Trade Logo help needed

cyandlux

This has to be the first time I have let someone tell me basically what they wanted from the start. >>>

isy.jpg

The idea is one world connected and in this case by a ribbon. The end of the ribbon points to Mexico which is where the company is based. I need a direction. I'm pretty stuck right now. I don't know if I should go in and show the fold and highlights or add something more ornate. It is a trade company somewhat based on fair trade. Thats about all I can say....anything could help. Thanks before hand.

***Note*** If your country isn't represented correctly remember it is a simplification. It does get difficult going from Japan to Australia so I used the Philippines and New Guinea to get down. If you have a legitimate design concern thats cool, if you want to say I didn't correctly identify East Timor....well, I can honestly say I didn't even try to (my brother was in the Peace Corp there).

• 2 weeks later...

***Note*** If your country isn't represented correctly remember it is a simplification. It does get difficult going from Japan to Australia so I used the Philippines and New Guinea to get down. If you have a legitimate design concern thats cool, if you want to say I didn't correctly identify East Timor....well, I can honestly say I didn't even try to (my brother was in the Peace Corp there).

First, I like how it's rendered. The ribbon idea is pretty good and I like the organic, almost smoke-like shapes of continents. If nothing else, it's simply visiually pleasing. I don't see what you mean about the ribbon pointing to Mexico though. When it makes it all the way around, it's point at British Columbia in Canada.

If it's a loosely-based-on-Fair-Trade organization, is there some way you can incorporate an equals sign in there? (That's a Fair Trade symbol, right?)

Also, I understand simplification, but it's really a stretch from Asia to Australia. With the ribbon going over the top of all the continents, the mind "fills in" the land areas and as long as that goes unbroken it looks like there's a continent larger than Asia to Asia's east and south and none of it looks remotely like the Philippines or Japan or Indonesia, let alone Australia.

As far as the whole thing goes, I like A the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived