Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Privateer

ECU's midfield logo tonight vs. Virginia Tech

42 posts in this topic

It's a good idea, but the state outline kinda throws it off, it would have been awesome to have just the skull instead of the normal Pirate logo...

But overall, something different, it's pretty cool...

14431_169109839589_85137479589_2661834_1837207_n.jpg

Pretty sweet.

He's at the Asheville....the Charlotte....the Greensboro....the Raleigh....HE FUMBLES THE BALL AND THE PIRATES RECOVER AT THE CAPE FEAR YARD LINE!

A'har har har har har.....

Just noticed they filled in the ocean on the coast between the main land and outer banks with purple...

I wonder how much of that will be rubbing off on the players' uniforms. Painted turf doesn't seem to hold up as well as painted grass.

I like it, the only thing that is catching my eye is that the right end stretches to the 38 while the left goes to the 32, looks disproportionate.

I like it, the only thing that is catching my eye is that the right end stretches to the 38 while the left goes to the 32, looks disproportionate.

Probably so they could keep the skull part centered

I wonder how much of that will be rubbing off on the players' uniforms. Painted turf doesn't seem to hold up as well as painted grass.

It is a natural grass field. If you look around the edges of the middle top/bottom of the logo you will notice that the green of the grass looks a wee bit different than the rest of the grass......that is where they had to paint over, with green, sections of the usual center field logo that the new one didn't cover up.

Supposed to also be a blackout game tonight for ECU.

Another one?

Since it's East Carolina, shouldn't it only have the right side of the state in the logo?

The skull is a big improvement over the normal pirate logo. How long have they had that?

According to the main site, since 2004:

2voktpmhca0j9uf5zubn.gif

Good point with the East side of the state, probably because it was the largest portion of NC, and the logo faces left anyhow...

Love the idea, helps the University better market itself as a large, main, NC research university to the rest of the country. I'm a Wolfpacker, but good work ECU!

pirate head logo looks really sweet, but i dont like how long the whole thing stretches. i wonder if they could minimize it somehow ?

Looks amazing.

Cool idea, but they got lazy on the coast.

I'm just waiting for willmorris to come and tell us how this logo somehow violates NCAA code...

Now THIS...I like!!! Way to be original...or at least unique.

I wonder how long it took them to do that. Nice work!

Love this midfield logo and the helmet logo.