Super Bowl XLV Logo

sonks

Sbxlv.png

Be interesting to see how they work all those gradients into the turf...

If they had Arnold Schwarzenegger with sunglasses and a black leather jacket next to it, then it would just complete the look.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was under the impression that logos cannot contain the Lombardi Trophy or the NFL shield. Either way, how bad is this tall monstrosity going to look flanked on either side of the field during the actual game.

Oh and of course the stadium is a part of the design.

As someone who has never seen a Super Bowl logo he did not like (including the recent ones), this is without a doubt the worst one I have ever seen.

Mark Waller, the NFL's Chief Marketing Officer, did not give that impression in his introduction today. I would not be surprised if they revert to having this at the 50, like they did in the mid-90's

This "permanent core design" will have regional variations with each successive game. The stadium was obvious in this case.

I went to look at past Champions League Final logos and they are based the same way.

The Logo on the ball Staubach was holding in the video looks much more simplified.

Might not be that bad.

You can see how the 'system' is going to pan out though. Switch the stadium and the Roman numerals each year.

Generic,and much less creative in the long run.

And there goes the most unique logos for a championship game in sports. Goodbye creativity, hello generic. Should have known Dallas would have the gall to actually put Cowboys Stadium in the freaking logo. Gag. Abstract logos are apparently now dead to the NFL and that's a damn shame, because the Super Bowl logo in Tampa last year was a heck of a lot better than this new "template." A sad day for logo fans everywhere.

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

The more I look at this the more I dont like it. I did at first but now it looks like it should be the cover of the program. Not the actual logo. Ill be ok if its a one year thing, but if its the damn thing every year, hopefully with some public backlash (like the 49ers logo dabacle) they will go back to creative designs.

iq5b7nF.png

Ugh, I wish it was the Wikipedia logo. When I think of the Super Bowl logo, I think of something that stands out. That logo just blends into the rest of everything else on the page. There is no color, there is no emotion, and there is too much going on. I guess for something that represents the generic Cowboys Stadium, it fits the bill. I guess it's a logo to Jerry's monument to himself, and it fits perfectly.

The Logo on the ball Staubach was holding in the video looks much more simplified.

Might not be that bad.

You can see how the 'system' is going to pan out though. Switch the stadium and the Roman numerals each year.

Generic,and much less creative in the long run.

I would agree that this is not the best logo ever but it does look a little better on the football that was shown in the video here.

SBXLVfootball.jpg

The patch is going to look horrible on the two teams next year no matter who it is!

Epically the team who will be in white. If there is not a black outline or any colour in outlined, its going get lost in the white jerseys.

4kv29i.jpg

The patch is going to look horrible on the two teams next year no matter who it is!

Epically the team who will be in white. If there is not a black outline or any colour in outlined, its going get lost in the white jerseys.

I'm pretty sure the patch will be exactly like what is on the ball.

Archived