Nike Pro Combat Teams

BamaHater

Wow, how much more black could that be? None. None more black.

I'm assuming they originally wanted the helmet to show Baby Jay with a dog collar around its neck and a leash, with a Missouri player's arm extended out holding onto the leash and pushing a Nike "Beast Mode" glove into the Jayhawk's face to sniff it. ^_^

Bravo.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, my dream came true yesterday. I'm sure it's happened many a time before, but an all-black uni vs. an all-white uni is a TV watcher's dream.

... in 1954.

Yeah, sorry, but unless you're Penn State or the Colts, you shouldn't be allowed to go all white from head to knee (or lower).

Yes, my dream came true yesterday. I'm sure it's happened many a time before, but an all-black uni vs. an all-white uni is a TV watcher's dream.

... in 1954.

Yeah, sorry, but unless you're Penn State or the Colts, you shouldn't be allowed to go all white from head to knee (or lower).

Why not? What makes PSU or the Colts the only teams "allowed" to do it? (I just want to know your reasoning for making such a blanket statement.)

I think that OU uniform looks pretty good. White on white on white may not be the most colorful thing ever, but it's a very clean look, which I can appreciate.

... in 1954.

Disagree to the powers of a trillion:

young_vince_td.jpg

25b940b2.jpg

... in 1954.

Texas falls in that group, so I'll grant you that (and have fun with your incredibly dull uniforms). My point is that all white should be limited for traditional purposes, like Alabama. I didn't mention the Browns but they fall in there as well.

LSU shouldn't be in all white. Oklahoma shouldn't be in all white since they haven't worn it in years. Oklahoma (and Virginia Tech) looked like a bunch of storm troopers.

... in 1954.

Texas falls in that group, so I'll grant you that (and have fun with your incredibly dull uniforms). My point is that all white should be limited for traditional purposes, like Alabama. I didn't mention the Browns but they fall in there as well.

LSU shouldn't be in all white. Oklahoma shouldn't be in all white since they haven't worn it in years. Oklahoma (and Virginia Tech) looked like a bunch of storm troopers.

How about this? Is this okay?

cfa68458-b058-11de-91e3-001cc4c03286.image.jpg

or this?

51729740-2830-4502-8443-036a7495c144.jpg

maybe this is a problem too...

slideshow_1106634_012624_AUBURN_ALABAMA_FOOTB.jpg

and this...

2006122518.jpg

let's not forget the Zoomies...

AFA_Falcon_Football_750.jpg

Should I go on?

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

clemson's looks halfassed compared to the rest of them...almost as if nike hurried one out so they could wear it against sc and cuase they are a more elite team by goin to the acc title game. additionally i know they wanted to go to a more traditional look and to be honest this combat look appears to be more plain and coherent then the crazed jerseys they are wearing now

Miami.png

... in 1954.

How about this? Is this okay?

cfa68458-b058-11de-91e3-001cc4c03286.image.jpg

or this?

51729740-2830-4502-8443-036a7495c144.jpg

maybe this is a problem too...

slideshow_1106634_012624_AUBURN_ALABAMA_FOOTB.jpg

and this...

2006122518.jpg

let's not forget the Zoomies...

AFA_Falcon_Football_750.jpg

Should I go on?

No, your affections for boring-as-crap uniforms is well documented. I still haven't seen a good-looking uniform among all of those.

I think Clemson's could have looked much better. Nike underachieved with these; they could have done so much more. Should have changed the helmet, maybe put some stripes on the uniforms similar to the gloves. Oh well, atleast it's the one team I hate more than anything in this world.

It's exactly what Clemson wanted. It's also going to be their look next year, except with the traditional pants that they went back to this year.

I think Clemson's could have looked much better. Nike underachieved with these; they could have done so much more. Should have changed the helmet, maybe put some stripes on the uniforms similar to the gloves. Oh well, atleast it's the one team I hate more than anything in this world.

It's exactly what Clemson wanted. It's also going to be their look next year, except with the traditional pants that they went back to this year.

So, you're saying, Clemson is going to have the exact same look as they did this year (minus the piping on the jerseys)? If so, that's a mistake, those pants look terrible IMO

Mizzou needs gold, especially on the helmet. Black and GOLD are our colors.

Add some gold and they'd be ok for a one-time use, but for the Kansas game. You gotta go either black or white jerseys. Last year they switched it up and went with the gold jerseys and got beat. Stop messing with your look for the most important regular season game.

Hell hath no fury like a pissed off Mizzou fan. :cursing: (*overdramatization over*)

So, you're saying, Clemson is going to have the exact same look as they did this year (minus the piping on the jerseys)? If so, that's a mistake, those pants look terrible IMO

That's my understanding, yes. They are going back to a more traditional look with the plainer jerseys and the traditional striped pants.

Archived