Super Bowl XLV Logo

sonks

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a side note, I saw Colts jerseys with burnt orange and navy blue side stripes on them today. I take it those are just commemorative jerseys that won't actually be used in the game correct?

Yeah, it's just special for the Super Bowl. I remember seeing some of these when it was in Tampa last year.

nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-hines-ward-86-06.jpg

On a side note, I saw Colts jerseys with burnt orange and navy blue side stripes on them today. I take it those are just commemorative jerseys that won't actually be used in the game correct?

Yeah, it's just special for the Super Bowl. I remember seeing some of these when it was in Tampa last year.

nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-hines-ward-86-06.jpg

oh good God almighty. WTH? :o:puke:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Oh, there isn't ANY coffee of any kind in our household...my wife and I are part of the one percent of the Earth's population that finds coffee and all coffee-related products absolutely disgusting.

:P

You're not alone. I get weird looks like I'm from Mars when I tell people I hate coffee and never drink it...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

they do those ridiculous super bowl jerseys every year - at least they have since xxxix. I've yet to see anyone actually wearing one, and I'm not sure why on earth anyone would actually purchase one.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Those are complete abominations - worse than the Super Bowl XLII replicas that you still see at Pats games that make everybody wince and remember 18-1. At least those were somewhat tasteful and the logo colors didn't take up half the uniform. This year, they've managed to make the Colts and Saints uniforms look the exact same apart from number color and team logo.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I saw a Drew Brees version of this at the sports shop in the mall here in St. Petersburg.

p7262674dt.jpg

Here's the Peyton Manning version.

p7262719dt.jpg

Almost as ridiculous as those red QB practice replicas.

The NFL can pretty much pull any idea out of their ass, plaster it on NFLShop.com, and sell 'em to idiot fans like hotcakes.

6uXNWAo.png

The Super Bowl XLV logo in Madden 10 is very nice, IMO. Can't find any pics though.

Here's another one I found with a quick google search.

SUperBowlXLV-1.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Anyone know anything about this? It's on the Dallas cowboy website as well

http://cdn.bleacherr...xlv_feature.jpg

All host committees have their own logo. It's always different than the actual game logo. That's just a logo for the group that's putting on the show, so to speak.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Super Bowl XLV logo in Madden 10 is very nice, IMO. Can't find any pics though.

Not a pic, but you can kinda see it in this video.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ZeU8kRnwzjA

Somewhat difficult to tell, but I believe it's 'XLV' plastered over the Lone Star State. Couldn't really distinguish the colors though.

Yea that's exactly what it is.

It's red, blue, silver, and white; i believe.

I brought my Brownies to the Super Bowl vs. the Falcons [2 teams that have never made the Super Bowl.]

And we won haha.

This is the season after I made Andy Reid my headcoach, Crennel my D-Cor., and Terry Robiskie my O-Cor.

Picked up Mike Jenkins that same off-season, as well as Lance Moore, and Leon Washington.

Ended up trading Shaun Rodgers to the Panthers for Jon Stewart. Also ended up trading for Mike Wallace, and Malcolm Jenkins.

Basically I traded half the team, picked up a bunch of guys, and Mike Vick is back to prominence. haha.

But that's way off topic, sorry about that.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Somewhat difficult to tell, but I believe it's 'XLV' plastered over the Lone Star State. Couldn't really distinguish the colors though.

I brought my Brownies to the Super Bowl vs. the Falcons [2 teams that have never made the Super Bowl.]

And we won haha.

This is the season after I made Andy Reid my headcoach, Crennel my D-Cor., and Terry Robiskie my O-Cor.

Picked up Mike Jenkins that same off-season, as well as Lance Moore, and Leon Washington.

Ended up trading Shaun Rodgers to the Panthers for Jon Stewart. Also ended up trading for Mike Wallace, and Malcolm Jenkins.

Basically I traded half the team, picked up a bunch of guys, and Mike Vick is back to prominence. haha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXXIII

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

And we won haha.

http://en.wikipedia....per_Bowl_XXXIII

Yeah, but were they really there?

Can you really ever be there with Chris Chandler as your QB?

They were so bad that I couldn't remember if it was Chris Chandler or Chris Miller. Possibly the worst team to be in the 'Bowl in my lifetime of watching football (I don't count the '85 Patriots, because while I watched the game, I didn't know anything about how good or bad they were.) Even those teams that the 49ers and Redskins killed were still good teams that just happened to get blown up in the big game.

It's fun rooting for the underdog sometimes, but how much more fun would that game have been had Randall and the Vikings made it?

Archived