Nike Pro Combat Teams

BamaHater

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Florida's wasn't bad at all. Whatever guy that was doing the highlights during the Florida/Florida State game commented that all of the Nike Pro Combat uniforms were ridiculous. I thought some of them look great (Highlighted by TCU and FSU)

Florida's wasn't bad at all. Whatever guy that was doing the highlights during the Florida/Florida State game commented that all of the Nike Pro Combat uniforms were ridiculous. I thought some of them look great (Highlighted by TCU and FSU)

That was Tim Brando. And he was 100% correct when he said that and said that it's all for the money.

Wish I saw some actual footage of the Missouri game, because all these pictures make the helmet look photoshopped.

As for Miami, I'm a little confused - the NCAA made Villanova (and some other schools) change the font on their basketball jerseys because they decided that split numbers (either through the numbers, or I presume cut in half like these Miami numbers) or multi-colored numbers were no longer allowed... but then they allow these. I guess the rules are different for football vs. basketball, but when it was announced, I thought it was for all sports. Either way, I like the Miami numbers, and wish the NCAA would relax their stance for basketball jerseys, because 'Nova's looked really good a few years ago.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I didn't know Kansas was still playing non-conference games. Oregon looked pretty good against them tonight :3

Is that supposed to be some lacking form of sarcasm or do you really not think Mizzou and Kansas are in the same conference?

He was joking that mizzou looked like Oregon

I was half paying attention to some highlights while talking with my girlfriend last night when they showed the Missouri - Kansas game. The first thing I said was "Damn, Oregon has another uniform?" I actually thought it was Oregon at first glance.

BB52Big.jpg

It seems that Mizzou used a different uni than what was revealed. The sleeves don't have the yellow stripe in them and are all yellow. The helmet seems a lot lighter, too, though I guess it's the lighting.

Pretty sure it's the exact same one that was revealed. In the full body picture, you just can't see the gold on the sleeves.

I really loved these though. If Nike's plan was to go out of the box with these, they definitely succeeded with FSU, TCU, and Mizzou. Everyone else was just a modification of their current uni's, or a throwback design. I wouldn't mind seeing a full home/away set in this design for Mizzou, with a little more gold added.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

I like Missouri's uniforms a lot more now that I've seen them in action. Florida's aren't bad either. As for LSU, I love the new/old gold on the helmets; I wouldn't mind a return to that color (although I know that will never happen). The rest of the uniform is mediocre at best (too much white).

LSUUniforms03.jpg

4e103e46c09f8783570a8e6510cc7b0a-getty-91911960js017_missouri_v_ka.jpg

5e2e396dfe95258106d6a6dbb548ce4c-getty-91911960js005_missouri_v_ka.jpg

I actually really liked Mizzou's combat jerseys only change I would make is to make the ''M'' a light gold, that would look great in my opinion.

I think that would totally counter the idea of "stealth". I think they were perfect, though I wouldn't necessarily want them to replace the current helmet just because of tradition. Its pretty exciting to see what kind of innovations can be made in uniform design. I for one have always loved the fact that each year we get a new design from Oregon football. I would love to see more of these Pro Combat unis next year. Hopefully they can continue to push the envelope and go places that we never thought they'd go with uniforms. I think the Mizzou helmet was completely radical and innovative. I never thought I'd see anything like that before. Who knows where they'll take this next year...can't wait to see it.

Archived