Super Bowl Jersey Match Up!

sharplcd

And for only the second time in Super Bowl history, you can flip the image of the two side-by-side logos horizontally and still have it display correctly.

250px-Super_Bowl_V.svg.png

329.gif406.gif

Interesting how both involve the Colts. They must be the only AFC franchise with a symmetrical logo.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody know what they are planning for the field since the Pro Bowl is down in Miami this year during the off week? I guess they could go with a minimal approach for the Pro Bowl, highly unlikely since it's the showcase for some of the All-Stars who are willing to participate or they could use the same approach as the Rose Bowl did and replace the entire field between games. I'd hate to see a Super Bowl with the field art painted over the Pro Bowl field with logos bleeding through like we sometimes see at college bowl games and NFL stadiums that share the facility with a college team or play host to a rivalry game.

Anybody know what they are planning for the field since the Pro Bowl is down in Miami this year during the off week? I guess they could go with a minimal approach for the Pro Bowl, highly unlikely since it's the showcase for some of the All-Stars who are willing to participate or they could use the same approach as the Rose Bowl did and replace the entire field between games. I'd hate to see a Super Bowl with the field art painted over the Pro Bowl field with logos bleeding through like we sometimes see at college bowl games and NFL stadiums that share the facility with a college team or play host to a rivalry game.

I guarantee you that the field for the Super Bowl will look impeccable. The single biggest sporting even in the world will not be relegated to looking amateurish.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

I guarantee you that the field for the Super Bowl will look impeccable. The single biggest sporting even in the world will not be relegated to looking amateurish.

Not to mention there's a week between both games. Super Bowl Sunday is a de-facto holiday in the US, and the NFL absolutely will have a fresh field ready to go.

And for only the second time in Super Bowl history, you can flip the image of the two side-by-side logos horizontally and still have it display correctly.

329.gif406.gif

Interesting how both involve the Colts. They must be the only AFC franchise with a symmetrical logo.

Pretty easy to understand why this is so rare. You can only do this with 3 teams in the NFL: Colts, Saints and Cowboys.

6uXNWAo.png

329.gif406.gif

Pretty easy to understand why this is so rare. You can only do this with 3 teams in the NFL: Colts, Saints and Cowboys.

What would the Bengals be considered?

329.gif406.gif

The Bengals, assuming they use the "B," would work symmetrically on a vertical scale, but usually symmetry applies horizontally.

329.gif406.gif

The Bengals, assuming they use the "B," would work symmetrically on a vertical scale, but usually symmetry applies horizontally.

Actually, I was thinkin' of their helmet stripes and folding them in half.

329.gif406.gif

Actually, I was thinkin' of their helmet stripes and folding them in half.

Oh, didn't even think of that. I guess that would work, too.

I was thinking the same thing.

From a logo perspective, this may be the best-looking Super Bowl in history.

593.gif907.gif

That's what I meant by symmetrical

I was thinking the same thing.

From a logo perspective, this may be the best-looking Super Bowl in history.

593.gif907.gif

That's what I meant by symmetrical

Hi Mr. Krabs. You should make the Krusty Krab's logo symmetrical as well because then it would fit in with other fast food symmetrical logos such as the Golden Arches for McDonald's and Taco Bell's old logo sans typeface.

Saints white on black and the Colts blue on white look would make for an awesome-looking game IMO.

/thread

if the Saints wear black pants then both teams are in their best unis

i dont think anything will ever top Buccs/Raiders "pirate battle" super bowl though. that was just epic

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Reported on ESPN this morning that the Saints and Colts ARE concerned about the playing surface after the Pro Bowl is played there this Sunday especially if there is damp weather this week. The NFL said that the field itself will not be replaced, just the sod in the endzones.

Reported on ESPN this morning that the Saints and Colts ARE concerned about the playing surface after the Pro Bowl is played there this Sunday especially if there is damp weather this week. The NFL said that the field itself will not be replaced, just the sod in the endzones.

So, that suggests a minimally-decorated field of play for the Pro Bowl -- probably just a big NFL shield at the 50 and those tiny ones near one sideline at the 20s. The end zones is where you'll have one AFC red and one NFC blue, with the Pro Bowl logo there.

That way, they keep the field clean in order to add SB logos at the 30s along with changing out the end zones.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Here is an excerpt from an article on MiamiDolphins.com:

With the final bit of painting, mowing, watering and fertilization going on, Mangan and his crew now get to see how the grass holds up to some of the show rehearsals and other event preparation that will take place on the field and then they will jump back out there and spruce up the paint and the rest of the field. Once the Pro Bowl ends, both end zones will be removed and replaced with fresh sod and then painted with the names of the two participating teams ? the Colts and Saints. The Pro Bowl logos on the field and the sod they sit on also will be replaced with the Super Bowl XLIV logo.

Here is a link to the entire article:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/sun-life-stadium-getting-facelift-pro-bowl-and-super-bowl

BwZsPH2.jpg

My problem with the Saints whi/blk is that for players that don't tuck in their jerseys, it gives them a top-heavy look, i.e. it makes their legs look too short.

drew-brees-5.jpg

And if they go back to stripes, it should be these, not the 2-foot wide one from the Rickey Williams-era. They still desperately need to darken the gold pants to match the color of the jersey numbers on the black jerseys.

big_Archie%20Manning01.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

No, teams can opt out and wear white. The '05 Steelers wore white in the Super Bowl because they'd won the last three postseason games on the road, forcing Seattle into the monochromes.

EDIT: whoa, we've now had two rotations of Patriots-Steelers-Colts. ew.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just reported in WDSU 6 news in New Orleans that Colts will wear their blue jerseys and white pants and the Saints will wear their white jerseys with their gold pants.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived