Sign in to follow this  
Bucfan56

Fresno State Bowl Patch Placement

So instead of wearing the bowl patch on the front of their jersey off to the side, Fresno State is wearing their bowl patch on their nameplates in place of player names. Not so sure I like it, but it's an interesting idea. I don't have a picture, but the game is on ESPN right now. What do you all feel about this? Upcoming design trend, or a flash in the pan?

Personally, I think it looks terrible. Put on a NOB. Or if not, leave the space blank. Or, if you absolutely must, put a team logo on there. Only if you must.

Bowl logos go on the front of the jersey. No one else needed to do this, to this point. Wyoming looks relatively classy in this game, and their patch is where it is supposed to go. Fresno looks bush league here...and the aesthetics gods payed them back for it with the wackiness that was a pair of botched 4th down conversions in extra time, and a loss. My two cents.

This isn't the first time Fresno has done this with their New Mexico Bowl patches. Interestingly enough, they also did this last year in their loss to Colorado State.

4198381785_5d940a1417_o.jpg

Didnt look half as bad as the Fresno State helmets...absolute clutter/decal overload.

200912191710618052829-p2-660x660.jpg

I think if Wyoming would have worn white pants, they would have looked pretty good.

..........and yeah, Fresno State has way too much sticker action on those helmets.

Didnt look half as bad as the Fresno State helmets...absolute clutter/decal overload.

200912191710618052829-p2-660x660.jpg

Yes and what was with the green "V" on the back of their helmets?

Yes and what was with the green "V" on the back of their helmets?

The green V represents the San Joaquin Valley. Fresno is a major city in the valley.

I think if Wyoming would have worn white pants, they would have looked pretty good.

Agreed.

I generally can't stand white helmets with colored pants (assuming it's a colored top also). Its especially bad when it's another light color. Similarly, Silver helmets with white pants or the reverse looks awkward.

Wyoming needs white pants or yellow helmets.

Agreed.

I generally can't stand white helmets with colored pants (assuming it's a colored top also). Its especially bad when it's another light color. Similarly, Silver helmets with white pants or the reverse looks awkward.

Wyoming needs white pants or yellow helmets.

Well they do have them. According to the team website they will only wear white/brown/white for big home games. Seen here against BYU

19sports_11-08-09.jpg