Navy's Uni's vs Army

BigMac12

the red symbolizes the marines portion of the naval academy. from what i understand, all cadets take the same courses until their senior year, when/if they decide to go marine, take land tactic courses. so i assume that was better then using white. plus it accents the pants better

Miami.png

IIRC, the story behind the Nike Enforcer uniforms Navy wore against Army last year was that they were based at least somewhat on the Marine Corps dress uniforms. Looks like this year they continued the theme and got a home blue jersey to complete the set.

4179730936_d7d87e42ff_o.jpg

As much as I like the classic black & gold Army uniforms, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed that they're not wearing a road version of the camo Enforcer uniforms they wore a year ago.

Navy is wearing navy jerseys (no pun intended) with what I see as sand colored shoulders with red border vs. Army. I'm not a fan, but the anchor on the sleve makes up for that part.

Go Navy! Beat Army! :D

Look closer. The sleeves are different. One side is the Navy logo, the other side is the logo of the USMC. But from what I can see all the Navy pants have the USMC logo on them. BUT they might be for what ever branch the player is going into, and I just haven't seen any anchor logos.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I know I'm a year late and all but seeing what Navy wore today reminded me of last season. Am I the only one around here who thought that these were cooler than :censored:?

I agree I was kinda dissapointed that Army did not have a special uni. I was hoping for a camo top with black pants and a black helmet with unit stickers on the side. Sure both would be in "dark" tops but I think they would be easy enough to tell apart.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I know I'm a year late and all but seeing what Navy wore today reminded me of last season. Am I the only one around here who thought that these were cooler than :censored:?

army_camo_2008.jpg

One of my favorite football uniforms ever. And, I'm not in the Army so this is based solely on what I've kind of seen around so someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but you do tend to sometimes see Army guys in the camo pants and helmets wearing a black t-shirt, obviously not while in battle, but this uniform really gives them that look, which I think is great.

I'm not in the Army so this is based solely on what I've kind of seen around so someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but you do tend to sometimes see Army guys in the camo pants and helmets wearing a black t-shirt, obviously not while in battle, but this uniform really gives them that look, which I think is great.

Pretty much correct. A lot of spec-ops units and Ranger battalions use a similar setup as a PT uniform; it's also pretty much the uniform setup I and others wear as combatives trainers/instructors.

And...about the digicam football unis...about the only thing that would have made those helmets cooler than they already were is if Nike would have had the foresight to stick cat-eyes on the back of those things. :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

army_camo_2008.jpg

Army's regular uniform set is among my favorites in FBS (they looked even better when they had black numbers on the helmet. Idk why they scrapped that after just 1 season.), but this was just ridiculously awesome. I was actually kind of sad when Army didn't wear a white version of this yesterday. I guess it wouldn't be "uniform protocol" for them, but it would've been nice to see.

But I digress, that uniform was just all sorts of awesome.

Archived