Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

If Mizzou's application to SEC is ?inevitable and imminent,? and the same source is also positive make me think that Slive has convinced his presidents/chancellors to admit them and even Alabama had pull not to move Auburn to the SEC East.

Just to follow up on this.

Missouri could decide on SEC by Thursday.

If Mizzou's application to SEC is "inevitable and imminent," and the same source is also positive make me think that Slive has convinced his presidents/chancellors to admit them and even Alabama had pull not to move Auburn to the SEC East.

What the University of Missouri decides does not really matter!

What the 12 current SEC universities decide IS what matters.

If Mizzou's application to SEC is "inevitable and imminent," and the same source is also positive make me think that Slive has convinced his presidents/chancellors to admit them and even Alabama had pull not to move Auburn to the SEC East.

What the University of Missouri decides does not really matter!

Unless they decide not to apply... then it kind of does matter what they decided.

6fQjS3M.png

With Alabama seemingly on board, it appears they're going to be approved and Mizzou wants to go to the SEC, so it's more than likely a done deal.

Uhg. Sad day for the Big 10 and their arrogance. They let a golden goose slip away.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

With Alabama seemingly on board, it appears they're going to be approved and Mizzou wants to go to the SEC, so it's more than likely a done deal.

Uhg. Sad day for the Big 10 and their arrogance. They let a golden goose slip away.

And Mizzou fans everywhere thank 'em for that. :)

Golden Goose? Its Mizzou. A fine school that would be an ok addition but they aren't making huge waves. Just cause they are the best school that's in flux doesn't mean much when those other schools are Louisville, Boise State, or Army.

They make sense but they already got the Golden Goose in all of this with Nebraska.

And Mizzou fans everywhere thank 'em for that. :)

I dunno. I still think Mizzou would prefer being a top basketball and football program in the Big 10 as opposed to a top basketball program and middle of the pack football program in the SEC. Not to mention, the immediate financial impact would be greater with the Big 10 as opposed to the SEC.

As for the "golden goose" comment... sure... I would consider them a golden goose. Perennial ranked teams in both basketball and football, keeping the rivalry with Nebraska, as well as bringing in the Kansas City and St. Louis markets. I'd say its pretty golden.

Fine... Mizzou is a Golden Tiger, not a goose.

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

[What the University of Missouri decides does not really matter!

Unless they decide not to apply... then it kind of does matter what they decided.

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Although I don't put it past the Mizzou administration to run the fool's errand, I have to believe they would not be moving forward with an application to the SEC without reasonable assurance that there is sufficient if not unanimous approval forthcoming from the SEC side. If they are engaging in this effort in a terribly haphazard manner then they are doing considerable damage to the university's already-scuffed reputation in the world of intercollegiate athletics. That's just outright malfeasance and the basis for removal from office which I believe is without historic precedent at the University of Missouri.

I dunno. I still think Mizzou would prefer being a top basketball and football program in the Big 10 as opposed to a top basketball program and middle of the pack football program in the SEC. Not to mention, the immediate financial impact would be greater with the Big 10 as opposed to the SEC.

As for the "golden goose" comment... sure... I would consider them a golden goose. Perennial ranked teams in both basketball and football, keeping the rivalry with Nebraska, as well as bringing in the Kansas City and St. Louis markets. I'd say its pretty golden.

The recruiting and money they'd get from the SEC is far greater than the B1G.

The recruiting and money they'd get from the SEC is far greater than the B1G.

Recruiting... maybe (probably). Money... debatable. It all depends on the terms the SEC sets up and if they can swindle the same way the Big 10 did, which could be difficult with the economy - even though College Football is a cash crop.