Football Field Template - Photoshop

Darth Brooks

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure, perhaps since you are very new some of the features are not fully enabled yet?

He does have an impressive diagram (the hashmarks are a bit long, but the dimensions on the flickr acct are accurate (I'm a High School and Junior College Ref. I should know ^_^ )

I have a Paint/Photoshop version as well, a touch larger that I am working on for all NFL teams (and selected college teams Michigan, Arizona State, Arizona I have a PAC-10 Big-10 bias).

The link is over on the paint template tread on this board.

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

I figured out how to contact other members. Thanks for your help. I have a question that maybe you answer. In adding the logos and other stuff on the field, are you adding layers? For example, if I wanted to add the NFL logo, would I create a layer and then merge it onto the field? I have Photoshop elements 8 and I am still learning how it works.

By the way, I noticed you live in Glendale, AZ. I live in Glendale, CA. Thanks fellow Glendaleian. :D

Not sure, perhaps since you are very new some of the features are not fully enabled yet?

He does have an impressive diagram (the hashmarks are a bit long, but the dimensions on the flickr acct are accurate (I'm a High School and Junior College Ref. I should know ^_^ )

I have a Paint/Photoshop version as well, a touch larger that I am working on for all NFL teams (and selected college teams Michigan, Arizona State, Arizona I have a PAC-10 Big-10 bias).

The link is over on the paint template tread on this board.

Yep,

Just create a layer to add the logos. I use a pixel of about 5% to make the grass effect in photoshop. Looks very realistic in my eyes. Pixelize and add each logo seperate or it will over do the effect and it will wash out the details. (The numbers where the hardest to do, and the adjusting the sideline restraining lines and team boxes where the ext hardest.)

There is a "Blank" template I created in the paint templates thread(no grass and the sidelines in black and gold) that is how I did mine. Just use an approprite green (or shades of green if making a two-toned field) add the diagram to the layer, and change the black to white, add the logos, and pixelize. It's quite stunning :D

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Making football field renderings isn't too difficult in photoshop. When my school was looking for ideas for their new turf, I threw this at 'em. Would have been a HELLUVA lot better than that atrocious blood rug they're putting in at Eastern Washington.

Only things wrong here are the X's are supposed to be on the 30, and the sideline from 25-25 should be white.

wxr56vtmorfstkukmrd.png

I'm in no condition to post...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!

44432582326267196666.png

Mr. Darth Brooks,

Hi, I downloaded your photoshop football field template. I was wondering if you could tell me how to upload the logos onto the midfield and the endzones. I'm using photoshop elements 8. I love your work. The fields look like the real NFL fields.

Thanks,

LAsportsfan

I think the last time I saw "Mr. Darth Brooks" it was a credit card application. I've been away for awhile (offseason, was working on other things) and hadn't noticed this.

The easy way to bring a logo is to copy it to into one of the folders, either "field Graphics" or "Yard lines" folder. Then re-size it and angle it if you want.

If you put it in the "Field Graphics" folder the yard lines will show through. If you put it in the "yard lines" folder then they won't. Make sure that the logo is at the top of the folder. Both of them have enough transparency that the grass texture should show through.

232n9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

/\/\/\ I wouldn't have a clue on starting that.

Thanks for your help, Mr. Brooks. (Can I call you Darth) I wanted to call you Mr. to give you the proper respect for doing this. :D

Anyway, a friend of mine on other website related to electric football http://www.miniaturefootball.com/forum/index.php saw your post. He said he was really impressed with your work.

Do you have a link to that post?

/\/\/\ I wouldn't have a clue on starting that.

Thanks for your help, Mr. Brooks. (Can I call you Darth) I wanted to call you Mr. to give you the proper respect for doing this. :D

Anyway, a friend of mine on other website related to electric football http://www.miniaturefootball.com/forum/index.php saw your post. He said he was really impressed with your work.

Do you have a link to that post?

here is the link http://www.miniaturefootball.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16610

• 1 year later...

Archived