Philadelphia Flyers Concept

officeglenn

So, a little while ago, chickenfish13 came up with a concept for the Philadelphia Flyers, and a few people commented in that thread that they hadn't realized there was a P in the Flyers' primary. That got me thinking -- how could I go about revamping the Flyers' logo so that the P was more prominent, but not deviate too far from the logo Flyers fans know and love?

Here's what I came up with. I think it doesn't stray too far, nor does it beat the viewer over the head with the P:

flyersP1.gif

I also made a version with the bottom of the P rounded off like the wings. I don't like it as much, but others like it better, so I thought I'd put it out there:

flyersP2.gif

Then it sort of evolved into a secondary F logo:

flyersF.gif

And that soon became the basis for a new wordmark:

flyerswordmark.gif

Uniforms to follow ...

Home uniforms:

flyersunis10.gif

Away uniforms:

flyershomeunis10.gif

Alternate uniforms:

flyersorangeunis10.gif

I tried to keep some of the iconic elements of the Flyers' uniforms, while putting a bit of a modern twist on them,.

Way better than mine :P I'ts pretty nice, I like the rounded one better. I think the whole thing looks a little "big". Best word I can use to describe it, i dont know what it is, it just seems like that. Nice wok though.

Thanks ... I think. ^_^ I'm not sure what you mean by it looking a little "big," either, but I'll take it.

Your primary logo is really good. Unfortunately from primary to secondary there is a lot of inconsistencies that kind of throws it off. Possibly round the bottom front and top end of the secondary f like you did with the P?

I see what you're talking about with the inconsistencies, and I think I can explain them. As I said in the first post, I liked the P with the squared-off stem better, so I based the rest of the package off that, and used it in the uniforms. Rounding off the F would definitely make it more consistent with the rounded-off P, and I will give it a shot.

No one's got anything to say about the uniforms?

Gotta say this, this is very good.. the uniforms look is certainly something to be useable but I wonder if it can be working like the Edge-look jerseys?? Would be cool to see that actually there.. as for the logo, whoa... that is very interesting with that logo look.. I think it can work too..

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

This is really petty good. Not the biggest fan of the F logo, but it's still well done. I'd lose the silver outline around the logo when it's on the jerseys. One of my favorite things about the Flyers' white jerseys has always been how there is no border around the crest, so it looks like the white from the jersey is in between the wings. Actually, I think this is why the Flyers actually have two different versions of their logo. The one with the rounded wings always has a black outline, while the one with the slanted wings (which is on the jerseys) never has an outline.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I honestly think this is an upgrade from what the Flyers have now. And I've always been a fan of the Flyers current logo. But, these look downright awesome. My only thing is that the orange on orange with the alternate throws things off. I can't explain why, but it just seems like it drowns out.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

This is nice and clean, but as a Flyers fan, I'd have to say that their current logo is untouchable. I hope I never see them change their logo. That "metal" version they used for their original third jersey was ghastly, but at least it was still the Flyers logo.

Again, these are nice. I like the rounded "F", which would be cool for a hat or something. But I just don't EVER wanna see the Flyers change their logo.

This is nice and clean, but as a Flyers fan, I'd have to say that their current logo is untouchable. I hope I never see them change their logo. That "metal" version they used for their original third jersey was ghastly, but at least it was still the Flyers logo.

Again, these are nice. I like the rounded "F", which would be cool for a hat or something. But I just don't EVER wanna see the Flyers change their logo.

Oh I agree, but as far as concepts go, this is as good as it gets. The jersey templates are perfect for them - much better use of Edge than what they went with (and better than the faux-retro that they're in the process of switching to.)

I'd probably go with the orange as the primary and black as the third (and flip the logos accordingly), and remove the silver outline from the logo on the white jersey, but that's about it. Well, the side panel on the orange doesn't match the side stripe on the pants, so maybe they'd need black shells with that jersey (or some other kind of stripe that would match?) I'm also not crazy about the number font, but that's probably because I'm so used to them using the same one since... well, forever (at least the early '80s.) I could get used to it. The socks are great too.

Also, rounded F > square F.

EDIT: lose the ReeBox please! I hate the Edge jerseys that include this... "feature".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The uniforms and logo are pretty good, but I really like that wordmark. That's something that could be used with the existing stuff (maybe with the silver turned black).

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

The new numbers make take this to a whole new level. I really like the P, i'm not too keen on the F yet, I'm not sure what it is. The orange portion of the F gets lost in the orange jersey as well, I'd like to see the P logo on the orange, and the F on the black as the alternate. I'm not sure how it would look, but I love double outlines on numbers, so maybe put a silver outline on them as well?

If you're gonna use the 'F' on the orange jersey, you should swap the orange and white in the logo to make it more visible.

That said, love the number font, and how well the socks match the jerseys.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The new numbers make take this to a whole new level.

Thanks. It's the number font I had used before, which I picked because I thought it had a balance between curves and straight ends like the first version of the P logo. But since most people said they liked the rounded P, I figured I should round off some of the straight ends of the numbers too to keep the look consistent.

I really like the P, i'm not too keen on the F yet, I'm not sure what it is.

I guess all I can say is, it's an F -- nothing more, nothing less. In the same way the orange streak formed part of the P, I wanted to have an orange streak that formed part of an F.

The orange portion of the F gets lost in the orange jersey as well, I'd like to see the P logo on the orange, and the F on the black as the alternate.

I see where you're coming from, but I would fear that the same thing would happen to the orange streak in the P if I put it on the orange jersey. I'll give it a shot, but I'm not sure it will look any better.

I'm not sure how it would look, but I love double outlines on numbers, so maybe put a silver outline on them as well?

I love double outlines too, but I was afraid, with the side panels eating up a bit of space, there wouldn't be enough room on the back to do so without having the outlines run into one another. Plus, I was trying to maintain consistency -- the main colour of the numbers being the colour of the top portion of the side panel, and the outline being the same colour as the main portion of the side panel -- so I'm not 100 per cent sure how silver would fit into that. Again, though, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

If you're gonna use the 'F' on the orange jersey, you should swap the orange and white in the logo to make it more visible.

I understand where you're coming from (see above), but I would be reticent to swap the orange and white, especially just for one application. If they wanted to use the secondary mark in other applications on white backgrounds, they'd want the orange in there rather than the white, and I think it would be needelssly complicated to have two versions of the same secondary mark.

That said, love the number font, and how well the socks match the jerseys.

Muchas gracias.

The custom number font is superbly integrated with the rest of the concept, and it does wonders to improve what was already pretty good. I still feel like the primary logo is just too massive the focus is in the wrong place. If you tried shortening the length of the "wings" by about 1/3 or so, I think you'd have something with more symmetry and the focal point (the "P") being closer to the center of mass.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I think these look awesome. Very clean, looks professional. I like how you kept it connected to the old Flyers logo. Personally, I would be sad to see the Flyers change their logo, but if it looked like this I could probably deal with it. Looks great.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

Archived