's redesign of the Dallas Stars if someone remembers it. WHITE-BLUE-GREEN

HOUSTON ROCKETS: Get a logo less Toyotish and add orange instead of grey or yellow. WHITE-RED-ORANGE.

MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES: I loved their global identity until they presented that horrible alternate. It will be great if the design was the same as the home and the road unis. WHITE-NAVY-SKY-GOLD

NEW ORLEANS HORNETS: Great redesign, but still not feeling the yellow wordmark in the road uniform. WHITE-TEAL-PURPLE-YELLOW

SAN ANTONIO SPURS: A grey alternate will do it. WHITE-BLACK-GREY

DENVER NUGGETS: I liked the redesign for the Carmelo Era alot but the shiny fabric hurts my eyes every game I watch. Just change the jersey's material and I think it's perfect, the alternate it's too gangsta but I still love it. WHITE-ROYAL-BLUE-YELLOW

MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES: Blue, green and black don't work well together. I will adopt the current alternate as the primary logo and change the blue to green. Twenty years after the franchise creation I will give the blue and green combination for the Mavs and will go with Black and Green. WHITE-BLACK-GREEN.

OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER: I don't like the childlish colors they've adopted, and of course I hate their current logo. Hoping to see changes very soon. WHITE-BLUE-NAVY-RED.

PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS: I like the rebranding Conrad made for them, with gold instead of grey. I will buy it! WHITE-BLACK-RED-GOLD

UTAH JAZZ: Change navy for purple, forget the J-note logo and get in some real uniforms. WHITE-PURPLE-SKY

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS: A good looking identity, maybe too agressive. Changing the logo is the number one priority. WHITE-NAVY-ORANGE-YELLOW

LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS: A logo worst than the Thunder's it's a very horrible one. I will adopt a light and greyish purple as the main color, with red and navy as secondaries. WHITE-PURPLE-RED-NAVY

LOS ANGELES LAKER: Just some logo modernisation and it will be fine. YELLOW-PURPLE-WHITE-BLACK

PHOENIX SUNS: Less grey more orange. Black instead of grey. WHITE-PURPLE-ORANGE-BLACK

SACRAMENTO KINGS: Gold as an accent color instead of grey. A lion as a symbol. WHITE-PURPLE-BLACK-GOLD

my two cents on this:

Jazz-two tone blue works for some teams. IMO, the Jazz have never been one of those teams. It's a shame if Jazz fans soured on purple, cus that's the color I associate with the team.

Spurs-if you've seen my concepts for an alt for them, you've seen somethin kickass. If you didn't, in a nutshell, the Spurs are one of those teams that could pull off a third uni that's the same color as their road, but in a completely different design. A key part of this uniform would be a revival of the black on black numbers.

T-Wolves-they gotta ditch that white splotch on the wolf's face. what is he, the newest member of KISS?

Raptors-Free the Dino. honestly, I never really understood the hate directed at it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

There is nothing wrong with the name Wizards. If the first thing that comes to your mind is a member of the KKK; then you are a shallow person and really need a reality check and explore the world outside your box.

The Celtics should stay Green & White, do not add black, or gold or etc. Team colors should not exceed more than three basic colors; you can as many trim colors as you like, but let's not add more than four official team colors. What's wrong with teams like the Celtics, Jets, Red Wings, Leafs, Colts, etc with only one color and white?

I think the Wizards=Klan/swastika thing is more an effort to reach for irony, i.e. "they tried to be p.c. and still did something offensive," than any symptom of a sheltered life. It's just fun to rip on Washington's mediocre NBA team, y'know?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think the Wizards=Klan/swastika thing is more an effort to reach for irony, i.e. "they tried to be p.c. and still did something offensive," than any symptom of a sheltered life. It's just fun to rip on Washington's mediocre NBA team, y'know?

People actually see a swastika in the Wizards' logo? Really? Wow. All I see is a crappy logo. That in itself is pretty offensive, but not on a racial level.

Where I disagree with most is the Clippers. The Clips have the worst logo in the league, but I love the uniforms. I guess there's just something about the way the red and blue work together...almost as nice as the bullets uniforms were.

Knicks: Dump the black

Sixers: Get outlines on the wordmarks and numbers (but good switch overall)

Hawks: Red and Yellow. With Houston avoiding yellow, this color is scheme would be unique...particularly if they can resist the urge to add black.

Bobcats: Orange on the road--Be different. Better wordmark.

Heat: My favorite NBA uni of all time is their original road uniform. Bring it back.

Wizards: I'm not sure, but I just don't like the look. The colors are appropriate though. Maybe look at the wordmark?

Mavs: Less black and silver. More blue and green. Nothing wrong with having some vivid colors. I hated their current look from day 1...but I think it's immensely popular, so I'm SOL

Grizz: I like their uniforms, but someone mentioned brown/light blue and I think they missed the opportunity to be very unique

Wolves: Work green in more...into the alt logo (and make it the primary) and onto the numbers/wordmark

Thunder: Start over.

Jazz: I like the look, but get more interesting wordmarks

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Raptors need a new logo quickly. A new name would be even better, but I guess a new logo would suffice. Jurassic Park isn't that hot anymore.

Ok, can we give this a rest? Yes, it was a shameless marketing ploy when they first announced the name, but it's been fourteen years. It's the team name.

I wouldn't mind the claw 'n ball logo officially replacing the dino as the primary logo, but I don't think it's even really necessary. The claw 'n ball is the de facto primary anyway.

SACRAMENTO KINGS: Gold as an accent color instead of grey. A lion as a symbol. WHITE-PURPLE-BLACK-GOLD

You know, the Kings DID unveil an alternate logo along with those Gold alt unis a couple of years ago, but I'm not sure what happened to it. I'm also not sure how widespread it was ever used; here it is RGB-optimized:

SacramentoKings_ALG_2006-2007.png

You know, the Kings DID unveil an alternate logo along with those Gold alt unis a couple of years ago, but I'm not sure what happened to it. I'm also not sure how widespread it was ever used; here it is RGB-optimized:

SacramentoKings_ALG_2006-2007.png

What? thblink.gif I?ve never seen this logo and I know for a fact it?s never been an official logo. Or at least the media has never had direct access to it. Where did it come from?

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

It was on the official Uniform Style Guide sheet for the Kings' Gold alts...so yes - it was official.

To be perfectly honest, I get a lot of additional stuff from the NBA that you can't get from that NBA.com logo site.

It was on the official Uniform Style Guide sheet for the Kings' Gold alts...so yes - it was official.

To be perfectly honest, I get a lot of additional stuff from the NBA that you can't get from that NBA.com logo site.

Wow, news to me. Your resources are obviously vaster than mine. What year was this?

It would be great for all of us, not to mention greatly appreciate if you could post some more logos like the one above; even if you had to apply some type of watermark over them.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Wow, news to me. Your resources are obviously vaster than mine. What year was this?

It would be great for all of us, not to mention greatly appreciate if you could post some more logos like the one above; even if you had to apply some type of watermark over them.

I concur! As a Magic fan, I know they created a new logo that was supposed to be unveiled last year, but apparently never made it public. They also created black alternates that were shelved until next year (stupid 2 year rule) - they were rumored to have the retro style wordmark on them. I would love to see those, or at least get some sort of information regarding what they look like.

Archived