Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

GabeDeArmond and Dave_Matter are the Missouri guys and GSwaim is a Big XII guy. Then they often retweet other guys who follow closely though I haven't personally followed them since I end up seeing them anyway.

And evidently there's some talks of Notre Dame joining the Big XII for everything but football. Doesn't seem of high likelihood, probably just ND looking for a way out of the Big East.

You have to realize that ESPN doesn't want Missouri to leave the Big XII, so of course they're going to report on all the positive things that happen between the Big XII and Missouri. They left a lot out about what happened at the meeting yesterday and reported on what seemed like Missouri was staying. As I've said before, I have a source that comes from Big XII country as well and I've been hearing very similar things as McCall. When it's all said and done, I'll be completely surprised if Mizzou isn't sitting in the SEC.

Dude, what the hell are we gonna do when this is all over?

With West Virginia and TCU joining the Big XII, the Big East MUST be stripped of their automatic BCS bid. As of this now, that conference is no better than the WAC.

That's why I believe even more that the rumor of them merging with MWC and C-USA is true, that's if they'll even take what's left of the Big East.

With West Virginia and TCU joining the Big XII, the Big East MUST be stripped of their automatic BCS bid. As of this now, that conference is no better than the WAC.

No, it's arguably worse. Time to pull the plug.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I'm just waiting for when these schools realize being in these 14-16 team "superconferences" isn't all it's cracked up to be and start looking for greener pastures.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I'm just waiting for when these schools realize being in these 14-16 team "superconferences" isn't all it's cracked up to be and start looking for greener pastures.

Well, there is always going to be the plateau affect, no matter the topic or subject. That could be what these conferences are reluctant about. It seems the 12-14 range is a for-sure increase in revenue from TV, marketing, bowls, etc. However, the jump from 14-15/16 may not be as certain as the jump from 12-14.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Just in case no one's heard, Missouri and SEC Officials are meeting right now in Birmingham to discuss Missouri's move. The hope is that they can announce Missouri as the 14th team this week, especially before the game against Texas A&M on Saturday. That all being said, Missouri isn't expected to join the SEC until the 2013 school year, however I'm sure that can change.

Pathetically, there's actually serious talk of the Big Least, Conference USA, and Mountain West merging into a 32-team conference. No, I am not making this up. Boise State and Houston need to get the hell out while they can.

I posted that Boston Globe story, with the full details over the weekend.

Pathetically, there's actually serious talk of the Big Least, Conference USA, and Mountain West merging into a 32-team conference. No, I am not making this up. Boise State and Houston need to get the hell out while they can.

The Big Leftovers Conference

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The Conference of Forgotten Schools

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The Conference of Forgotten Schools

The Conference That Will Mount the Orange Bowl

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Big Mess.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.