NBA Teams in need of a new look

jimbojohnny56

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simple solution to the Thunder..

2m7tz2iv8wjusqs6ob11nznri.gif

I get the point you're making and I agree, but this logo isn't really all that good. "Seattle" is in a font that doesn't really occur anywhere else, the S at the bottom is redundant, and I'd kind of prefer "Supersonics" in full as a matter of principle but then someone would come at me with "what about the Knickerbockers" and then I wouldn't have a good answer. The quick-n-easy fix is to slap the Seattle skyline/basketball logo from the 40th anniversary logo on the bottom, which I think someone here (maybe me? who knows) mocked up once before. If a local ownership group had rescued the Supersonics from the ill-intentioned Okies, they could've made that change to "show their commitment to Seattle" or something. If only.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If a local ownership group had rescued the Supersonics from the ill-intentioned Okies, they could've made that change to "show their commitment to Seattle" or something. If only.

How quickly everyone forgets local ownership was responsible for selling the team to us evil, marauding Okies. :P

The quick-n-easy fix is to slap the Seattle skyline/basketball logo from the 40th anniversary logo on the bottom, which I think someone here (maybe me? who knows) mocked up once before.

You mean this logo?

Seattle_Sonics_Skyline_Logo.png

Yeah, from the old logo.

I think someone else made this but I saved it:

sonicsd.jpg

How quickly everyone forgets local ownership was responsible for selling the team to us evil, marauding Okies.

I don't think anyone forgot, but okay.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived