Nike Pro Combat Teams

BamaHater

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before I sift through 13 pages, my main question is...what is the point of these unis? They are very ugly. It is Nike's attempt to force something upon the public (like the one-different color sleeve jersey). If the material is so great, then just make the current uni with it and call it a day. What does me, the sports fan, really care about lightweight sweat absorbing football pants? While I think the Hurricane "U" gloves are cool, should I buy a pair and wear them to work? Would a high school kid get them? And I just looked at the Canes and their half-colored numbers with a white outline on a white jersey with white pants and no stripes. It looks lame. Also, what is the point about a slogan on the inside of the collar?

I just don't get this stuff. Save your "innovations" for Oregon Nike.

Talk about complaining for the sake of complaining...

I'll assume you like Nike's baseball mitts because leather goes well with your suit and tie?

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I'm just going to give you a gigantic fail on that.

Here's 2 cents worth of free advice, you aren't going to get far around here using "fail" in any way shape or form.

1. It's a message board, who in the hell am I going to/even want to impress?

2. I've been around here long enough to see "fail" used in many nonsensical and completely irrelevant uses before, including mine. See the Buffaslug thread for the term being used again and again. If using fail around here is going to lower my standing on this board, which I will freely admit that I have none, a lot of other long time posters should certainly have their's lowered.

3. And finally, I'd rather come to the defense of a long-standing member of this board when he/she makes a logical point (i.e. what I did when you quoted me.) But perhaps I shouldn't have/you may have read it incorrectly.

Just to stay on topic, I thought tOSU's look was horrendous and didn't really look anything remotely close to what tOSU should resemble.

Here's 2 cents worth of free advice, you aren't going to get far around here using "fail" in any way shape or form.

2. I've been around here long enough to see "fail" used in many nonsensical and completely irrelevant uses before, including mine. See the Buffaslug thread for the term being used again and again. If using fail around here is going to lower my standing on this board, which I will freely admit that I have none, a lot of other long time posters should certainly have their's lowered.

3. And finally, I'd rather come to the defense of a long-standing member of this board when he/she makes a logical point (i.e. what I did when you quoted me.) But perhaps I shouldn't have/you may have read it incorrectly.

Just to stay on topic, I thought tOSU's look was horrendous and didn't really look anything remotely close to what tOSU should resemble.

It was meant tongue in cheek but I do appreciate the in-depth response.

BB52Big.jpg

It was meant tongue in cheek but I do appreciate the in-depth response.

Sorry, must have missed the sarcasm through the internet.

That Mizzou look is not doing it for me...at all. what's with all the sublimated black on black? And what's the point of sublimating the "M" logo on the helmet? Hardly any gold at all. I do like the gloves, though.

And is it me, or has it become clear to anyone else who's sets Nike poured the bulk of their creativity into in designing these sets? After seeing FSU's set and TCU's set (which may as well have been the benchmarks for this whole Pro Combat promotion), the rest of these look rather tame by comparison. Having said that...they're not all bad, just...less creative, I guess.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Before I sift through 13 pages, my main question is...what is the point of these unis? They are very ugly. It is Nike's attempt to force something upon the public (like the one-different color sleeve jersey). If the material is so great, then just make the current uni with it and call it a day. What does me, the sports fan, really care about lightweight sweat absorbing football pants? While I think the Hurricane "U" gloves are cool, should I buy a pair and wear them to work? Would a high school kid get them? And I just looked at the Canes and their half-colored numbers with a white outline on a white jersey with white pants and no stripes. It looks lame. Also, what is the point about a slogan on the inside of the collar?

I just don't get this stuff. Save your "innovations" for Oregon Nike.

Like I said in previous posts, if Nike made these uniforms exactly like the one the teams normally wear, there wouldn't be a 14 page thread about it on here. It's to get publicity and to make people aware of the new technology.

These teams will be wearing these uniforms next year, but they will look almost exactly like the uniforms they have always worn. I liken it to a runway fashion show. The clothes you see in those shows aren't what you'll see in stores, it just gives the designer publicity.

Archived