Super Bowl XLV Logo

sonks

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're referring to the use of the term 'logo system,' the Super Bowl has used a logo system for years. It simply means the package of logos that are to be used on various media representing the game. For example, there will be a full color logo, a one-color logo, a logo with the location, a logo with the date, a logo with both, a style guide with various graphics and colors that designers are supposed to use to accent the logo, etc. You know, a 'logo system.' I don't think it will be a template logo incorporating the NFL shield and numerals that can be changed each year. That would surprise me. The NFL goes all-out for it's biggest event.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

"I like my sugar with coffee and cream."

--Beastie Boys--

Sometimes I wonder if there's an age limit on listening to the Beastie Boys. Too bad there's not an age limit on being in the Beastie Boys.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Perhaps this means a standardized Super Bowl logo incorporating the NFL shield, Roman numerals, and Arabic numerals whose colors can be changed each year.

Don't you mean Roman numerals? :blink:

Well, yeah, he said Roman and Arabic numerals. People tend to forget that our numbers (1234567890) are Arabic numerals.

I was under the impression that logos cannot contain the Lombardi Trophy or the NFL shield. Either way, how bad is this tall monstrosity going to look flanked on either side of the field during the actual game.

Oh and of course the stadium is a part of the design.

As someone who has never seen a Super Bowl logo he did not like (including the recent ones), this is without a doubt the worst one I have ever seen.

dolphins2.png

The Logo on the ball Staubach was holding in the video looks much more simplified.

Might not be that bad.

You can see how the 'system' is going to pan out though. Switch the stadium and the Roman numerals each year.

Generic,and much less creative in the long run.

Need to see the rest of the package, but so far, not good. It's just too busy, what with all the stadium details and shadows. The recent logos, whether you like them or not, have kind of an iconic look to them. They're relatively simple, look good "flat", and for the most part, focus on the roman numerals. This is totally the opposite. I'll need to see the "flat" version, but I can't imagine it's too much better..

Whoever said that maybe the NFL is coming up with one logo to just reproduce every year might be on to something. The only thing that would have to change is what's behind the trophy, so they could very easily do that each season.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

<sarcasm> Uhhhh... nice poster... Where's the logo? </sarcasm>

Wow. Wow... Even if you flatten the image and take all the gradients out, it's STILL way too fu*king busy...

Wow.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived