Super Bowl Jersey Match Up!

sharplcd

So it's official. The Colts and Saints will be playing each other in this year's Super Bowl. Seeing as the Steelers wore white last year, and the AFC team is the designated home team this year, we will most likely see the Colts blue jerseys against the Saints white jerseys.

drew-brees-peyton-manningjpg-d6b64c87bd031824_medium.jpg

So what do you guys think. Would you prefer Saints black vs. Colts white? Is this the best uniform matchup in a while? Give me your thoughts.

Also, if anyone can find a better photo, that'd be great.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, Saints need their gold pants, to add some more color in the game. Their gold contrasting against the Colts' royal will look good. I'd normally prefer the Saints in black over gold, but then we'd have the Colts in all white, which I'm not a big fan of.

As for if it's the best looking game in a while, I can't really agree with that, as I'm not a fan of the Colts plain-ass uniforms. I'd say that 39 was a good match up, but that's because I'm more in to the contemporary looks. I thought that last year was good, due to the contrast in styles and the colors.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd like to see the Saints bust out the gold jerseys with the black pants for the Superbowl and the Colts with the blue jerseys and white pants. Though unlikely, that'd make a heck of a uni match up.

BTW, there are a buncha pics from the 2007 regular season opener between the Colts and Saints here.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Colts weating blue jersey in Super Bowl: 0-1

Colts wearing white jersey in Super Bowl: 2-0

Will superstition have the Colts choose white over blue, or will they ignore history and wear their traditional homes?

If they go blue, this is the only response the saints should have:

061005_colston_vmed_4p.widec.jpg

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I think the gold pants are clearly the best look for the Saints.

My own view is that Superbowl teams should have to wear either there designated home or road uniform with no alternates allowed at all. The designated home team would get to pick between their home or road uniform, but other than that it shouldn't be a choice.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

After seeing the Saints wear gold pants at home yesterday (I had been fearing the all-black look all week), I have faith that they will wear gold pants again in the Super Bowl. On a day when you have the chance to establish the lasting image of your franchise, you can't mess around and wear stupid, gimmicky uniforms (I'm looking at you, leotards).

Saints in white jerseys for SB44 is a win as long as it's with the gold pants, not the black.

That mustard collar on their black uni bugs me to no end!

Drives me nuts, too.

All the more reason for them to return to white numerals with gold outline.

I was wondering why they can't just match it up with the rest of the set. You would imagine that in this day and age that someone can come up with a way to match up colors on various fabrics and materials together...but apparently not. My other thought was that it could also be a way to make the numbers more visibile. IOW, if they did go with the lighter gold color on the numbers it would wash out against the white outline. So they probably went with a darker shade to make them stand out. Just a guess, but that being said it looks bad IMO.

you can't mess around and wear stupid, gimmicky uniforms (I'm looking at you, leotards).

Gimmicky? Huh??

Last time I checked, the solid black pants have been a part of the regular Saints uniforms for many years now. So, those aren't "gimmick" uniforms.

"Gimmick" uniforms would be a team wearing a throwback uniform (like the 49ers did many years ago) in the SB.

That being said, I am sure the Saints will wear the gold pants with the white jersey's for SB 44. They only wore the black pants once all year with the white jersey (a win at St. Louis), so they will probably ride the gold pants again.

Archived