Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

Butler just joined the A-10, I think its only a matter of time till VCU & Mason join & they'll have to get one more school to make it an even 16 due to UNC Charlotte leaving as well.

If they can, the A-10 should try to get North Alabama, if they aren't already taken. It would give them a southern fanbase, and a relatively large one at that.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Butler just joined the A-10, I think its only a matter of time till VCU & Mason join & they'll have to get one more school to make it an even 16 due to UNC Charlotte leaving as well.

If they can, the A-10 should try to get North Alabama, if they aren't already taken. It would give them a southern fanbase, and a relatively large one at that.

You actually believe the A-10 should take an institution which just started their six year plan to become a Division 1 school when there is little indication that they can handle it financially over the course of season, less the $1.4M needed to apply to move up?

When they both moved up, Idaho was the better program.

On the field head-to-head, they were. In every other capacity, BSU was better. Idaho's outdated facilities, shoestring budget, and tiny 16,000-seat stadium are not generally harbingers for success at the FBS level. This should have been obvious at the time, but the Idaho state government was full of UI grads who were desperate to keep up with Boise State, so they allowed it despite all the built-in disadvantages. Now, UI is in the position of either somehow pulling half a million dollars out of their ass to renovate the Kibbie Dome with little-to-no help from the state, or finally admitting defeat and moving down to FCS.

Meanwhile, BSU has been fortunate enough to rise to the FBS level at a time when their market underwent a major increase in population, creating a bigger market for the school's athletics programs, especially football. This has allowed them to raise money, upgrade the stadium and facilities numerous times, gain a distinct recruiting advantage over UI, and ultimately survive as a successful FBS program. They've also been fortunate enough to generally hire the right people and have plenty of success on the field of play. A couple bad bounces here and there and they could also be in the position of basically having to move down alongside Idaho.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

You actually believe the A-10 should take an institution which just started their six year plan to become a Division 1 school when there is little indication that they can handle it financially over the course of season, less the $1.4M needed to apply to move up?

Not to mention North Alabama is a football school and the damn Conference doesn't even support football.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Not to mention North Alabama is a football school and the damn Conference doesn't even support football.

I gave bigger importance to the fact that UNA is still D-II as more important since they must add a 13th and 14th sport to attain D-I status since they currently just have 12.

I gave bigger importance to the fact that UNA is still D-II as more important since they must add a 13th and 14th sport to attain D-I status since they currently just have 12.

They are already planning on moving up http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/2011-06-14-north-alabama-division-I_n.htm

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

They are already planning on moving up http://www.usatoday....ivision-I_n.htm

And you failed to look at my original reply to your North Alabama thought since it had the university's own timeline, if they can actually afford it.

They are already planning on moving up http://www.usatoday....ivision-I_n.htm

And you failed to look at my original reply to your North Alabama thought since it had the university's own timeline, if they can actually afford it.

I saw that, but you contradicted yourself. Your last reply implied that UNA can't go D1 because they will have to add more sports, but they already have a plan to do that. Unless you think that the A-10 should be worried about whether or not they can go through with there plan. The A-10 is not going to go to 16 teams this year (at least I don't think so). If UNA proves that they can make the jump, they would be a great addition within the next few years.

Except for the "They are a football school" thing.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

New rumors coming out about Florida State and Clemson to the Big XII

http://saturdayblitz.com/2012/05/04/clemson-and-florida-state-to-big-12-conference-rumors-run-rampant/

Florida State I can understand, but Clemson :blink:

On the other hand, FSU has got a good deal going on with the ACC, so does Clemson, I just don't see it happening.

Edited by rvrdgsfn

baltimoreravens.png

If FSU leaves for the BIG 12 does that mean USF might possibly take their spot in the ACC!?

I suspect the ACC would just revert to 12.

Today, we are all otaku.

I think FSU will do what it takes to leave the ACC. They were not happy at all when the ACC added Syracuse and Pitt. They wanted to use those spots for stronger football programs. Word is the Noles are pushing the adding of Notre Dame. If that don't happen, they are out. I want the Big 12 bad. Texas, Oklahoma, and West Virgnia has rivalry potential.

FSU was the leading school which placed the ACC exit fee at about $20M, as opposed to $30-35M, so that is where I can see them leaving. However, for the Big XII, switching out Mizzou and aTm for FSU and Clemson is essentially a trade of equals, if not worse as Big XII schools will have a greater desire to recruit on FL and SC. Both really want that? And add that Texas and OU will still earn more money than the other members.

aTm underperforms as at Clemsonesque levels with the recruiting base and FSU needs to look in the mirror first if they want more competitive football. Wake Forest has won the ACC more recently than they have.