NFL 2010-2011

bowld

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do believe the Cowboys were putting off their 50th anniversary celebration as well, so as to not detract from the AFL 50th celebration. I would imagine they will be doing something.

Hopefully they'll wear the greyish-blue jerseys from the 60's or 70's, which they should be wearing full time IMO.

can the bills just go throwbacks full time already?

And give up the ugliest uniforms in the history of The NFL? Why would they want to do that? :D

Seriously though, why they haven't already is beyond explanation.

Because that standing buffalo is dated. Seriously, I'm fine with the jersey, I'm fine with the pants but that helmet needs to stay in the past. I simply don't get the appeal of the standing buffalo at all.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

And give up the ugliest uniforms in the history of The NFL? Why would they want to do that? :D

Because that standing buffalo is dated. Seriously, I'm fine with the jersey, I'm fine with the pants but that helmet needs to stay in the past. I simply don't get the appeal of the standing buffalo at all.

Agreed. Stick the current logo on the white helmets and call it a day.

I almost completely agree with Discrimihater, except of course for the grey facemasks, which are also dated.

Can we make a list of teams who we can be sure aren't getting

new unis?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Bills should go with a "modern throwback" look. They have several elements of their current throwbacks that would not fly in 2010.

Go with royal blue, white and red as your colors. Go with the white throwback pants. Add in a blue pair, with the same striping. Go with a similar blue jersey to the throwback (different striping and possibly a slightly different number font). Major change would be the helmet, which should go to BLUE. We already have enough white helmet teams in the league and already have 2 others in the AFC East. I beleive the Giants are the only team in the league using a blue helmet (not counting the navy blue teams). Put the current helmet logo on the blue helmet (the current logo still works and is linked to the winning days of the franchise) with the same helmet striping used on the pants. White facemask (grey facemask again, would be pointless).

This look would have several "throwback" elements (colors, white pants, simple uniform design) with several "modern" elements (brand new helmet color and blue pants).

Plus anything would be better compared to what they have been wearing.

As it stands right now, they're one of only two teams who use a red helmet, so I don't see the need for a change there. A modernized version of the throwback set would be fine, with the existing red helmet. I'd even go with blue pants on the road, since they kind of lay claim to the red-white-blue theme now. They just have to lose the sleeve stripes on the jerseys. There's a million other things they could do there that would work better with modern templates.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I would expect Atlanta to drop the throwback uniform and bring back the black alternates. They did not wear black jerseys or black pants all year.

Based on the fan response to the throwbacks and throwback gear, I'd imagine the throwback black would replace the black alt fulltime.

With the new Meadowlands Stadium opening I would expect the Jets and the Giants to have new patches on their jerseys for that.

I really wish the Jets would dump the Titans jerseys...I think people are pretty much sick of them. I would rather see the '63 Jet make a comeback or the old 80's uniforms.

70389454.png

Yeah the Bills' jerseys are pretty awful. The Bungles have some pretty bad ones too. It seems like Cincinnati tried to incorporate elements of all the other teams' uniforms they liked into one. i see shades of the Titans, Seahawks, and Patriots.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Bills should go with a "modern throwback" look. They have several elements of their current throwbacks that would not fly in 2010.

Go with royal blue, white and red as your colors. Go with the white throwback pants. Add in a blue pair, with the same striping. Go with a similar blue jersey to the throwback (different striping and possibly a slightly different number font). Major change would be the helmet, which should go to BLUE. We already have enough white helmet teams in the league and already have 2 others in the AFC East. I beleive the Giants are the only team in the league using a blue helmet (not counting the navy blue teams). Put the current helmet logo on the blue helmet (the current logo still works and is linked to the winning days of the franchise) with the same helmet striping used on the pants. White facemask (grey facemask again, would be pointless).

This look would have several "throwback" elements (colors, white pants, simple uniform design) with several "modern" elements (brand new helmet color and blue pants).

Plus anything would be better compared to what they have been wearing.

Should the Bills ever change uniforms next season, I'd like to see the return of these:

fb_AAHO181_8x10.jpg

I wish the broncos use the current orange jerseys as the primary

Steelers go back to the block numerals

Browns dump the brown pants forever

chargers replace the current powder blue with the old school powder blues but i don't think that will happen.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

new unis?

Packers

While a new template isn't really a new uni, since the collar stripes are different, the shoulder number font is different, the NOB looks a little different, and the sleeve stripes are truncated more, you could make a case that it is technically a new uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

new unis?

Packers

While a new template isn't really a new uni, since the collar stripes are different, the shoulder number font is different, the NOB looks a little different, and the sleeve stripes are truncated more, you could make a case that it is technically a new uniform.

Yeah, with the new template, any team that insists on holding on to their 60's/70's era stripes (Steelers, Browns, Packers, Bears) may come out looking like a new uniform.

Archived