Sun Life Stadium

Juddley

I heard that they are not putting in a new field for the Super Bowl after the Pro Bowl. Are there any pictures of the Pro Bowl field? And what will they do to eliminate all of the markings in time for the Super Bowl? Curious to see if anyone knows.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted this in another thread:

Here is an excerpt from an article on MiamiDolphins.com:

With the final bit of painting, mowing, watering and fertilization going on, Mangan and his crew now get to see how the grass holds up to some of the show rehearsals and other event preparation that will take place on the field and then they will jump back out there and spruce up the paint and the rest of the field. Once the Pro Bowl ends, both end zones will be removed and replaced with fresh sod and then painted with the names of the two participating teams ? the Colts and Saints. The Pro Bowl logos on the field and the sod they sit on also will be replaced with the Super Bowl XLIV logo.

Here is a link to the entire article:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/sun-life-stadium-getting-facelift-pro-bowl-and-super-bowl

BwZsPH2.jpg

Let's just hope the field holds up after the Bowl debacle...

you know I actually didn't think about the condition of the field until I read this thread. I'm very interested to see what happens. Afterall, it was the very same stadium not too long ago that had a number of games played on it, destroying the surface for one of the bowl games. I doubt the underwhelming Pro Bowl will do anything bad to the field but I can still imagine that there is not way that the field can be as pristine as it has been in previous Super Bowls. Most of the past Super Bowl Stadium crews had weeks to get their surface prepared as opposed to days.

The NFL should just have thier own Field Turf field transported to where ever they are playing the game. They wouldnt have to grow grass at farms and could just keep their nice fake turf in storage and install it over where the event is held. It would be able to handle 2 "big" games in 7 days.

iq5b7nF.png

The NFL should just have thier own Field Turf field transported to where ever they are playing the game. They wouldnt have to grow grass at farms and could just keep their nice fake turf in storage and install it over where the event is held. It would be able to handle 2 "big" games in 7 days.

This ^^^

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

I'd venture to say that the players probably wouldn't like that. I haven't heard how football players feel about FieldTurf, but I've heard Carl Crawford of the Rays say on numerous occasions that the FieldTurf kills his knees.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Let's just hope the field holds up after the Bowl debacle...

you know I actually didn't think about the condition of the field until I read this thread. I'm very interested to see what happens. Afterall, it was the very same stadium not too long ago that had a number of games played on it, destroying the surface for one of the bowl games. I doubt the underwhelming Pro Bowl will do anything bad to the field but I can still imagine that there is not way that the field can be as pristine as it has been in previous Super Bowls. Most of the past Super Bowl Stadium crews had weeks to get their surface prepared as opposed to days.

The Bowl debacle was at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, not at LandShark/SunLife Stadium in Miami. Miami's turf has always held up well, with the Marlins playing baseball throught the first month of the season and the Hurricanes and Dolphins sharing the field the rest of the fall. Iowa and Georgia Tech played the Orange Bowl there right after the end of the regular NFL season, and the turf was beautiful.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

Field turf needs to be set and "broken in" over the course of a year to get the best effect in injury proofing. St. Louis pulls it up every season, and this practice has been cited as a possible explanation for the crippling injury epidemic that has struck the franchise since they switched over.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think Junior Seau had a season-ending injury in the Patriots' first game on FieldTurf, that time they hosted the Bears and decided to go from grass to FieldTurf over the bye week. Not saying that's why Seau got hurt, but lol at FieldTurf.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think Junior Seau had a season-ending injury in the Patriots' first game on FieldTurf, that time they hosted the Bears and decided to go from grass to FieldTurf over the bye week. Not saying that's why Seau got hurt, but lol at FieldTurf.

He got injured because Cedric Benson broke his arm.
OldRomanSig2.jpg

He got injured because Cedric Benson broke his arm.

Oh, okay. I don't really remember details of 2006 Bears games after about the sixth week or so because I'd just spend the whole afternoon throwing up.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A line from the article...

As that happens, stadium crews will also be installing the new signage for Super Bowl LXIV.

Fail.

If the NFL awards Super Bowl 64 to Sun Life Stadium, you are going to wish you never said that. :P

iq5b7nF.png

this is what happens when you put the the pro bowl and super bowl in the same stadium, to make matters worse the pro bowl before the super bowl , hope you're happy goodell, the pro bowl should be hawaii where we don't care but a vacation

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived